Longtime player regretting year commitment

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dontee, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Dontee Elder

I wish I hadn't purchased a year membership so I could cancel and vote NO with my dollars on the TDS XP nerfs.

As an extremely casual player you have ruined EQ for me. Here is hoping that someone who reads this (a dev) cares about how you have finally turned off an EQ player that was here on day one when the servers went live, has attended Fan Faire's, etc
    Miss_Jackie and Ishtass like this.
  2. Piasa Journeyman

I really don't think the devs care at all, they want us in the new expansion.

The only way to make a statement is to stop the flow of money, money talks..

I have 2 year subs, they all just recently renewed so I'm locked in for a long time yet.

I also know many people are tired of hearing this complaining, cause it does seem like a broken record. I do not like the exp changes either, and I have not bought the expansion and I will not unless they are reversed. Its just knowing that I will get reduced exp in the older zones, not that I would actually visit them anymore that bothers me.

I do want this game to succeed, and I do not understand why it is so bad for us to get normal exp in older zones. Its still content they developed and we would be consuming it. I guess its just my play style that is not liked. I will get the latest expansion, level up and finish the previous expansion (meaning I complete every quest, partisan, mercenary, hunter, etc). I have only done a couple of them from RoF, and about half from COTF. Heck, the most recent expansion I have completed is House of Thule (just completed it a few months ago), but I have been level 100 for awhile with nearly all viable AA's.
    Ishtass likes this.
  3. Dontee Elder

Exactly how I feel, I haven't seen one post addressing the XP nerfs in any way... very arrogant.

I guess we really are in their world now.... or like me, looking for another place to spend my time.
    Miss_Jackie and Ishtass like this.
  4. Numiko Augur

I think the Dev's care, its upper management that has lost all interest in EQ and wont fund it any more forcing the Dev's to put out an inferior product and think of ways to force people to play it..

They were not allowed to put in a decent package for the "collectors edition" ... were not allowed to offer early order discounts...not allowed to have the time or resources to build Smed's promised "big expansion"... and when was the last time you saw anything about the new loot system that was promised at SOE live? .. I bet upper management looked at it and said "but isn't this going to cost money?"

When they announced that there would be no 15th anniversary award, and that the program was suspended, and then saw EQ2 was getting an entire zone for their 11th anniversary award I could see just how much the SOE brass cared about EQ1.
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Pretty much sums it up.
  6. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

Can you explain the specific situation where this has negative bearing on you?
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  7. Mordeen Lorekeeper

Can you explain the specific situation where this is any of your concern at all???
  8. Rykard Augur

I think in both cases if you are unhappy and intend to not play or play alternate characters in old content. You could place a "freeze" on your accounts locking in your paid game time until you are happy with the EQ experience again. In Piasa's case, I am assuming it is re-occurring so may have to cancel the re-occurring part then freeze the game time.

Or

If both are really unhappy with the current EQ experience, you could try and cancel and receive a refund on the remaining play time available.

Best regards,

Rykard
  9. Battleaxe Augur

I think if a player made it through heck levels, GoD, UF, etc. and continued to play ending the game because OOM's don't give exp or that you can't farm HA's without beating them and changing which one you are doing- not beating the same one time after time at level 100+ is a little silly.

Truth is you do the same task for 20 years you don't have 20 years experience. You have perhaps 1 years experience and 19 years of not experience repetition. HA's should have had a do one 20 times it's no longer experience tail off in the first place. <- Good idea. Make a DH HA achievement. Do 20 DH HA's get achievement - no more DH HA's. "I have nothing for a player of your accomplishment."

