Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Saeadyan, Feb 14, 2015.

1. Schizothymic New Member

Yep getting real sick of this. Still black screen whenever I launch eq maybe it will be back on before I have to leave for work.
  2. Questoften32 Augur

My, this makes me sad, I had things to do and NPC's to see. This is most distressing and unfortunate turn of events. Really it is. I, and and doubtlessly, many others were working on things. If it dose not come back it will ruin my day. Oh I know, poor me. Still...it would be nice for a bit of luck, and it coming back as right as rain.
  3. Ranndom_TheUndead Augur

4. Bionix New Member

Simple way around it, launch eqgame.exe instead of using the launcher. This worked for me.
  5. Questoften32 Augur

A batfile?
  6. Drakang Augur

7. Bionix New Member

*.exe is an executable not a .bat which is a batch file.
  8. Zorglub Journeyman

Please give us the command line )
  9. Bionix New Member

The eq launcher simply logs you in and gives you news etc then it starts eqgame.exe when you hit play, you are simply bypassing the launcher...
  10. Bionix New Member

I have mine installed in a different directory than default but I suspect is would be something like "c:\Program Files (x86)\Everquest\eqgame.exe" for default...
  11. Questoften32 Augur

it told me to please run launch pad, is there another launcher I can download?
  12. Bionix New Member

According to google, the default directory that EQ installs into is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\Everquest\" so if you want to launch if from command line or the run option it would be "C:\Program Files (x86)\Sony\Everquest\eqgame.exe"
  13. Drakang Augur

Magga, Riou, mossypelt and 1 other person like this.
  14. Bionix New Member

Download EQWin, it has a free 7 day trial and it will launch the game as well, OR follow the guide in the link that Drakang posted.
  15. Bionix New Member

Thanks for that guide Drakang, very helpful for the average computer user.
  16. Zorglub Journeyman

Thanks Drakang, it works perfectly ))
  17. Ranndom_TheUndead Augur

Since testeverquest.exe seems to be nonexistent in files these days...anyone know how to shortcut to it?
    I can get to live easy enough, just not test >_<
  18. Fistopower New Member

tried the work around, I see the servers, I am able to log in, then black screen.
  19. Questoften32 Augur

I downloaded spyware into my PC I think trying to get the old station launcher, it did not put it in there unfortunately I seem to have downloaded something and had to do a system restore. Got locked out of forums again till just now. Guess I cant play today, if I keep it up going to tear up my PC trying to log in
    Anyway I could get the old underfoot or escape to norrath launcher, is there a link?.
  20. Magga New Member

I am having the same issues, whats up with that, extremely disappointing, have never had this happen to me before.