Long-forgotten Quests (Feb 15 Patch)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

"- Rumors abound that brave adventurers are needed in Kunark! Long-forgotten heroes in Cabilis, Overthere, and Firiona Vie are offering long-forgotten quests."

What are they? Any good rewards?
  2. Tadenea Augur

Found the one in Overthere
    Starts with Vitratul K'Reil
    Requires
    Scroll of Night
    Scroll of the Beguiler
    Scroll of the Invoker
    Scroll of the Conjuror

got 2 of 4 so far
  3. CrazyLarth Augur

4. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Fanra likes this.
  5. Drath New Member

Not sure if these are part of the new quests or not . . . however, they are both Classic / Kunark drops marked as quest - that have no known quest usage:

Selo's Drums of the March and McVaxius Horn of War classic instruments now have the Quest Flag.

in classic, they drop from Nagafen and vox raid encounters and in Kunark they drop from Talendor and Gore raid encounters.

Seen as they are both raid drops, it could lead to something nice as a reward. =)
  6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Has anyone found the Thin Strands of Golden Silk? :p
  7. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Added a page for another of the new quests I've found, The Realm of Pain. Who will finish this first!?
    Fanra likes this.
  8. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

9. Tadenea Augur

Scroll of the Invoker is a pain, last piece I need too killed about 40 of them no drops yet
  10. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I've wiped out every camp and zone in Kunark for the Thin Strands of Golden Silk except maybe the spirocs in Timorous Deep. Hope Dzarn can give a clever. hint :)
  11. YellowBelly Augur

I'm also looking for the golden silk. From what I've seen so far I'm thinking it's a drop from an old raid boss like Trak. I hope not but it's looking that way.
  12. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Spoiler Alert (not helpful though).

I killed all of the Veeshan's Peak dragons. Did not kill Chardok royals, VS, or Trak. I'd say Venril Sathir is a good chance unless you've killed him. I tried to reason "gold silk" as something prized in a mercantile city like City of Mist or Veksar. No luck in those cities. Could gold silk refer to Dreadland Yeti hair? I am starting to think that the gold silk is a result of a "side quest." Unfortunately, the dialogue gives no clues. The only reason people know about the "silver silk" is from a post on Allakhazam.

Edit: I am also thinking gold silk could drop in KC but is very very rare (like 1 in 10000 drop). Or, perhaps, a new mob that rarely spawns in KC holds the silk.

Edit 2: Could it be a forage/ground spawn? Could it be tradeskill? Yikes!
  13. YellowBelly Augur

Just cleared all 3 royals in Chardok. Nothing.
  14. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Unlikely but incase Dzarn or whoever worked on these quests trolls this thread.

Can you confirm whether or not "Fine Sheet of Black Ore" is available from The Temple of Droga in an un-revamped state? I have managed to get it to drop on live servers from the many named that pop due to the revamp but on current TLP servers I have not managed to find it by simply clearing trash mobs or the few named that do spawn.
  15. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Killed The Tangrin,

Island gorilla in Field of Bone,

Nothing.
  16. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

What is the hint he gives you for the gold silk step? as in, textually... all the other quests i have run gave at least a zone or mob type as clue...
  17. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

"The Realm of Pain" quest currently stuck looking for "Chant of Pain" item with the only hint as to where to look being:

"Should you wish to improve the staff further, return it to Zreksan along with the Chant of Pain, an item lost to our Order for some time.'"

Presumably this is somewhere you would find fallen Iksar monks but who knows!?
  18. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Drethall says, 'Ah, I see that Taluran has finally received some assistance after all these years of waiting. How fortunate for him, and the rest of us who wish to restore Adalora's legacy to our Order. Take this, [player's name], and return it to Taluran along with two additional items, Thin Strands of Silver Silk and Thin Strands of Golden Silk. Good luck to you, [player's name]. May the fates smile fondly upon your endeavor.'

**Player receives an item called "Repair Silver-veined Staff."
  19. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Looks like you are having the same problem that we are having with the Taluran-Drethall quest when the final dialogue gives zero clues. LOL.

Someone mentioned that Selo's Drums and McVaxius Horn are now marked Quest. Perhaps they place a role for "Chant of Pain"?
  20. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

I looted a Chant of Pain, but can't remember where... Either Charasis, Kaesora, Nurga or Chardok, in that order of probability going by where it ended in my bags.

@Bobbybick a Block of Black Ore drops in the Hole from some random golem i think. It's not marked as tradeskill though, same with the Dankglow Ivy that drops from the myconoids in sebilis, instead of the Dankglow Ivy Sap the quest asks for.

Edit: Nm, the myconoids do drop the dankglow uvy sap, so 2 items with similar names.