Fixed Loot bonus causes Mercenaries to malfunction

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by MachoSod, Nov 8, 2022.

1. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea its like there using the wrong healing spells. It goes good for awhile then downhill. trying to level up some alts killing green and light blues and once in awhile i got to use surviving aa's which i never have to use its annoying. Im using fear crazed rat merc probably doesnt mean anything. My ranger is starting to go insane with lack of healing.
    MachoSod and Fishlips_Jones like this.
  2. Fishlips_Jones Journeyman

Same on Bertoxx. Level 120, max merc aa's. Annoying is an understatement. If it ain't one thing it's another.
    MachoSod likes this.
  3. Gialana Augur

On my paladin, I have to put the group aggro reducer buff on the melee merc. Even then, it's not always enough. Sometimes the merc will quickly get aggro, and other times it will hover around 40%.
  4. Angeliana Senior Community Manager

Thank you so much for the report, the issue has been passed along and is being looked into.
    Syylke_EMarr, Shyran, Strumph and 6 others like this.
  5. MachoSod Lorekeeper

Thank you!
    Angeliana likes this.
  6. HolyKnight New Member

On Xegony Clorwork mercs and Banshee Rogue are having serous problems.
    Not only the Healer Merc , The Rogue is getting the agroo as if the subtle Strikes doesn't not exist.
  7. Strumph Augur

Wow no wonder I had issues last night with heals! Just looked at parses... yeah hopefully this gets fixed ASAP!

Thanks Angeliana for reporting the issue!
    Angeliana likes this.
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

Since it looks like it's the bonus loot that might be the issue (I'm sort of stumped how extra loot from a mob connects to mercs not working, but this is EQ of course), was this the first time Live servers got a loot drop bonus? I honestly can't remember seeing it before. Bonus xp, faction, rares, shorter lockouts...yes, but not bonus loot.
  9. Ozadar Elder

120 frog healer merc on Zek can’t heal mage pet tanking light blue mobs. Used to handle with ease.

Ozadar of Zek
  10. MachoSod Lorekeeper

What does fixed internally mean? Just checked and merc is still having problem.
  11. Kendeth Augur

It means it has been fixed on their end but hasn't been pushed live yet. I guess we'll find out if this requires a patch to fix or if it is something that can be pushed live without a patch.
    Treiln likes this.
  12. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

It means, similar to eating that burro, you have some internal upset. Time will tell if its just gas (hot fix) or the runs (server down)
    Sumasi, Kendeth and Treiln like this.
  13. Treiln Augur

Nope, I've got 20 merc AAs banked and haven't put anything in to them yet and it's still a night and day difference.
  14. Tatanka Joe Schmo

"Fixed Internally" - Great! Hotfix, please :)
    SteamFox likes this.
  15. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I think there are lots of players that are dependent on mercs working correctly, so I hope they roll-out their fix soon. :)
    Silvena likes this.
  16. Lumenace Journeyman

Glad to know I'm not crazy, on FV same issue. Spells seem to be either wrong or not working correctly on healer mercs.

This HAS NOT BEEN FIXED.
  17. Derd Augur

Fixed internally does not mean its fixed in game, so till that is announced ... invite a healer :)
  18. strongbus Augur

you do know that fixed internally means they have fix but just need to push it to live. 10 to 1 atm they trying to see if they can do it with or without taking the severs down.
    Silvena likes this.
  19. Toukan Augur

Glad not just me. Getting wrecked fighting single dark blues in Basicalla on Povar
  20. MischeviousNomad New Member

The mercenary issue is still not fixed. Healing is about 1/3 of what it should be. Also mobs aren't switching agro targets correctly. They will stay on the tank merc until it's dead regardless. This is happening for players also.
    Nennius likes this.