LoN card game - what should I do before it closes down?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by NameAlreadyInUse, Jun 24, 2016.

1. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Basically, is there free stuff in there? I don't want to learn the game, especially now that it's about done. But if there are EQ loots to be had, could somebody post a quick list of steps that we should all do to log in and claim rewards in EQ?

Thanks!
  2. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

If you are all access, yes, there are potentially obtainable loot cards via a free allotment of packs per month as well as through gameplay scenarios.

Download the LoN standalone client.. log in as your usual all access login, go to collection manager / cards and right click them in your book to redeem.. Once redeemed you can open packs (Part of redeeming them is choosing which set the packs will be. The most recent set gave us 2 mounts, a potion pack with xp pots and a couple paintings this month.

As for game play

Umm I don't know. i've never actualy played it. if I was at the computer and had time to game, it was EQ...

/claimed a ton of free things through the years.

anyway.. Once you open packs and cards go to your collection, check loot tab in your book after you open them.. If you have a loot card, you have to redeem that. Redeeming it makes it available to /claim in Everquest.

Log back to EQ, type

/claim

Click the refresh button to update claimables.

The loot should then be in that window.

Be careful of what is Heirloom and what is not.

On this page:

https://www.legendsofnorrath.com/

If you click [Card Sets], the list of loot cards for each set is there.

Some few of the older loots are currently, or rotate in and out of, the Marketplace in game and discussion on forums seemed mostly about LoN loot rewards migratingto Marketplace in the future.
  3. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Thanks for the great answer, Joules_Bianchi!

I guess the next discussion would be about what are the best packs to choose when redeeming?

What about trading the loot in game?
  4. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Stuff you win by playing is more trade friendly, most of the free pack claims are notrade / Heirloom.

As for what's best.. umm I agonized over that pretty much every time I clicked redeem lol What account had what or needed what or what illusion fit what character (Siren's pretty weaksauce for a male HIE PAL y'know?)
    NameAlreadyInUse likes this.
  5. Kahlev Al-Calen Augur

As for what to claim, i would pick Travelers pack for the blue skelly merc set, the Dragons one for a few house items, and maybe Ratonga... The LoN website has a list of droppables you can get, but chance to get any at all is like 1 in 10 packs.

Other stuff you can do is play the few first scenarios that give potion packs. Most of them are easy enough to be won with the started sets without having to build new decks, and those potions always come in handy.

There was also a claimable item you could get from back when the Sony hack happened. I think it's around 1500hp gear (or level 90-ish?), so you should check if you have that available on your account.

Remember that for most items you will have to claim twice. First to select if you want the item for EQ1 o EQ2, then claim again so you can see it on the /claim window in your game of choice.
  6. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Oh I'll add

It has been said, though not by me, but it has often been said that the most recent releases tend to drop more mounts / Illusions.

I never said that, but .. As I was specifically looking for mounts, I went with that and got 2 out of 8 opened.

It has happened to me like that before as well...

I still never said it as .. well.. Me and the EQ RNG are... olllllllld friends lol.

Your Mileage May vary.
  7. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Just as a total afterthought...

I anyone knows anyone in the military who is currently deployed send em a head's up before it poofs....
  8. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Oh and the flying carpet was always pretty badass...I forget which set it was from

From the most recent set I got a Wrulon mount and a Nighmare mount, both are pretty cool looking
  9. Visitor Augur

Being All Access gets 5 free packs per month, but required that folk log in each month to the game to claim them. If some one has been AA for years and only now downloads LON to log in there will be only the starter packs and 5 for June plus 5 more in July, no idea if there will be free packs in August before the shutdown.