Looking for Ores in all the wrong places

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Toukan, Jan 21, 2021.

1. seber Augur

you guys still need ore I done ore 2week of cov lol.
  2. Zamiam Augur

<sarcasm on>
    Applause
    <sarcasm off/>
    Coagagin likes this.
  3. kookoo Augur

i would have been done on ore myself , but again i am still helping guildies doing their COV progressions .

many after they done with progression and missions currencies , and ore , don't help much those in need to do their progressions,
  4. melemayhem Journeyman

i get it the ores had to be nerfed, but they have nerfed it way to hard, i played 8 hours yesterday, and another 8 today doing effrettiis in ww, had 2 named yesterday, one named today, 16 hours of play for 0 ores, makes the game very boring when u play to gain nothing esp as exp not really needed. If it stays like this i can see me getting bored and quitting which would be a shame ive played 20 years without a break, but its mind-numbing to play so long with no gain.
    Coagagin and Kase like this.
  5. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Random number generator. You might get an ore each time next time. If you claim to have played for 20 years without break, you'd have known that.
  6. birdsong_pawn Augur

At the new drop rate, the odds of getting two ores in the first two kills are 1/160000.

In other words, that's not how this works. That's not how any of this works.
  7. Svann2 The Magnificent

Weird. Doing missions I see more rot than looted, and thats with alts at least half of the time.
  8. Zamiam Augur

some people cant do missions or have to pay up the Wazzoo to have someone run it for them ..
    or if your lucky to get a group who are actually doing it for progression then you got a 5 way chance at it .. if your like me who have crappy dice (thanks DPG) i'd be the last to get one and of course no one will stay in group thru all 4 missions so the group makeup is constantly changing ..
    oh and just an FYI .. a complete run through all 4 missions + loot spot is going for 2 krono on Bertox
  9. Act of Valor The Newest Member

That's pretty harsh if true. Where did you get that number?
  10. Vaeeldar Augur

And people pay that? I can run through all 4 missions in about an hour 1/2.
  11. Zamiam Augur

I dont pay that just saying thats what i see in /general for those 4 tasks + loot rights .. just the 4 tasks for /ach is 1 krono ..
    I have a guild who can run thru them on occasion and a few team's can run Zlando and give the ore out to random peeps in guild .. but thats usually like once every few nights ..
    it will prolly take me another month or 2 maybe 3 to get full T3 gear'd ..
    thats just for the vis & non vis gear .. augs will prolly take alittle longer ..
    atm I have 7 or 8 vis slots done .. Chest, Arms, hands, feet, Wrist X1 .. 2h, 1h, shield .. still need rest and all non vis slots ..
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Anyone else feel like the drop rates are always generous at expansion launch but always later nerfed (like 1 month or so later)? It's as if there is an implicit launch bonus to reward early adopters and loyal customers. I suspect they do not openly advertise the "launch bonus" drop rate for fear of offending late adopters/customers.
    OldCa61 likes this.
  13. melemayhem Journeyman

its now been over a week, still 0 ores, admitely some of the days i only played r5 hours, but 8 again today for zip, saw 9 dragon named 0 ores, i get random generated but the game is damn boring when u lose all expectation of getting an ore, 7 days over 55 hours of game play, for 0 ores is stupid, it should be like east wastes was sure u could go 2 or 3 days without an ore, but then other days u get a couple, u sure as hell didnt go a week for zip
    Kase likes this.
  14. Kase Augur

As explained by a Dev in this -- Some Velium Threaded items are now flagged "lore equipped" | EverQuest Forums (daybreakgames.com) --- it was a mistake at launch for the drop rate. I wouldn't go as far as calling them liars or deceiving anyone about this. People make mistakes.
    Personally anyone who says they get "x" amount in "x" amount of hours etc ... well at this point I need to actually see them do it to believe it. I was fortunate to get vast majority at rollout but I feel for those now stuck with basically an ultra-rare drop rate. The drop rate needs to be re-evaluated and balanced more towards the average grouper, solo player, boxer... and not towards those who say, I get 2 in a day etc. They must be God-Like or extremely lucky and they need to play the powerball.
  15. birdsong_pawn Augur

Well, it's really a silly thing to be looking at. Someone had claimed that one might get an ore on every kill, so I calculated the odds of getting two ores in the first two kills. Anyway, here's how I got that number:

The current probability of a drop is 1/400, so the probability of an ore on the first kill AND an ore on the second kill is (1/400)^2 = 1/160000.
  16. Svann2 The Magnificent

The bolded statement is wrong.
    People keep confusing what Ngreth said. Originally it was 1% calculated with a 2x2 table which came out to 4%. He reduced that to .25% calculated on a 2x2 table which makes it 1%.

So by your logic that would make the odds of 2 in a row 1 in 10k.
  17. Vaeeldar Augur

I no longer think it’s confusion. Every time it’s brought up people say Ngreth said .25%. they don’t want to listen.

Even aside from the 2x2 table it should be pretty easy to figure out that when it was set to 1% generating about 4% actual - if reduces that to .25% it ends up with the original goal of 1%.
  18. melemayhem Journeyman

i think most of us thought drop from 4pct to 1pct would mean we get about 1/4 of what we used to, before nerf i got 8-10 a day, i agree that's too common. but since patch gone a week for zip. did get one today but one a week is tedious if u a person that has a lot of play time. if u play 8 hours u should at least get one, or if not every day every second day, 7 days of nothing is rediculas they gone from one extreme to the other.
    Kase likes this.
  19. Jondalar Augur

i have a new toon. he has all the ores he needs for crafted in every slot. Took 3 weeks total.
  20. Celephane Augur

If you are going to respond, you should try and pay attention here. You got yours before the drop rate was changed, so not lol at all. This WHOLE thread is about the drop rate since the change. This means your statement means absolutely nothing but wasted pixels.
    Coagagin likes this.