Lockjaw Rotation Updated - 8/15/15

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Warrior007, Jul 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imdead Augur

As a side note, was Snar ever actually banned? I know MM got hit with the suspensions but Snar had unguilded and seemed to be posting here for days following the incident. *shrug*
  2. Zhutuak Augur

Ah now to celebrate my ignorance as I am familiar with the term but not the actual actions behind it. Since it involves ffa, I imagine it involves some unsavory method of getting the boss kill.

I am comparing rotation guild numbers to everyone else, not guilded vs non guilded.

I enjoy grouping, have an decent friends list, enjoy grabbing people out of no where and taking them along for the ride. I just do not want to have to depend on anyone else to get things done, especially when I do not have to what.

What I really enjoy is being able to do stuff for others. You would not believe the gratitude I get for going out of my way to rezz people multiple times, port, buff, auctioning off and making sure people get rots, etc.

What I do not care for and it comes with any game is that guild of people come to expect these things that I like to do when I choose to do them. There become expectations and guilt trips where there should be none.

Contrary to popular belief I am not trying to rock the boat, only point out it needs new definition. I was saying I think the ffa should be extended to other raid mobs, now I do not think so. It should just be sky through isle four and any other qualifying target.

Any idea should always be a work in progress. Since I started this proposal I have come to realize what may or may not work having had the discussions with all of you. It seems to me the idea is a great idea for the first four isles of sky.
  3. Zhutuak Augur

Like I have said before, I am not trying to get banned or cause any of you problems. I am trying to show you how your solutions cause others problems and that perhaps there is good middle ground.
  4. Imdead Augur

I was more just saying that maybe DBG isn't quite so quick on the bans as people fear they are, especially after the over-reaction to the MM situation.
    Simone likes this.
  5. Zhutuak Augur

So explain to me socking please and if possible give an example, thank you.
  6. Imdead Augur

I would say that's flawed. I would contend that those people guilded but not in the rotation chose so of their own volition and knowing they had no desire to raid or try and enter the rotation. Also, I would still contend that rotation guilds population far outweighs those that aren't in the rotation of the lvl 46+(eligible) population. At this point in the server and game there are 7 guilds on rotation and 5 guilds attempting to enter. I doubt there are many people that wish to join guilds and see content that are not getting that opportunity. Now as you stated I'm sure there are others with very viable reason as to why they do not wish to do that, but that is their choice and they are in the vast minority of the population.
  7. Azzudien Augur

Please stop feeding the troll so this conversation will end
    Imdead likes this.
  8. Imdead Augur

9. Darth Augur

Snar is a shaman in Faceless Insanity, I think you are referring to "Snubs" who was tagged <Modest Man> and broke the Sky rotation, before deguilding himself.

For the record Snar has done nothing wrong and always worn a <Faceless Insanity> tag on Lockjaw.
  10. Imdead Augur

Sorry, I mispoke
    Simone likes this.
  11. Zhutuak Augur

It would be nice if you explained it rather than took this position.

Wait, lol...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=poopsock
    I am confused how this is being used in a negative manner by one guild towards another in regards to ffa content.
  12. Zhutuak Augur

So let a vote decide, server wide. Give them options as to how the rotation should be handled, since it affects so many as you say.
  13. Darth Augur

This is why everything should be FFA all the time.
  14. Bandok Augur

"socking" references having a raid force sitting on a raid mob spawn for hours or days before it spawns, just to blow it up the moment it spawns.
    Simone likes this.
  15. Zhutuak Augur

So now that I understand what socking is, we can say for certain that this is not an issue that my proposal or any proposal for that matter can fix. It is inherent in the game design and is occurring at all levels of the game, not just with your ffa days.

Not one person has come up with a legitimate reason why this could not work, it was even said a similar way of doing it was done and worked before on another server.

Why not give it a try?.

Can not say I agree with you here.
  16. Simone Augur

It's the mob that spawns in Kael Drakkel that when killed spawns the Idol of Rallos Zek which subsequently can be killed to spawn the Avatar of War (arguably the hardest boss of the era). I know this encounter very well since our guild on Vulak'Aerr, Reload Ing Pleasewait, was the third gulid on the server to beat him. Our guild killed him multiple times and my role in those raids was as the lead cleric that organized and lead the CCH chains and in a couple of the later kills I was also the main tank on my warrior.

My point point is that the statue of Rallos Zek is much, much, much easier than the Avatar of War. So long as they keep the Statue of Rallos Zek slowed, I would not be surprised if it was possible for a single group to beat the Statue of Rallos Zek; however there is no way that same group would have any chance against the Avatar of War until several expansions later.

Zhutuak's argument is that anything that can be killed by one group should be FFA otherwise we're blocking "group" content and the rest of us are pointing out that killing azaracks trigger spawns the Protector of Sky; if that group has no intention and/or can't beat the protector of Sky then they shouldn't be touching the Azaracks as the Protector of Sky will despawn after an hour or so. It's the same with the Idol of Rallos Zek, if you trigger it but can't kill it then it will despawn and you will deprive the guild who's turn it was in rotation to actually kill that mob.
  17. Tudadar Augur

Like I said why shouldnt groups / mini raids kill statue? Idol is the mob groups should not kill by slowing it as it wastes AoW if they can't kill not statue.
  18. Simone Augur

Because as soon as they kill the statute. It will spawn Idol of Rallos Zek and if they don't kill idol of Rallos Zek it will despawn and cheat the guild that was up for that event in rotation out of their turn.
  19. Vaclav Augur

Unless my memory is failing me, Idol stays up indefinitely and only AoW of the cycle has a timer.

And usually my memory for EQ1 trivia doesn't fail me. [But I am getting old now - so maybe this is where my memory starts to fail me...]
    Tudadar likes this.
  20. Simone Augur

Hmm that might be. I know I've seen Avatar of war depop after a wipe but honestly don't think Idol ever stuck around enough on Vulak'Aerr to see if depop. Don't think anyone would want to find out the hard way lol.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.