Looking for info on raid debuffs / dot allocation

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nightops, Aug 2, 2016.

1. Nightops Augur

I'm looking for some indepth info regarding all things concerning raid boss debuffs / dot allocation.

Here are some questions I have...

1- Total number of debuff slots available? I saw this number posted a while back but i'm having trouble finding it again. 64 is sticking in my head, but I'm pretty sure that is off by 4 or 5.

2- Debuffs are assigned by class/person, but for dots, do raids limit the slot allocation by class? For example.. do you give necros a total of 30 slots... 3x10 or 2x15?

3- I'm not well versed with GamParse or similar software, but is there anyway to get a listing of debuffs/dots which are on a boss during an event? Is there any options to report current debuffs or record only debuffs/dots during an event instead of all spell casts? Certainly, I can dig through the spell casts & time for a whole raid, but that will be very hard to tell if anything was buff blocked, over-written, and nearly impossible to show variations due to AA differences amoung players.

4- Does anyone have a good (and current) listing of raid debuffs they would like to share (or can PM me if you dont want to make it public)? This one changes a bit more frequently then what most people realize. Eventhough Daybreak has only finished the dot revamped a few classes, several other issues come into play... over-writing, blocking, stacking as well as reserving space for things like the AA funeral dirge which require a debuff slot but may be casted later in the fight. Help with this area would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks in advanced for any help provided.
  2. Schadenfreude Augur

It's 97 but I'm told the UI won't display them all. You do not give any clues what content you are raiding so it's difficult to address your other questions.
  3. Gundolin Augur

Wow, I'm surprised its that high. I remember an old rule of thumb was to have no one but Necro's dot since you didn't want to waste a buff slot on a weaker dot. I know that rule went out awhile ago but I thought it was more due to the increased power in other classes dots (like the revamped Beastlord dots). Guess this is just part of that ocean of things I don't know.
  4. mackal Augur

I'm pretty sure if you can add them to your UI and it will show them.