Looking for raid tips on Esianti: Contract of War

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fian, Oct 8, 2019.

1. FawnTemplar Augur

At Feather, have your healers put all the other healers at feather on ETW. If, for example, I heard a couple melee get called for a cure I would start healing the shaman in the melee group and visa versa if I had a couple necros or chanters get called.
  2. Cailen Augur

blah blah blah mash buttons stuff go boom ;)
  3. Bigstomp Augur

Interesting.

Obviously we aren't going to change what works now in deep farm and soon beta but casual raids often need a different strat since we have a different raid makeup.

You bring both snails to one spot and have 1 tank tank them both?
    I assume the SK is due to taps + strong aggro?
  4. Brohg Augur

SK because they can chain some strong discs and as long as other tanks don't **** around with them, SK agro on multiple targets is strongest. SK Concordant doesn't run out like warriors' can, they keep splode/splode/stream/Bargain greyed out & chain Insidious. Can HT one, Veil/Projection the other & pretty much set. Basically only burning Bst might have a prob but their cray-cray agro buttons really should be down from zapping the bone burners at 80.

There's taps to fill, sure. There's no reason for anyone with a spell bar to ever see their gems light up, after all. What matters for raid boss or mini tanking, though, is toughness & agro. Self healing via taps (& for Pal, HoTTs) is the part of their strength that comes into play on -- in that encounter, leapers & scorchies. Knights their own best healers when damage isn't constant, but that shouldn't be the case when under a boss.

…mostly though SK just because the player was good? It's totally fine to tank the two Guardians on two tanks (who maybe couldn't find their Super Suits?) as long as they stay stacked, and if they're single tanked then knights' self healing really is a thing. My force ran more into the issue of healers getting distracted by split tanking. Two tanks if they were good (they were) wouldn't spike much, so it didn't feel like a crisis for their healer, but when they did spike at different times then if the healers were good (they were) then they'd both reflexively wanna rescue heal the spiked guy and the other would miss a heal-- haha not like we wipe, right? but if the plan can make that not a problem, then it's not a problem. All about working with the tools at hand.

Getting pretty far afield, though. On topic : knights tank fine, don't need Sherman tank armor to contribute. They're especially good at tanking things that are unlikely to one-shot them, like Esianti or Ralaifin minis.
  5. Zunnoab Augur

Staying stacked on the snail will hit both tanks with the frontal, something potentially raid ending if the force has few backup tanks and few or no "super suit" tanks as you put it. Parallel prevents that.

I'm not home to look up the AEs, but I'm pretty sure it's DD and DoT at the same time.
  6. Koryu Professional Roadkill

It's a DoT. There's two versions of the same spell with different landing text, so I checked for both. Definitely DoT. Actually, the DD version looks silly since it has a stronger snare at 80%, but no duration.
    Zunnoab likes this.
  7. Cicelee Augur

Wait there is more to this event than /pet attack and auto attack???
    Mintalie likes this.
  8. Zunnoab Augur

The topic creator hasn't replied again that I've seen. I hope they got this down. This game needs healthy raid forces.

Interesting, unless both versions are used that's absolutely correct then. I'm still not going to push to change our strat since positioning them is good discipline, but unless there's another factor being missed here stacking them is indeed clearly the best. I will note this if I see anyone else ask about the event, unless that DD version does come into play. I'm not sure if that's just the group version? If it is that's actually worse from a group perspective, though the group ones are mezzable anyway. I've done the event on this laptop so was able to confirm, at the least, the DoT is indeed used in the raid.

I wish I could edit my earlier post. This topic is about Esianti but I don't like spreading bad info.
  9. Fian Augur

Thanks for the tips, we were able to beat the raid. The strat that worked for us is 2 healers in every group that is on feather. One healer does a single target cure, the other does a group cure, after first casting group heal. This gives single target a chance to reduce the number and make it less likely the group cure will kill the healer.
  10. Zunnoab Augur

Congratulations!

And yeah your exact plan for that will depend on your roster. Thankfully there are enough classes that can cure that there is some flexibility there.
  11. CrazyLarth Augur