I'm doing the Partisan and Hero tasks in TDS (for the second time). Good fun, Good game. Beats spending 3-6 months in the same instance.
  10. Ishtass Augur

If they offered a way to refund remaining gold days I'd take it in a heartbeat. However I highly doubt they're in the business of refunding money. Once my gold days run dry though, cya!
    Lisandra likes this.
  11. Kravitz Augur

I honestly don't feel sorry for you if you knew about the nerfs or purchased a yearly sub 2-3 months ago. There was a lot of information about the negatives of TDS floating around in and out of the game. So anyone committing to a subscription plan longer than a monthly sub after you've had so much information about the state of the game, well that is on you. Stick with a monthly sub plan in the future. There have never been any refunds on subscription plans once you purchanse them, why commit so much time to a game that is devolving.
  12. Ishtass Augur

The people on the boards are a very small representation of the playerbase, and that's always been the case. A lot of people were blindsided.
    Shimmerleaf, Lisandra and Wayylon like this.
  13. Battleaxe Augur

Why demand a refund? Just don't play if you don't like that OMM's don't give exp any more, you can't do the same Gribble HA 1,000 times for experience (see my definition of experience above), etc.

Head shot has been changed! Ragequit and my 60 alternate accounts!!

Those HA's were up for a year. It was time to end OMM and get people into the new expansion. Sure some mind that OMM's don't give experience. But I think the majority have moved on and if there is 1 item they really really really want they deal with the change.

SOE is not required to keep bad things for the game in the game just because people who like the least effort/best reward path do them. In fact if something is done by large numbers of least effort/best reward fans to the exclusion of the larger game it's incumbent on SOE to change things.
    Qest T. Silverclaw and Kiillz like this.
  14. Kravitz Augur

They've been blindsiding people for the last few years with lack luster production, this time around there was information floating in and out of the game regarding it, not just these forums. Why would they change their mentality as long the money keeps rolling in, they are a for-profit business. Learn to speak with your dollars if you aren't happy.
  15. Battleaxe Augur

Is "blindsided" the word of the day? I thought it was "bait-and-switch".

SOE reserves the right to make changes to the game. Its right there in the agreement you make when you hit Play.
  16. Kiillz Augur

then DONT PLAY . Jesus so over hearing this time n time again. NO one is holding a gun to your head to play because it was not written exactly for you . What happens when you buy a PS3 game and its not what you expected? it is what it is , the hype was on the package and ya gave it a shot. Just like that PS3 game, you dont have to play it over n over again. Least with EQ you can make of it what you want. Pay that 60bucks for the PS3 game that COMPLETELY let you down and your totally screwed, no devs in ps3 to make the changes you want .
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Zentara like this.
  17. Milfurd Augur

So what if you get reduced experience in old zones. It doesn't take that long to get to 105. And it seems all the TDS quests give AA experience only. Seriously if your at 100 and your almost maxed AA and level so what's the big deal.
  18. Qest T. Silverclaw Augur

Well, I asked basically the same thing in several of these threads and never get any response. The reason is that it's simply the posters hopping on the bandwagon of posting that the sky is falling, and there really isn't much wrong with TDS. In fact, it's quite good.

Thus, I don't appreciate the smear campaign that hurts the game I enjoy.

15 years, and thousands of hours, and you'll throw it away over $36? LOL!
  19. segap Augur

I'm enjoying TDS as well. Except for the rigid progression crap. Yet I've seen a lot of people that enjoy the HAs. I think they were a great way for returning players or new alts to catch up. They're great for people that want to get an hours worth of play time and feel like they accomplished something. Overall, I think the way things were actually had a benefit for the overall health of the game. I think the crusade currently in place against them is a poor use of resources that will ultimately harm the game. Some changes have had unintended side effects. There are people supposedly quitting without even giving TDS a chance just based off the bad vibes of these changes (which is probably Qest's point about the impact of these threads). We've been through two rounds thus far and more tweaks are probably needed.

There are some glaring bugs in TDS. Things that were supposed to be fixed in the last patch are still broken. Maybe if the resources were concentrating on polishing TDS (not just coding time, but time spent in meetings, at lunch, taking breaks talking about it) rather than breaking things that didn't really cause a problem, everyone would be happier.

I could care less where people enjoy playing. I just want to see happy players continuing to pay, thus providing a sufficient revenue stream to keep the game alive.
    Qest T. Silverclaw likes this.
  20. Roshen Brand Manager