Loot Etiquette - OOG Boxer Rolling

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zephan, Aug 10, 2021.

1. Triconix Augur

While I would never personally roll on anything if boxing an alt in or out of group, the best advice is assume the worst and hope for the best. You cannot just assume that a person isn't going to have a selfish attitude and not roll on everything twice. Therefore, if you want rules in place you need to set them up front.
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

No one has addressed the lore question, what if it wasn't a lore item? Would we even have this conversation? What if the guy won some of super rare super awesome super valuable item? Would you be upset he rolled on that since he already one a stick?
  3. Accipiter Old Timer

Found "Faceless"
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Interesting discussion and not something I would have considered. I mainly play with friends where loot is done NBG. Even going for a ML and splitting stuff at the end if no one acutally needed it, we have also done 1 person selling stuff and splitting the proceeds. I hate wasting time in EC tunnel so loot I don't need doesn't really bother me it only gets slung in the bank for a future alt or given to friends.

Lore items I wouldn't even consider specifiying 1 per person in a pick up group, but I guess I'm not used to dealing with greed. It is certainly something I would consider checking on when joining a pick up group now.
  5. Silver-Crow Augur

Really anything goes on Mischief. It's all PP and krono driven... what else did you expect on a free trade server.

Just assume everyone is a selfish krono kiddie and will take advantage of you if they can if it will make them PP or krono. Either live with it, or move to a more old school server where reputation still matters. Most new TLP's are full of asshats out to wring as many krono out it as possible before jumping to the next TLP. This behaviour is not new.
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

What has been your experience on Mischief? For the most part it is much less toxic than prior TLPs (with the exception of Rizlona). Lots of people give away free stuff because it doesn't pay to try to sell it. I have given away a lot of gear. The toxicity rises to the surface where epic mobs are concerned, but that won't last long. So again, what has been your personal experience on Mischief?

I won't hold my breath waiting for an answer.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  7. Rauven Augur

My signature probably applies here.
  8. Elskidor Augur

It's a crap move on the boxes part however you want to swing it, but trying to be slick and blame an entire guild is just as lame.
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Unless it is stated in a group that you can only win an item once while in the group it should be expected that people will roll on it multiple times.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  10. Leifer1969 New Member

I wouldn't say it should be "expected." It would probably rise to being a "concern."
  11. Rauven Augur

Like it's been said thousands of times. The standard is 'Need All'. Not 'Need All... but'

Waring_McMarrin is correct here. I don't like it anymore than most of you do, but what we like and what is reality are simply different.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If the standard loot settings for group is everyone clicks on need why would they click off on something if they can roll for it again? You would see that mindset in a need before greed group sure but not in a free for all group.
  13. Laronk Augur

How is it different than if he sold his first fungi staff to some random player before a second one dropped? His shaman didn't roll he just won one gave it to the shaman and won another the way I read it.

That being said I'd pass on the 2nd one myself but still.
  14. Machen New Member

I'll give a slightly different perspective. Dice have no memory, and neither should groups. Unless a group agrees ahead of time to get 1 for each person before they leave the camp, it's not really fair to expect someone to stick around after winning an item to help everyone else get one with no ability to roll again. After all, during the initial wait before the first spawn, you weren't there to help him get loot -- you were there hoping to get one for yourself. After he's won one, if the group doesn't want him to win another, replace him. Otherwise you are just taking advantage of him, having him work for your benefit with no reward in it for him. You didn't spend even a moment working for his benefit with no possibility of loot in it for you. He shouldn't have to either.

Would you be upset if he had just logged after winning the first one? People tend not to think that winning loot obligates you to stick around and help the group. Expecting him to stick around and keep helping the group without getting to roll again, though, is exactly that--it is treating him as if he owes a debt to the rest of you. He doesn't.
    OldTimeEQ1 likes this.
  15. OldTimeEQ1 Augur

The title is so misleading - A guy in group wins a lore item, rolls and wins the item again. What if he had origin'd, shared-banked it, and gated back and looted? The aggravation seems to be he just traded it to his box outside group and looted the second one?

The issue actually seems to be not rolling on an item if the specific item has been won once, or not rolling on items at all, until all get an item - As Machen said, if the latter, people log (not all, many do - I saw this in sol B royals exp groups in Phinegel).

Just be upfront on loot rules, makes life simpler (and please don't pull NBG on high value items in PUGs, it is just plain unfair and very wrong to others in the group!)
  16. Loki4567 Lorekeeper

The OP also neglects to mention that he sought the same guy out the next day to get into his XP group. So he can't have been too miffed about the fungi stick...
  17. Atomos Augur

Before advloot and Krono, I recall the standard being 1 big ticket item per person. On the other hand, I can't believe 1.5-2 Krono means so much to people, on either side of this argument. I think most people wouldn't be scummy and try to win a 2nd staff, but most people also wouldn't make a forum post over it. At most just silently try not to group with the guy again.
  18. Zephan New Member

No he didn't, OP hasn't grouped on that character since the post.
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Hasn't grouped and hasn't attempted to group are two different things the claim doesn't say that they didn't attempt to group but a group never happened.
  20. Aegir Augur

Pick up groups has such a short life-time on TLP servers. Some end up as very nice grinds, some has some intriques as this one. Just enjoy them for what they are... If i do end up in Pick up group, I will just be there for exp mainly.... Loot, and whatever hilarious drama/personalities that comes out of it, will just be a bonus.

If I'm looking to grind some high valuable items or upgrades - I will always set up a group with friends/guildies.
    Skuz likes this.