Longer release time on Phinigel?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by rovey, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I totally prefer the unlocking speed of the Phinigel Server & defintely don't want that to be changed.

There are definitely issues around raid flag/keying speed regarding the differences between live & Phinigel which need to be looked at in more depth to prevent unfair roadblocks in the faster progression rate of Phinigel so those will definitely need to be addressed from Underfoot onwards.
  2. Ryak Augur

It just worries me that we hear nothing at all on this.
  3. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

The devs don't have time to personally respond to every crackpot post. They are hopefully busy fixing the lev exploit in PoF.
    Potawatomi and Brumans like this.
  4. Raina Elder

ironic post is ironic
  5. Ryak Augur

I'm going to assume for the sake of my sanity that this is sarcastic.

In that case, how dare we expect the devs to begin a community discussion and make changes to underfoot and later expansions based on that discussion just because that's what they said they were going to do.

I'm normally the first person annoyed that people aren't always 100% polite to the devs that do post here, but them completely ignoring valid issues like this makes me wonder if they don't deserve some of that anger.
  6. Zapsos Augur

Just because they haven't responded doesn't mean they are ignoring the Issue, Underfoot is still far out and their job is not customer outreach, it is fixing / upgrading the game, I'm sure we will see something when we get closer, Underfoot is still over a year away on Phinny
    Dythan likes this.
  7. Ryak Augur

Why do people keep incorrectly saying underfoot is a year away? Underfoot is scheduled to be released in February of 2019. This is June of 2018.

There is not a year between June and February of sequential years.

In 2 months it will be less than 6 months away. That's 8 months from now, for those keeping score.

Source: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NLbUy1OwxF95ssDYTkFPMItVt2fzjd9shfKfDqaDFVU/edit?usp=sharing

The misinformation out there about how we need to start dealing with this now is astonishing. DBG needs a long lead time to make changes or they just won't make them. We can't wait for a month before release to discuss this.
  8. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I'm guessing that this year's xpac is going to be 90% of the dev focus from here on out. That comes out November ish. Then 100% of the next 2 months will be spent on fixing that xpac. So really only have 2 weeks to make the Feb test patch.
  9. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

NO - To longer unlocks.
    YES - To fixing artificial time gates put in to originally facilitate a timeline that is now irrelevant.

If the time gates are there to facilitate a year long expansion, then they need to be reduced to accommodate a 2 or 3 month unlock cycle. The other option is to extend unlocks to 4 months only to be in a slightly better situation, but having alienated a not insignificant percentage of the server that plays here, in a large part, due to the fast unlocks.

As was stated earlier, we already have a precedent to this in the form of increased Trak teeth. Rather than altering what many, including Daybreak, would consider to be a fundamental aspect of the server (Unlock Schedule), the clear path forward should be to increase the rate at which a guild can reasonably, and in a timely manner, PROGRESS (root word of progression, as in Progression Server) through an expansion.

This should in no way be misconstrued as a plea for full access to all expansion content day one of an unlock, but only the ability to achieve the goal of being able to complete the final raid of the expansion in what would be considered a reasonable amount of time.
  10. Ryak Augur

I mean obviously fixing the time gates properly is the ideal.

But are you really saying if the choice was not finishing expansions in era versus longer unlocks you'd take not finishing?
  11. Machentoo Augur

End of March according to the in game calendar.
  12. Ryak Augur

Fair, that's probably more accurate than my source, but March is still not even close to a year away.
  13. Machentoo Augur

Look, the devs don’t generally proactively make fixes to expansions that are still 4-5 expansions away. They just don’t. Expecting them to fix it now is absurd. It will not take six months to adjust the expansion length, or the number of flag drops. Those are simple database updates. Don’t blow your steam pushing hard for it now when we really will only need their attention on it in January.
  14. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

I am under the impression that even at 4 month unlocks we would still not be able to finish in era some of the post UF xpacs.

If you are suggesting we more than double the unlocks, then I disagree even more. I am arguing the fact that extending unlocks should not even be an option when the appropriate remedy is so clear. Fix the artificial time gates that are no longer needed. What you are attempting to do is suggest that only the two options you provide exist and that I should ignore the superior option. I refuse to do that.
  15. Nolrog Augur

Good God no. No no no, 1000x no.
  16. Ryak Augur

I don't expect them to FIX it now.

I expect them to spend 2 seconds acknowledging the issue and put it on the schedule now, so when they NEED to fix it their response isn't "sorry we would love to fix this but we don't have time :(."

If that happens, Underfoot will be fixed 2 patches too late, halfway through the next expansion.
  17. Snomie Elder

Well the devs are busy, remember that they did spend a bunch of time removing and expansion gating heal/mana regen potions after someone notified them that it was out of era back on Phinny before PoR.

Remember that thread? It was the one where some people were trying to convince devs that they should add more out of era drops/changes to make even more powerful out of era potions on Phinny and it just ended up in them screwing everyone else over with this ongoing potion removal/re-do.
  18. Ryak Augur

This is off-topic and not really appropriate to discuss in this thread, but there are many people (including the devs, obviously) who think taking a balance pass on distillates improved the game.