Looking for guild Late Uk, early East Coast hours (Aradune)

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by besbin, May 10, 2020.

1. besbin Journeyman

Hi all,

Am really looking forward to the new server launch but am struggling to find a guild with suitable raiding hours for my schedule.

I live in the UK and after starting the recruitment process for the only Euro guild I have seen on these forums, I had to cancel the application when I saw that raiding would start at 6.30 pm UK time. I know this is because it is mainly catering to Euro time zone starts of 7 30/8 30 there. This is way too early for me, unfortunately. I couldn’t even guarantee being home from work.

The East Coast guilds that I have looked at seem to be starting raids at 8pm to 8 30pm which is just too late! (I think I need some undiscovered island in the middle of the Atlantic to appear and play on their time zone..)

So, I just wanted to know if anyone in the UK is in a similar position and would be interested in starting a guild for raiding during these hours or if there are any thus far unannounced Euro/UK guilds planning to raid later than the current one.
    An east coast US raiding guild starting at 7pm EST would also probably be workable.

Please help! I don’t want to miss out on raids because of the stupid time zone I am in!
  2. HicksSelos Lorekeeper

What time in the UK suits you? Im a UK player, but raid with the americans, im not much of a good sleeper and with working shifts i miss raids in the euro timezones if im on a backshift.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Honestly, I think you are going to struggle to find anything that fits this schedule really well, you may find some more casual EST guild that won't mind you leaving early
  4. besbin Journeyman

Yeah I know it is going to be tough but have previously found something manageable. Unfortunately this time around there only seems to be one euro guild and their start time is relatively early and can’t see any east coast guilds with a 7pm start this time around.

@HicksSelos - my ideal start time would be about 9-10 pm UK time but I know that is unrealistic! I could manage an 8pm start. That would give me time to get in , have dinner, sort the kids etc. 6.30 pm is just too early :(
  5. Crabman Augur

looks like theres a 3pm Cst sat/sun guild in forums now. thats 9pm uk time right?

Veterans of Norrath - just posted a recruiting thing yesterday it looks like
    Skuz likes this.
  6. besbin Journeyman

Oh yeah, thanks Crabman I will check that out :)
  7. Sihari New Member

If not mistaken, they changed it to 8-11pm CST.

Im in the same situation as you besbin, if you find a guild that suits you, please let me know!
  8. besbin Journeyman

@Sihari - yeah I spoke to the guild leader on discord, was undecided at that point, but looks like they are evening raids now too. Oh well.
  9. Karanthal Augur

There are not many around that raid a little later, 6.30 starts wouldn't work for me either. Knighrmare on mangler start at 7.30 UK 2 days a week, 6pm on sundays. Obviously not a new TLP, but might be worth considering if you cant find what you are looking for.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

You would be looking at UTC-2 & UTC -3 timezones I would think

Here's how that maps out Globally - https://www.timeanddate.com/time/map/

UTC -2 to UTC -3 is Greenland, biggest city is Nuuk with 18,326 (25% of the population)
    UTC -3 is going to be on the east coast of South America, so mainly Brazil.

Brazil is a very populous country but fairly poor, many F2P MMORPG are very popular there.
  11. CokaSZ "Oh they baited us"

If you're looking for set raid hours at that time you might be disappointed, there is no other EU guild raiding at that time.

However we will be running 24/7 raids with the batphone and the US time zones players will run AoC instances.

I don't think any other guild will has as many raid options/teams as us initially.

Other than that I don't know what to suggest, keep an eye on the recruitment threads, hopefully something turns up.