Login Problem: Account name issue?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Dizok Jester, Mar 11, 2020.

1. Dizok Jester New Member

I can login to my account with the launcher, but i cannot run eqgame.exe patchme and then log into the server.

I am logging into the forums here, just fine. But my shortcut to bypass the launcher works on all my pcs and all my other toons but this one.
    And it is the only one with a '-' in the station name.
  2. Kartharx New Member

Special characters would seem to be the root cause for this issue. I can log in with my accounts without special characters, but not the ones that have them.
    As the above poster, this is only an issue when using eqgame patchme, works fine with the launcher.
  3. Sputnik_Stan Journeyman

I am having the same problem ish.

I cannot log my main account in at all using patchme but can using the launcher this account has a Heroic charachter on it.
    My second account logs in fine with launcher and patchme and this also has a Heroic character on it.
    My third account logs in fine with launcher and patchme and has no Heroic characters on it.

Hope it gets fixed soon.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I think people mean a special character as in a '-' or similar in the station name. Heroic characters are not considered special and do not affect the station name.
  5. Sputnik_Stan Journeyman

Ahh I have one of those in my user name on the account that I cannot log in, so that may be the cause then.

Thank You
  6. Kartharx New Member

Can we please get someone to look at this issue?
  7. Yara_AB Augur

Dreamweaver posted on discord about this issue:
    So far we know that hypen or underscore cause issues (but you can login using launchpad).
  8. Duder Augur

Bridgette S.
    Today at 05:55

Good morning and thank you for the update. We simply are unable to provide support for issues that arise from playing the game in an unintended manner, just as we would be unable to help players attempt to play the game on unsupported hardware or operating systems. However, some people may suggest it as a troubleshooting measure. We're very sorry that we cannot provide support for issues that arise for playing the game without using the LaunchPad.

In regards to the issue at hand, thank you for taking the time to let us know. If you believe the issue you are experiencing is an issue with the game client or server, we must kindly advise submitting a bug report to the official forums to help out our teams.

In regards to changing the username, We're sorry to say this is not a service we provide and can only kindly advise creating a new account if you wish to use a different username. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience and understanding. If you experience any other issue, please feel welcome to reach out and let us know so we can check it out. Take care and have a nice weekend!
    Best regards,
    Bridgette S.
    Senior Technical Support
    Daybreak Games

Logging into Everquest is unintended?
  9. Yara_AB Augur

Seriously ... get CS folks who know the game ... *sorry*.
    I truly like those CS guys because they have been very helpful in the past and usually try to do the best they can.

But changing the login-system without paying attention to existing users is just bad.
    My account in question is scheduled to renew for another year in a couple of days - but if I cannot log it in anymore I will just walk away.

And sorry ... "unintended"? The "patchme" parameter is in for as long as the game exists. Unintended ... pah.
    If usernames with - or _ are not ok, they shouldn't have allowed their creation since 1999 first.
    Nadisia likes this.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

No, logging into EQ thru the patcher is unintended.

We need to use the patcher to get the necessary files. There are other possible issues for not using the patcher which have been brought up in these forums before.

This work around was discovered years ago and people used it to get past the patcher when it was broke. But the bypass has evolved to be something players use for whatever reason.

As has been proved many times in the past, just because someone did something for years in the game which was a bug does not make it supported or valid. Specifically when they change/correct/update the mechanics thru which that was done. Think locked doors and illusions, another 15 year old habit that everyone used and raised a huge fuss when they fixed it. We were basically taking advantage of a bug.
  11. Yara_AB Augur

feedback from discord:
    This is being looked into.