Looking to Return

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Faylon Lonestar, Dec 8, 2021.

1. Faylon Lonestar New Member

Greetings,

Unfortunately I haven't really played EQ since 2004.

I would like to pick it back up, but allot has changed so I have a few questions.

I would like to create a new level 1 character and start my journey from there, but is this even really possible with how far the game has come? I see they offer for you to start at a much higher level now.

Which server would you folks recommend? I would like to find a friendly guild for a casual player who really will not know what he is doing.

Thank you for any and all assistance, I am looking forward to meeting any of you in game!

Faylon Lonestar
    TSmokes45 likes this.
  2. TSmokes45 New Member

I am going to piggyback here if you don't mind. I too am looking to return, also as a casual player. I am using a free account to test the waters as I have not played in a very long time (ROK). I would prefer to play a Cleric but will be hard without a guild or someone to team up with. Currently I'm messing around on Firiona Vie
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

WB!

First off you may be able to recover your old account. If you can't go thru the automated recover then at the bottom of this link is a button to click that says this did not work or something like that. https://help.daybreakgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/217481518-How-do-I-recover-my-account-

But either way, make a new level 1 and go thru the tutorial and finish at least the basic quests in the middle that will show you how to use the find key, buy a merc, use augs etc.

Once you are level 11 ish you will be kicked out or you can leave before that and go on to Cresent Reach or anywhere you want cause you will now have the basics. There is a good guide now called the Hero's Journey which you can find by clicking the achievement key on your character screen. It pops up with a list of zones, missions in those zones, general stuff etc you can do. You can start with the tab that says "Hero's Journey" and it will show you progression level tasks.

Others will tell you to buy that Heroic character (instant level 85) but might not be a good idea if you don't know the basics yet.

You can do all of this and much more with a free account. But if you want to have access to general chat then you only get that on a paid account and you can get into it after level 20 ish. Before that your in newplayer chat. If your a free account you will stay in newplayer and not be able to get into general. This is why recovering your old account is a good idea, those old accounts are called Silver and also have general chat rights.

As far as servers, can't really suggest a specific one. Xegony has a large guild that is good for new players, seen some in chat on Tunare.

There is a ton more info but just take it a step at a time :)
    TSmokes45 likes this.
  4. Tucoh Augur

Yes you can do that. Doing so on a live server will be somewhat lonely, and getting to where everyone else is will take a lot of time. It'll be much easier/faster if you use 2 or 3 accounts and play them simultaneously. Heroic vs non-heroic doesn't matter that much because it's so easy to get to 85. I'd recommend not using heroic characters.

If you wait for the next TLP release or roll on Mischief you'll be able to group more easily from level 1.

I play on Bristlebane and can recommend it as a live server, it has several guilds that are populated and friendly to casual players, including my guild, Ring of Valor.

FV or Xegony are populated also.
  5. TSmokes45 New Member

Let me know which server you start on if you want to duo with a healer
  6. Faylon Lonestar New Member

That is great thank you!

I have been playing through the tutorial and it is very good so far. Feeling allot better about the mechanics of the game so far.

I am really looking forward to meeting everyone in game again :)
    CatsPaws likes this.
  7. Nyarai New Member

Greetings, I'm thinking about getting back in the game too. Do you know on which server you want to play? I will probably do Antonius Bayle or Firiona Vie, but I'm not entirely sure yet. If you want to group up, drop me a note :) I'm also on discord server under the same name as here.