Long-forgotten Quests (Feb 15 Patch)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

The Realm of Pain is complete! Found the last item hiding in Howling Stones. I got the serverwide but I have no idea if there was a title because I have so many odd ones already it's hard to tell.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  2. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

I think there is the suffix "Kunark Archaeologist"
  3. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

So there is!

[IMG]
    Gyurika Godofwar and Prathun like this.
  4. snailish Augur

Nice work Bobbybick. Good luck to all the others trying to solve these.

Kudos to the dev team for "restoring" these. Hopefully more in-era quest items find uses in their era that are worthwhile.
  5. Imak Augur

Anyone locate the Splintered Wooden Staff ? Quest text indicates its 'from the jungle' -- have decimated both EJ and TT no luck thus far.
  6. Versifier Elder

Staff is from EJ, a raging gorilla dropped the one I looted.
  7. Orbital101 Augur

[Thu Feb 16 00:00:26 2017] Kuughrak Bonecrush says, 'What?! What do you want, Goblin? Can't you see that Kuughrak is busy?' Kuughrak pauses and glances around, as if lost or in deep thought for a moment, 'Well, Kuughrak would be busy if Kuughrak had knowledge of what to do, but Nureya finds it funny to keep Kuughrak waiting for so long. Maybe if Kuughrak had [assistant perhaps I could be of assistance?], waiting would not be so long.'

[Wed Feb 15 23:59:53 2017] Kuughrak Bonecrush narrows his eyes and snorts as he studies Goodurden, 'Fine, Kuughrak doesn't have the patience to argue with that. If you want to be of any use and not irritate Kuughrak further, you will bring me Elyrian's Journal and the Earthen Steel Hammer. Your first step will be to find Dajrool. Ask him about the journal. And bring him this note along with a Petrified Wooden Handle held by the forest giants. The goblin will know what to do -- and he will do it because he fears Kuughrak!'

[Wed Feb 15 23:49:42 2017] You say, 'Hail, Dajrool Waggletongue'

[Wed Feb 15 23:49:42 2017] Dajrool Waggletongue squints his left eye and chatters his teeth before speaking sharply in a high pitched, scratchy voice, 'What? What do you waaaaant, Dark Elf?! Hrm? I clearly see that all you provide is bit of... Hrm... nausea from hiiiideous face and that... rrreeepulive stench wafting about you! Go away before you make me ill... though it may be too late.' Dajrool curls his lip and smacks his tongue as if having a foul taste in his mouth.

Turned in the Petrified Wooden Handle and the note

[Wed Feb 15 23:49:50 2017] Dajrool Waggletongue reads the note, chattering his pointed teeth as he scans each line. He then utters an incomprehensible curse in his scratchy, high-pitched tenor before addressing Goodurden, 'Very well! You brought stiff woodstick needed for hammer! Here! Take hammer and go! And tell obtuse, clumsy, stupid Kuughrak to leave Dajrool alone!'

[Thu Feb 16 00:36:17 2017] You say, 'journal'

[Thu Feb 16 00:36:17 2017] Dajrool Waggletongue chatters his teeth for a moment and then his head, 'So what of it, Goblin? You want journal? Well... nothing in this world is given without payment. I tell you what, Goblin. You do [something for me:What can I do for you as payment?], yes? And I... I will give you journal.'

[Thu Feb 16 00:36:22 2017] You say, 'What can I do for you as payment?'

[Thu Feb 16 00:36:22 2017] Dajrool Waggletongue says, 'Aaah! Of course you will, if you want journal, Goblin. I ask only one thing... and that is that you bring me ornate bracer that sniffling, wretched sarnak... even more wretched and rrreeepulsive than you, Goblin, stole from me. You will find thieving, dragon-lizard where sarnak gather. I believe that... parents would call him Rusdai. Yes... Rusdai the thieving little whelp that took bracer. Go, Dark Elf. Bring me bracer and I give you journal... good as new.'

[Thu Feb 16 09:12:40 2017] Dajrool Waggletongue gives a hoarse, throaty chuckle and stashes the bracer in his taut loincloth, 'Good! Good, Dark Elf. Now, I keep my side of bargain. Here is journal. Oh... yes, there is one more thing I conveniently did not mention and that is journal is incomplete. Imbecile whelps in Nurga thought they could kill me... but they failed! You have journal... but missing pages there in Nurga still. Consider information courtesy for fine job in getting bracer. If you kill Nurga whelps, then good. If not, then fine... but go now! I cannot stand Dark Elf stench anymore.'

[Thu Feb 16 09:13:04 2017] You have fashioned the items together to create something new: Elyrian's Journal.

[Thu Feb 16 09:16:42 2017] Kuughrak Bonecrush says, 'Good! For such a puny Dark Elf you have done well. Well, puny compared to Kuughrak anyway! Now that I have the hammer and journal, I do not need Nureya as much. But we still need her magics. Here, Goodurden. Elyria's journal says that we need the Spectral Blade of Mist and the Rusty Mithril Sword. Give those blades to Nureya along with this note. She will know what to do next, and she will do it because she, like Dajrool, is afraid of the mighty Kuughrak!'

Looking for the Rusty Mithril Sword to progress atm
  8. Imak Augur

Darjool won't accept items from me, cons apprehensive. If I try to give him JUST the staff, I get the standard "you must turn in all items at once to complete this quest" messaging. Same if I try to give him JUST the note. Give him both items and he simply returns them without any dialog or messaging whatsoever. Saying 'journal' to him results in the typical crappy faction BAD BREATH response (at apprehensive). Using sneak to indifferent, I get the "you must show dedication to our cause before I can discuss such matters with you." Same when using charm/collaboration to amiable faction ... need more dedication to the cause.
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Has anyone found the Thin Strands of Golden Silk?
  10. YellowBelly Augur

Still looking here. I can confirm Trakanon does not drop it so can cross him off the list. I'm starting to think it involves another side quest line.
    Benito likes this.
  11. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Good info here. Will get this stuff updated and other quests created soon. Item collector is being worked on since something unexpected popped up in the patch, hopefully should have that fixed soon.
    Benito likes this.
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I have a theory that the Silver Silk and Gold Silk are supposed to correspond with the monk epic 1.0 KC Pipe and Chardok Pipe. Slaughtering Chardok for gold silk hasn't panned out.

I agree. It is likely a side quest. Looking at the results of the "Realm of Pain" quest's "Chant of Pain", gold silk should be easily available (likely Howling Stones drop). So it is also possible that it is simply not in the game.
  13. YellowBelly Augur

Could be a ts created item. The first thing I thought of when I saw the name was a tailored item.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  14. Jarith Lorekeeper

Ghost of Kindle in the Hole dropped it for us this morning. Could be all ghosts in the Hole, normal mobs didn't drop it at least.
  15. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Grats!

[Thu Feb 16 17:55:26 2017] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>:A long forgotten Ruins of Kunark quest offered by Zreksan has been completed for the first time. Please congratulate Goodurden on his accomplishment!
  16. AmIright? New Member

Screenshot or it didn't happen
  17. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

18. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Ghost of Kindle and 3 clears of ghosts, statues, and golems yielded no thin strands. They did drop "Gold lined heretic cloak" though. Do you play on TLP?
  19. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

20. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

Confirmed golden threads dropping in Hole, got it from a fallen heretic.