Looking for a good group shaman spell line up/advice

Discussion in 'Priests' started by Stephen51, May 10, 2020.

1. Stephen51 Augur

Hi, in my spare time I box a mage and a shaman. Both are now 115 and strictly group geared.
    I have cobbled together a spell set on the shammy but I've always been a bit lost when it comes to which dots to mem, as they get far more than the 13 spell gems she has (still need to go back and do DoN progression to get the extra spell slot). When they combined a few of the dot lines, I memmed them but we haven't got them in a while so I am unsure what to go for. Any advice on this, or a macro or two, or any shamanic tips, other than don't canny yourself to death would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Raccoo Augur

This is my usual group line up, with all of the spell gems that are currently obtainable (DoN progression doesn't give a 14th spell gem). I mainly use Marlek/Evil Eye, and Direfang when things are dying quickly. Have the other dots there for named or if other people's discs/mana run low and I have to pick up the dps.
    [IMG]

Since it is a box shaman, don't know if you'd go through the trouble of meleeing, but can get more dps there too. Languid bite and pack of the black fang can be used as well.

Here's my lazy shaman dps key when I'm boxing 3 characters.
    [IMG]
    minimind likes this.
  3. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

i'm more lazy than rac when it comes to DPS.... but I generally only keep 3 dots memmed. 2 magic lines and chaotic (the combination poison dot). although if i'm dotting I usually only use the magic lines.

from an entirely group geared perspective, you'll chew threw mana if you're doing much else. personal opinion of course.
  4. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

I main a 100% non-raid 115 shaman. I approve Raccoo's spell set.:D

I have two slight differences in that I keep Frenzied Growth and casted cannibalized instead of Squall and Bite but I think the question was more about dots. I know people will say casted cann is a wasted spell slot but its a comfort thing for me, its been the number 2 spell slot on every spell set I have since I got the 1st spell 20+ years ago.

If I'm main healing an event like Icebound Avatar or Seeking the Sorcerer I'll trade out the two magic dots for Wintery Gift and Squall then to deal with AE.
  5. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

6. Stephen51 Augur

Thank you all for your replies. I will definitely take away your suggestions. I don't do much healing in my set up. Pets are a pain to heal as every time you zone, you have to add them back to extended target (other peoples). Quick question do all of our group heals hit pets?
  7. Raccoo Augur

For grouping Gift is overkill for just overhealing. Would rather focus on dpsing. (WRU Target of Target heals for shaman?!?)
  8. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

Yes, very much so.

In all honestly most of the events (group game only) in TOV are not really DPS checks unless you count Grilkor and I maybe cast 2 heals the entire event. The events and/or named mobs are more discipline and following directions checks. I'd rather have the extra heal capacity and pace ourselves fine than what I'm going to bring to the table in straight DPS. I haven't found a shaman yet that wants to load up AOW or say Narandi with 6 dots and create a bunch of adds or DT's. Now if you're talking about just straight grinding I'll agree with you but grinding is so far at the bottom of the list of things I want to do I generally avoid it.
    Stephen51 likes this.
  9. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

Hi, my name's mehdisin, and now you have =D. THAT sounds like a great way to make these events more interesting.
  10. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

Okay maybe bad word choice, I want to do that but I don't for obvious reasons so why not trade out the spell slots I can't use for more heals.
  11. Cydonia Elder

I’m only level 104 but I box SK, shaman, bard.
    I have a macro on the shaman that assists the tank (auto attack on), casts slow, casts the 12 second dot, and the quickfire large nuke, and finishes with the group HoT.
    I hit this macro once for each mob, and for most content, the mobs are usually low hp by the time I’m finished casting.

Aside from that, I have Gina triggers to tell me when to cast leopard and fatigue, and when epic is ready.
    This seems to work quite well for me.