Looking for lowest population live server

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Koop, Sep 22, 2018.

1. Koop New Member

Is there a way to tell which live server has the lowest population? I’m just getting back to live after not playing for over a decade and looking for a server with a very low population so I run into less people when farming epic 1.0s again and such. I can always transfer off later. Thanks in advance.
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

The three servers competing for the lowest population are Trakanon, Brekt and Zek. Brekt prohibits transfers off, while Zek is PvP.
  3. Maedhros High King

This seems like a troll of the "merge servers" threads. Good luck on your solitary confinement.
  4. Koop New Member

Nah no trolling, being serious
  5. Kolani Augur

Aren't Brekt and Trakanon TLPs? I know Brekt is PoP locked or something stupid. Vox is probably what you're looking for.
  6. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

No. Brekt was the server that started as a limited time server where the goal was to kill OMM or complete the 6 group MPG trials, for a /claim reward. It turned into a regular server that follows FV rules.

Trakanon always was a regular server and is by far the lowest population server.
  7. Koop New Member

I have checked and unfortunately I cannot transfer any toons to Trakanon
  8. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

If you're starting over and worried about things like doing 1.0, don't think that should matter. Just start over. Plus, you can transfer off of Trakanon, so can transfer later.
  9. Symbius Augur

The whole 1.0's being overcamped thing isn't much of a thing anymore. They have harbinger's now that you can pop into your own instance for most quest pieces.

Kind of a waste of cash to plan on transferring off a dead server just because of that.
  10. Captain Video Augur

Not sure Trak is actually the lowest population live server. It still has a couple of active raid guilds, and every so often you can see alts farming things in various places. Vox is newer than Trak and I think may be lower pop based on how little sustained housing it has. If you're concerned about competition for old school content, any of several servers will suffice. Brekt should be excluded for that purpose since it is now a free-trade server just like FV, and you can't transfer off.

If you are not looking to join a guild on a particular server and don't care about transferring off, another option is Test. Faster XP but otherwise just like live servers, and the zones for older epics will be pretty empty.
  11. Thraine Augur

most servers are low population compared to 10 years ago .. however even on the most populated server 1.0 mobs will not be perma camped. theres a quest now where you can bypass all the annyoing 1.0 camps and go right to the 1.5 and thats what most people do now, so worry not :) your 1.0 camps are all free on just about any server you decide to settle on :)
  12. So Happy Augur

I highly recommend Test Server and also Primal Brood for a guild. Test Server will grant you free all access and vet AA abilities as well as the xp bump. Trakanon is definitely the lowest pop live server unless you count the 2 or 3 mega-botters farming Rares to sell for krono using the free xfer off system.
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

If you read his post I think he is looking for a server he can transfer off of at a later date.
  14. So Happy Augur

Maybe. He mentions transferring but couldn't be sure the way it was worded. Trakanon would be perfect for him, but he also mentioned that he couldn't transfer characters there.