Looking for help from raiding druids

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Stephen51, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Darchon_Xegony Augur

You are getting it. The fungus pet is awful for any druid but a naked druid with no autogranted or earned AAs.

As mentioned above, our Vortex of Ro AA (which autocasts our Glare of Ro spell) is slightly "better" than the single Blessing of Ro AA (which autocasts our Clasp of Ro spell).

[59311/5863] Glare of Ro Rk. III
    Classes: DRU/112
    Skill: Alteration
    Mana: 2137
    Focus: Fire Beetle Eye
    Target: Target AE
    Range: 200', AE Range: 30'
    Resist: Fire -200
    Reflectable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 3s, Recast: 6s, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 10m+ (100 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    4: Decrease ATK by 122
    6: Decrease AC by 12 (Raw=-159)
    7: Decrease Fire Resist by 86
    10: Decrease ATK by 177
    12: Decrease AC by 8 (Raw=-105)
    Text: You are surrounded by blazing flames.

59287/5847] Clasp of Ro Rk. III
    Classes: DRU/111
    Mana: 1531
    Focus: Fire Beetle Eye
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Fire -200
    Reflectable: Yes
    Casting: 3s, Recast: 6s, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 10m+ (100 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: Cast: Ro's Reflection Caza VI (v374)
    4: Decrease ATK by 110
    6: Decrease AC by 11 (Raw=-148)
    7: Decrease Fire Resist by 86
    10: Decrease ATK by 177
    12: Decrease AC by 8 (Raw=-105)
    Text: You are surrounded by blazing flames.

Unfortunately that slight 12 ATK 11 AC difference results in every druid on the raid being unable to cast Blessing of Ro every 6 seconds inbetween nukes/DoTs which reflects this heal on the tank:

[59290] Ro's Reflection Caza VI
    Classes: DRU/111
    Target: Targets Target
    Range: 300'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    1: Increase Current HP by 14569
    Text: A reflected flame heals you.

In summary, never use Vortex of Ro on raids unless the mobs you are going to hit with it die in a very short period of time. Also be aware if there are a bunch of adds near a main boss, it will overwrite on the main boss and you'll run into the same issue.

The Nature's Reaction buff is worth mentioning as its a decent length buff that should last through basically every raid fight if casted at the beginning of it. Really though, it should be rolled into our Wildtender's Unity AA. Somehow Shadowknights got 7 spells to get casted with their unity and we only get 2? Our unity at this point should cast Mask / Coat / Nature's Reaction / Preincarnation.

Our wolf for mana pres is extremely good. Unfortunately this also means it does not stack with most other mana pres buffs. I'd really like to see our wolf forms switched to a shaman style Pact of Wolf self-buff-aura thing so that we don't have to deal with stacking/blocking issues of Group vs Single and we don't have to worry about the times when we die and both wolf forms are down.

I find now that I have full current expansion gear I don't run out of mana outside of deaths or heavy mana drains generally speaking. Even with using our 3 heavy DoTs quite regularly. As mentioned above the Specialization augments are quite strong for preserving mana. The Specialized Evocation one by itself cuts the mana range of our Nature's Fervid Wrath down 520 mana. Personally I've used the Alteration / Evocation ones since LDoN merely mini-upgrading them once CoTF ones were available. However I've thought for a few expansions dropping the Alteration one in favor of the Conjuration one is probably the preferable configuration for modern druids. I can't remember the last time I got remotely close to running out of mana from casting heals.