LoN Illusions

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by fastboy21, Jun 20, 2018.

1. fastboy21 Augur

I am making this post for the third time (first was several years ago, second was almost two years ago). I have been playing EQ since the beginning. I have also been playing on progression servers, each and every one, since they began.

I have asked MANY times now in the forums, at fanfaires when we had them, in the PMs with devs that we take a look at opening up the LoN illusions...yes, I understand that some of them give benefits that are out of era. yes, I understand that some of them give models that are out of era. I have previously compiled and posted the list of non-stat bonus illusions that have in era models (Kobold, goblin, brownie, etc.). My fanfaire reward mask sits dumbly in my /claim window making me feel like an idiot each time I see it.

Each and every time I have brought this up devs have told me that they would take a look at it. So far, it has never been addressed. I'm playing currently on Coirnav and would like to use the illusions that I won (by paying and playing in LoN). I would even pay for them to be unlocked. I have never gotten a negative answer. I have always been told by devs that it is probably a good idea to look at opening them up. And then, nothing.

I love EQ. I have taught countless people to play it. Please give me access to the totally non-stat illusions with appropriate models that I earned by playing your game.

Please take a look at this and help us out. I know that a number of us would really appreciate it.
  2. fastboy21 Augur

Just as a follow up, once again...after compiling this list years ago and sharing it with devs before:

Here is the list of the 10 LoN illusion items that only grant an illusion and no other effects whatsoever:

• Bracer of the Centaur Archer
    • Visage of Queen Pelzia
    • Visage of the Bixie Drone
    • Visage of the Brownie Noble
    • Visage of the Hooded Scrykin
    • Visage of Nillipus
    • Visage of King Gragnar
    • Mask of Nurga
    • Doll's Mask
    • Essence of the Banshee

I would also include in this the FanFaire illusion mask.

IMO, they are comparable to the fun stuff players can buy in the in-game store (like pet illusions, appearance augs, etc.) and only add some fun to the over-all experience without changing actual mechanics, etc.

The other 27 illusions/mounts available only through LoN have some stats on that clearly are out of era. The ones listed above belong in game for those who earned through loyal EQ play...please help.
  3. Dragonslayer Daboss New Member

heck I want them to let us claim items that are for Ornaments as well but they don't, I have no ideal why not its just a graphic/image nothing more
  4. Nolrog Augur

I am 100% in favor of all LoN items being added to the market place.
    Kudladar likes this.