Looking for contact information.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by cocoa23, Aug 17, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ghubuk Augur

Wow, crazy how many "new members" are coming to your defense. I would be highly shocked if they banned you strictly based on a video someone sent them, though if indeed that is true, I wish you luck in getting your account back.
  2. cocoa23 Lorekeeper

This is the video which started it all......

https://www.youtube.com/embed/MXq1xxrOCkw?wmode=opaque

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Max "Remdag" Oakson
    August 10, 2017 12:40

Unfortunately we were presented with video evidence. The video pretty clearly shows multiple instances of warping.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I explained that when you charm a pet the pet warps to the player because i had no idea what they were talking about...

Max "Remdag" Oakson
    August 10, 2017 17:36

Not seeing any charmed pet, the character itself was seen making the warps.
    i asked if they turned down frames per second could it cause it to look that way because again i had no idea what they were talking about..
    Max "Remdag" Oakson
    August 11, 2017 19:48

The warping did not involve the use of any pets, it was the character only, no pets at all.
    If turning down FPS or lag were to account for anything the other characters in the area would have displayed the same behavior; they did not.
    i explained the bind sight lag after i was shown the video and someone pointed out to me what the issue was.. i then reproduced the video several times and sent them the proof..

Max "Remdag" Oakson
    Thursday at 14:50

If you have steps to reproduce a bug, the QA Team will be interested in verifying the information and submitting a bug to the Development Team.

If the QA Team can verify a bug occurring, the account will be released.
    Max "Remdag" Oakson
    Thursday at 15:50

The extraneous tickets are being merged into this one.

Please provide those exact steps to reproduce the alleged bug and I will send it to them.

Reproduction steps are every thing you did to create the situation.
    Max "Remdag" Oakson
    Thursday at 15:56

I don't want you to get ahold of any QA people.

Provide the steps you used to create the situation. I will send it to the QA team.
    Max "Remdag" Oakson
    Thursday at 16:44

This has been sent over to QA for investigation.
    Max "Remdag" Oakson
    Yesterday at 18:17

QA has been trying to reproduce this but so far has had no luck.

When I get firm information from them I will let you know.
    All they had to do was target someone and use a bind sight type spell or song and watch them in the same zone i was filmed as they say cheating warping, a large zone like karana or commonlands, and make sure they are a ways apart, that is the two players... it occures when there is a good size distance between the two players...
    I even went and filmed 6 random people running from the druid rings to the tunnel and they all started to behave in the same fashion...
    Spinning in one spot, then vanishing then reappearing again somewhere else...
  3. cocoa23 Lorekeeper

it also doesnt surprise me a new member or two has posted here, alot of people have returned to the game from many years away to be a part of the 1st time locked server..

myself included..
    I've stopped in from time to time but never stayed for long and this whole ordeal isn't making me want to stay much longer.. if i cant get my account back ill be leaving never to return but i'm not giving up just yet...
  4. Ghubuk Augur

It's probably this part that you need to explain. Again, they may not be going strictly by the video.
  5. cocoa23 Lorekeeper

you can see in the video that got me banned the elephant at the end of the video walks into the camera then vanishes, so yes, the NPC's are also lagging, not just the character, its the bind sight lag, the player used bind sight on me and then sent in the video saying i was warping... they used the video the person sent in and made the decision...
  6. fortuneteller Augur

Or just person who is making accounts, to make it seem like people believe.
  7. cocoa23 Lorekeeper

You got me! All the new member posts are me! ALL TWO (2) posts LMAO

You know if you wear a tinfoil hat for to long it will fry your brain?

This is what makes the EQ community so great, i love it :)

2 new members post and its a huge conspiracy.. o_O
  8. cocoa23 Lorekeeper

You seem like a really good person to ask advice from, can i PM you? (laugh)
  9. MyShadower Augur

You have proof of this, of the scientific variety? I know some of the wearers are a bit crazy but mine has a purpose and I would be interested to learn of possible detrimental effects from long term use.
  10. cocoa23 Lorekeeper

11. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.