Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Saeadyan, Feb 14, 2015.

1. svann Augur

A growing problem is ddos attacks based on people having infected computers (aka botnet). Perhaps, as has been suggested with the measles vaccine, people should not be allowed on the internet unless they get virus protection. The people that get themselves infected are causing problems for everyone else.
  2. 98slowbra New Member

I am having the same issue, I get launch pad for a bit then the EQ screen and then is goes black
  3. Ratbo Peep Augur

4. Robert77777777 New Member

I get a new process showing when I try to start the game.
    Awesomium.exe runs but the game never starts. I could not even go straight to the SOE forum from my Google search of "Awesomium.exe Everquest" because it seems to be a big problem not just with EQ but also with a lot of games.
  5. Aghinem Augur

6. Meandoggreendog New Member

Glad to see it isn't just my game that is broken but......ok enough with the attacks already, let people play their games and have fun.
  7. Schaianne New Member

I know this is supposedly fixed but neither myself nor hubby can log in still. Again or lingering problems?
  8. Enkile New Member

Issue persist for me as well. I have tried to do work around and getting timeout error as well... also have tried to reinstall, and still getting error.
  9. sicofthis New Member

worked great fri night/ hell broke loss/ still having trouble launching says check network connec or vist soe web site getting real frustrated
  10. endlessly New Member

i haven't been able to log in to everquest since saturday please fix this soon i would like to play what i pay for thanks .....i have tried everything under the sun to get in.... i can log into EQ2 from the back door trick to bypass launcher but i cant do the same with EQ i even tried the DnS number thing and still nothing need help please....i hope you peeps are seeing that this issue still persists thanks again .."rant over"
  11. Miggmigg New Member

This IS still an issue. My client was not updated on friday on this computer, and it still cannot patch through launchpad. I can attempt to login by bypassing the launchpad, however since ive not gotten the patch, I cannot go past server select screen (test server)
  12. Miggmigg New Member

I can't be the only one still having this issue. I've even tried installing a fresh copy of EQ into a new folder, and it just gets to the launchpad, sits there for a few seconds, then the launchpad window goes to a black box, and never does anything else.
  13. Enkile New Member

Miggmigg that is my same issue as well. It looks as though i'm able to talk to the server but it's not talking back - i have an open ticket and it has been about 48hrs with no answer - @SOEHelp Ticket 150215-000750
  14. Schaianne New Member

I am STILL unable to launch via normal means, either. I have had to do that no patch work around in order to get in. C'mon guys, we were promised nothing would change with takeover ... doesn't look that way right now.
  15. Miggmigg New Member

I'm beginning to wonder if they even care.

I was all set to buy new expansion and go gold again. At this point, I don't think its worth my time.
  16. Enkile New Member

17. Schaianne New Member

18. Magga New Member

Tried this solution Drakang but unfortunately it didn't let me log on still

Magga
  19. Herf Augur

Yeah that's typical. Have a set of Forums and have a customer service rep that is apparently too clueless to use them. Maybe they can send up smoke signals next. If they can be bothered to do their jobs.
  20. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

To both Magga and Herf - this resolution is from 2015 when there were dos attacks and prob not relevant now especially with the fact that windows xp is no longer supported in EQ and many of the problems 4 years ago might have been XP based or old anti virus related.