looking for box advice

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by taradien, Dec 23, 2012.

1. taradien New Member

hia all,

in the moment, i box a pala/shm/druid trio, not bad ad all but dmg sucks a bit.
    Thats why i want to replace one (not my pala), bst for shm or mage for druid but i am not sure.
    I dont want to play a button chore class (i box on one pc). I have a 61er bst, but cant say imo if they need aloot attention and replace my druid... i lost a good healer and porter (+ succor, track,snare, some dps and debuffs)

Thats why i am looking for some infos and/or experience,

Thanks and happy xmas all
  2. Quentil New Member

would suggest replacing druid with ranger if u needing more dps , u may lose porting , but gain better dps tracking and can if being lazy set it just 2 use bow during a fight or get it in position for dps and allowance for any off tanking while rnager bwo is grat on burns against nameds
  3. Karthos Augur

Ranger would not be a good choice. Outside of Bullseye disc a rangers dps is really lacking especially if you plan to stay ranged all the time.

Maybe you should replace the druid with a wizard or necro.
  4. Fyrerock Augur

I agree it takes a lot of button smashing to get good dps out of a ranger, so either pick a mag, necro or a wizard, depending on what else you want to toon to do other then dps.
  5. huadmer Lorekeeper

Necro: Good dps, can pull, slow, and FD to recover a wipe.
    Mage: Good dps and Coth.
    Wizzy: Good dps and Ports.

I would recommend the necro to replace the shaman in your case. It will have zero mana issues, can pull, and will slow at later levels. Avoid any melee toon if you're boxing on 1 computer. One draw back with a ranger, while they can bring decent dps using a bow, in tight camps range can be a problem. You'll see message spam that you're to close to be able to use range attacks. IMO stay with casters.
  6. taradien New Member

thanks all for the infos

My pala is a must ;) and i am not a big caster fan but the necro isnt a bad idea :)
  7. huadmer Lorekeeper

I should of been a bit more clear. I would avoid another melee class. Having a real tank (like SK, pally, or war) is great and I would recommend keeping your pally.
  8. taradien New Member

ah k ;)