Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Saeadyan, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Gruffish Elder

Ok, got in the game. Wish I had known about this earlier.
  2. shadowdad New Member

This worked for me i was getting the black screen after the launcher ...back in game now
  3. Reldar New Member

4. mossypelt Journeyman

This worked for me as well thank you. Although today's antics makes me want to go an hunt some Iksar.... I think I may just do that. :p
  5. Kenre Journeyman

I click the EQ Launchpad get it thinking then the Launchpad turns completely black before I can do anything.
  6. hairtoe New Member

its now 10:45 EST still black screen
  7. mossypelt Journeyman

Side note: Devs this information should really be cascaded to players. People need a way to bypast the launcher in times like these. This does show how weak having a centralised gaming launcher - one shot and your whole catalogue is out of action.
  8. mossypelt Journeyman

Guys you need to follow Drakang's link posted earlier to bypast the main launcher... it works if you follow it correctly.
  9. Sindaiann Augur

Bypassing the launcher is great, it gets you in game, but the current state of lag and inability to literally accomplish anything, including zoning, or speaking in universal chat services which continue to go down, makes it completely redundant. Don't bother yet folks
  10. Ziniktil New Member

Here at 10:24 CST, I was able to log in using the launcher.
  11. Questoften32 Augur

No it says I need patch gets me to quick connect this solution wont work, how do I get my patch? I mean I pay for the game so it should be OK to find some other way to get the patch if soe launcher is bugged and wont connect? I need the eq zip file or some old installer. Prob cause I did a system restore well multiple ones because of this.
  12. Nolnan New Member

I was just able to log in normally, might be worth trying.
  13. Questoften32 Augur

Yeah it works now, praise my dragon father!
  14. svann Augur

In game its really laggy too. It just took me like 5 min to switch spells using a saved spell lineup.
  15. Major_Death_01 New Member

Fixing the log in screen was only half the fix.
    Please fix the lag now. Game is unplayable.
  16. Agrippa Augur

Agree. I appreciate the workaround to log in, but what's the point when the servers are lagging so much that it's unplayable? I'm not saying that this was totally avoidable, but Sony administrators were given specific information about vulnerablities in their network. It's quite obvious that they didn't do anything with it. Here's hoping that Daybreak will have the sense to.
  17. Zaltak New Member

Same here I got a launcher update loader bar for awhile but then I can't get the game to load.
    Glad i'm not the only one.
  18. Questoften32 Augur

I got in for 10 min DCed on zone in and now cant even use the work around, black screen there too, if some person is doing this that someone should be ashamed, its just sick to this to the eq servers. Yeah big man...probobly takes pot shots at puppies too. or picked fights with five year olds in high school. I'm as mad as the cook on the monty python video. I hope its just random server stuff, I would hate to think anyone was that bored or depraved.
  19. Moonblossom New Member

Is this going to be fixed anytime soon? I'd love to be able to get past the black launcher screen.
  20. Grimji Lorekeeper

They laid off a bunch of people and you guys are surprised that now suddenly they are getting DDoS attacks and server issues?