Looking for a group/partner that just plays a game

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Rabbit_Of_Doom, Oct 16, 2017.

1. Rabbit_Of_Doom New Member

Hey, I have always been what is referred to as a "filthy casual" Im a writer and freelance artist who takes breaks to play fantasy related video games to get new ideas. I used to play this game way back when, and I played it again on EQ Mac when I had a mac for a while, and I played it again when Phinny opened, and recently I tried p99 and Agnarr.

There have always been toxic people on online video games because its the internet and there is sort of a lowest common denominator factor to the internet, where a wide gamut of people can get online. I usually migrate to something different when I have to deal with too many toxic people in a game.

But there have been times where I played with groups of people who were cool to team up with. Cool gamers are like a rare drop off a monster. But p99 was a lowbie ghost town and I came over to try Agnarr and while I could find groups that were decent, once I started getting into the Unrest/Guk level, the same trainwreck dips came along. You might know the formula, someone gets mad at someone + someone's guildmate/alt bot comes running close by with a huge mob following them. Dippity derp. Its like a mentally challenged poor sport version of "I demand satisfaction" but all passive agressive and full on spoiled brat.

I suppose one cant expect much from people who invent terms like neckbeard and poopsock but hey. Anyway, are there any actually cool people who play that would want to group with a character of mine? I cant say I will be around all the way to raid content as I actually never have managed to do so with EQ. I have with one or two other games, but Im kinda more a person who is about the journey - since, as I said - I play these games to come up with ideas or recharge inspiration.

Lemme know. I think theres an inbox thing with these forums.
  2. Flatchy Court Jester

You may want to let people know what character (lvll, class, and such) you intend to play on. If you go heroic and the right class I know a guy that plays daily that is looking for a tank type on BB right now, since his SK friend cant get the damn game to reload on his ancient windows 7 computer, since about 3 patches ago.
  3. Rabbit_Of_Doom New Member

I can play anything. I'm just looking to play with people that are fun, as I explained. I'm not a professional gamer, Im a writer and an illustrator.

That having been said, I can at least mention Im not interested in playing a character that is level 85 or whatever. As I said, for me its about the journey as I get inspiration from playing video and tabletop games. I can even get writing ideas off of train brats but I've seen that a few too many times so its unlikely to give me anything I can work with. Hence, the title, where I am looking for people who are fun.

Oh, and I am also likely to take a pass on people who suggest I purchase things from the daybreak store like Kronos or super backpack items or whatever. Its basically cheating and ruins the whole fun thing.

So there you go, made it easier for people to know some whatevers and yada yada yada.
  4. CrazyLarth Augur

your find level one peeps in the game.
    Get out some dice and random your sever , class, ect and hit play. is the best advice I think I can give you.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

8 year old Win 7 PC here, no issues with EQ. Might be something with his particular install, but Win 7 still works fine with EQ.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  6. johnny_scarlotti New Member

reading ur cringy poopsock essay convinces me that you're a writer to avoid. wuts ur name on agnarr so i can avoid u. also link ur books so i can avoid them. thx.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Um wow. After demeaning most of the player base in this game you proceed to grace us with your willingness to play with us for a brief period while it suits you? Bah - no big deal - we all feel the same way. :confused:
  8. Storm Angel New Member

Hi Rabbit of Doom,
    A writer and an illustrator? That's great! Best of luck with your fantasy stories, I hope they do well!

While I do respect your feelings about using Market Place items, perhaps it was a bit much to call it 'Cheating'? But I do like your honesty about it.

Be well, and be blessed!
    xxGriff likes this.