Log out of one zone then later log in - and up in a completely different zone

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Robb D, Oct 5, 2022.

1. Robb D New Member

I am sure this is a repeat but I did open a case with support and they sent me back to here. Anyways 2.5 year plus issue, I log out in one zone and (randomly) end up logging into another zone. Through the months I started to document if there was a trend. Focusing on the 3 most toons with the issue I have the following:
    Account: <censored>
    Character: Darwinsbain
    Log out (camp) - Sunrise Hills (Agnostic Liberation Front Village II, 103 Market Street)
    Log in - Stoneroot Falls (not all the time - seems random) Always the same zone.

Character: Moey
    Log out (camp) - Sunrise Hills (Agnostic Liberation Front Village II, 200 Vanward Heights)
    Log in - Icewell Keep (not all the time - seems random) Always the same zone.

Character: Phungus
    Log out (camp) - Sunrise Hills (Grey Hawke Village III, 105 Vanward Street)
    Log in - The Dead Hills (not all the time - seems random) Always the same zone.

If this a repeat - sorry - but I get no feedback blame support for passing the buck

Cheers
    Duder likes this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yes, there are many other posts about this issue. You could search thru the bug reports and find them but I think they are all closed

Hopefully you noticed the common factor in your documentation was the fact you are camping in Sunrise Hills or Guild Hall.

A dev has said in the past its due to how the zone spins up when you log back in when you camp out in Sunrise Hills or your Guild Hall. So that makes me think they probably wont be patching a fix after 10 years.

But the way to fix it is simple. Don't camp out in your Guild Hall or Sunrise Hills.

Guild Lobby is ok.
    Duder likes this.
  3. Duder Augur

As our resident and still champion litterbox friend mentioned, it is due to logging in instances such as Homes, Guildhalls, or neighborhoods. This is a protective feature so it is not likely to be received as a bug. Your only recourse is to stop logging out in instanced zones. Log out in the guild lobby and you should no longer have the problem. Good luck.
    CatsPaws likes this.