Longer expansion times

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Killians, May 21, 2020.

1. That0neguy Augur

Remind me again what forces you to miss that content by having faster unlocks?
  2. Killians Journeyman

Yeah man, I got the OK to kind of go brain dead on the game for 3 days from the wife...so that's what im gonna do lol
    Chuuk likes this.
  3. Killians Journeyman

I'd ask you the same question. What forces you to want faster unlocks itself? You get bored of the content? Why not just make 2 that have different set timers on unlocks? What does it bother you?
  4. Sturn Augur

Because on a six month unlock schedule, you can't progress to new expansion after three months. However, on a three month unlock schedule, you are free to stay in the previous expansion for as many months as you'd like.
  5. Nolrog Augur

6-8 months? Are you trying to come up with the worst possible server idea that no one would want to play on? Because if you are, well done. You succeeded.
  6. Killians Journeyman

Well that's kind of my point....Why do you even have to progress back? Get more items in the community at the same time. More naggy/vox drops on top of that.
  7. That0neguy Augur

One way stops people from playing the way they want to in order to enjoy the game. The other does not.
    Also quite a few assumptions that you make that I have any opinion on the unlock speed of this server. I guess good job deflecting and avoiding the question though.
    Killians likes this.
  8. Sturn Augur

What's your point? Your point does not appear to line up with the point I made. Maybe you can explain yourself better.
  9. Telora New Member

Except that it really does. If the server moves on to the next expansion most of the grouping options do too so you might as well be playing on live and save the subscription cost.

Not that I support longer unlocks mind you. I think faster xp with the normal unlock times does more to advance the causual play without having much effect on the people that already rush to max level.
    Killians likes this.
  10. Killians Journeyman

Not really man, because I agree with you. It's just a different opinion of looking at it. That's it
  11. Killians Journeyman

I would be all for what you said. It's not that im quite casual, but am at the same time. Speed the leveling up a bit so you have more time for raid content and all. I love this game and I love the content of the game. I've been playing it for years, I want to enjoy it again without taking my whole life away going evercrack status again.
  12. Pawtato Augur

Selos is a pretty cool ruleset, I would just tone back the unlocks. It'd be a pretty comfortable, casual server, call it Turgurs.
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  13. Sturn Augur

Doesn't that support the idea that unlocks don't need to be longer? If people really wanted more classic, wouldn't they choose it when given the choice?
    Killians likes this.
  14. Telora New Member

I love how you quote the first half but ignore the following line in the same position that says I don't support longer unlocks.
  15. Killians Journeyman

I don't disagree what you said about faster xp....but again, just my opinion here when i say this...It'd be a lot more fun to have more clears in naggy/vox/poh/pof/pos on a server. Get more gear out there instead of being stopped at the same time at lvl 52. Do the content for everyone not just some.
  16. Sturn Augur

Because that part was irrelevant to the point I was making. I never claimed or implied that you did.
  17. Mrjon3s Augur

You know you can do Naggy/Vox at lvl 60 with AoCs. Your raiding those zones even after classic because they have a lot of epic pieces. So you really do get 5+ months of raiding those zones already. As for Velious you raid that for 3 months then when luclin comes out you still raid velious because the loot is still good.
  18. Gremin Augur

Having done the 6 months(sometimes longer) on LJ/RF, I can tell you that you really dont want it that long. 4 months imo is the absolute longest I would enjoy. Hell, we did a year of PoP/LDoN, imagine that!
    Skuz and Killians like this.
  19. Killians Journeyman

One more month would be great. I still feel myself that 3 months was a bit too short, mabe 6 monts too much. One extra month myself I wouldn't mind
  20. Killians Journeyman

So you all know, this is an opinion post. I'd love to hear what others say about the +/- of doing an expansion of each expansion, whether it'd be 4 months or 6 months.