Looking for some gearing advice

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Cragoth, Jul 20, 2021.

1. Cragoth New Member

Hi everybody, been playing on mischief a bit and have been leveling my cleric. Don’t have very much good gear but I have a little bit of plat I’ve been given by a nice Druid who helped me out. I know next to nothing on gearing out a cleric on a TLP server so I was wondering if anybody could give me some ideas on what to look for, I’m using low level dropped cloth and leather armor pieces from low zones right now and a cracked staff as a weapon so my gear is not good at all. Thanks!
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

https://eqitems.com/?frmSearch[clas...IgnoreEffects]=1&DoSearch=Search Best in Slot

Note: Eqitems should only really be used as a baseline as it weights some stats really oddly, it also has many items that aren't actually available yet so you will have to do a little research on if something is actually ingame yet or not if you decide to try to purchase it.

The stuff halfway down in each category will probably be reasonably priced with the stuff at the bottom being basically given away. Cross-reference items you think you might want with https://araduneauctions.net/ to see if it fits your plat budget.
  3. Kumiko_Lockjaw Elder

Mischief is prolly the best server for new players gearing up.
    If you do not need the best in slot stuff, you get everything you need.
    Group content drops are easily 10 times cheaper than on other TLPs in the same era.
    Baseline for most items is 100pp though, because if it doesn't sell for that at least, its often not worth the time to auction it and is vendored.
  4. TLP Addict Augur

Which kind of takes away any feeling of achievement or accomplishment from earning gear.
    Juskov likes this.
  5. Elskidor Augur

I started off with banded and just replaced them a piece at a time when something drops. A full set should be cheap. It's not the greatest but it won't cost much and it'll get the job done for a bit. Just don't blow all your plat on gear. You need to be able to afford your spells first.
  6. Damyr New Member

Good advice above to check eqitems. I'll provide some specific items I look for that are not "class armor" like the ethereal items, and prices I'd expect you'd pay on Mischief right now. since the servers are down, and I had an hour reserved to xp. The items below are not best in slot, but are good value for the price and trying to keep each item sub 300pp, with the exception of the shield which is quested and i've thrown in because you should focus on getting it - I would take groups in the zones where the items drop, or try to build groups to get the items to complete this quest. If not, you'll need to spend 2Krono to buy it. You want this shield! I also included the ranged slot totem, as it's worth getting it now for when the focus effect works.

Ear 1: Earring of Cleansing - clicky cure poison + good stats = around 200pp
    Ear 2 Earring of Purity - Clicky cure disease + good stats = around 300pp
    Head Helm of Nathsar - sub 100pp
    Face Sebility Scale Mask - sub 100pp
    Neck Chrysoberyl Talisman - 200pp / Clicky talisman specific to your faith like this: Regent Symbol of Innoruuk - People play dark elf clerics for this very reason
    Back Shimmering White Shroud - 25pp
    Shoulders Obulus Death Shroud - 50pp
    Chest Mithril Runed Tunic - 75pp
    Arms Withered Leather Sleeves 300pp
    Bracers x2 Withered Leather Wristbands 75pp each
    Finger 1 Moonstone Ring 50pp
    Finger 2 Golem Tear Ring 300pp
    Waist Withered Leather Belt 200 pp
    Hands: Nathsar Gauntlets 150pp
    Legs Withered Leather Leggings 250pp
    Feet Withered Leather Boots 200pp
    Weapon Cone of the Mystics 100pp
    Shield - Defender of the Faithful Heart
    Range Idol of the Underking 2000pp
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

It doesn't for me. Are you playing on either Mischief or Thornblade?
  8. Captain Video Augur

I can't even give away banded armor I've crafted to eligible unguilded lowbies on Thornblade, nobody seems to want it.
  9. Juskov Lorekeeper

Banded? I don't even bother looting Kylong, Jarsath, or even most of the planar armor now other than BPs. Singing Steel goes straight to the vendor. Loot was definitely over the top on this server. You probably could run around KC/Seb and find stuff in a pile of bodies better than banded. Can get most planar real cheap in EC.
  10. Cragoth New Member

Hey thanks for all of the replies everybody, I really appreciate it. I'll buy up some crafted Jewelery and then start filling my other slots with low end gear when I get a chance just to get a better start. Any recommendations on a weapon and offhand? Maybe 100 plat each? Thanks again :)
  11. crs250 New Member