Lockjaw Rotation Updated - 8/15/15

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Warrior007, Jul 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silvara Elder

You didn't do it to help anybody out except stave off the inevitable which is less FFA days. At the time 24 hours was proposed, it was all but settled on 4:1 FFA with 3 hour window and you were desperate to minimize that. The irony is the new rotation actually ensures everyone LESS raid targets for everyone because guilds could take close to the full 24 hours to kill a boss (out of spite in some cases), so you've managed to propose an idea that will (when played out) result in guilds having less gear going into Kunark.

I can't wait until enough people get fed up with your pathetic excuse for leadership and split off.
    Protocol likes this.
  2. chris_the_mage Augur

[IMG]
    Protocol likes this.
  3. Darth Augur

[IMG]
    Protocol likes this.
  4. Banuvan Augur

[IMG]
    Protocol likes this.
  5. Imdead Augur

The Irony here is that I would argue the 24 hour rule takes more kills away from Faceless than anyone else. I don't understand the argument that this is somehow Darth's master plan to dominate/control/destroy the server. If he really intended to try and minimize loot to other guilds he would have proposed something similar to TL's plan or the limited 2-3 hour windows that are prevalent in the other suggestions.
    Of the guilds on rotation, how many can actually mobilize enough to kill raid bosses outside of "prime" 3-4 hour raid time? If guild X is good enough to kill raid bosses but only has the 4 hour time frame in which they can mobilize and actually accomplish it then it yields a roughly 20 hour time frame for which their rotation mob would go FFA meaning they would only potentially receive 1 in 6 raid pops with 5 going FFA/Faceless(This would obviously not hold true in the short term but over a long enough time frame you would eventually have equal spread on boss pop's across all windows).
    This solution all but guarantee's mobs won't go FFA(to the detriment of Faceless) and that every guild will have the best opportunity to take down these raid targets. I think this is as close to a win for the whole server as your likely to get. If the slow down on boss kills becomes to much of a detriment to the server I'm sure Faceless would be happy to implement a 2-3 hour engagement window so they can kill bosses as 4 am to ensure the "server" has more engagement opportunities.
    Banuvan and Protocol like this.
  6. Protocol Dragon Defender

I for one am excited to see the many guilds which split off and enjoy their 24 hour time slots on the rotation! I foresee a two week line for each mob in your future!
  7. Fiyero Augur

Well, most of FI is pretty well decked out in gear, so I guess that sucks for you. Oh well, better luck in Kunark!
  8. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

I am like way behind on the LJ saga but dropped in on this last page and thought this was an interesting point worth replying to.

Your statement sounds good to me. A rotation is more than guaranteeing that you see content. A rotation is a guarantee that after waiting you will see content. So of course if there are FFA slots every rotation guild who doesn't care to accept that key element will say "well let's just dip out of that pocket to speed up our rotation."

Now, I realize it's a different dynamic over there. We have 3 guilds who enjoy FFA so there is a little more competition to be had and a few more votes to be cast.

I assume you only have 2 FFA guilds? The #1 and #2 guilds? And everyone else wants to rotate?
  9. Simone Augur

Every guild except Faceless was in favor of less FFA slots; the #2 and #3 guilds are the ones that were in favor of the least FFA slots by far. So really it's just one guild that seems to enjoy FFA on this server with the rest of guilds preferring there being more rotations.

I'm not really in a guild that can really make much use of the FFA slots but am not opposed to them being there. Some people like that kind of gameplay and I think it's important that they have a chance to play like that. On the other hand I don't really want a repeat of Vulak'Aerr where one guild gets 93.3% of the kills on any particular raid mob with all other guilds being effectively locked out of advancing and think rotations are necessary to prevent that.
  10. Protocol Dragon Defender

There was never a rotation on Vulak. It was drastically different. Despite that other guilds got like 30-40% of raid kills when they were competing.

AD and MM originally voted for 50% FFA. This has been a slippery slope.
  11. Weverley Augur

Faceless has grown at a fast pace when they merge with RoI before that we had a chance at mobilizing at the same speed as them but now unless its primetime US they outnumbered any other guilds on the server.To give you an example Vox spawn around noon last week on a FFA. They were past 60 within 10mins.Us since most of our people are at work at that time were only able to bring 20. So at certain time slot its not even competition it's a done deal.Just a question of numbers.
  12. Solkos Augur

These 24 hour rotations, as said above, only hurt the guilds that thrived on FFA targets. I ran the numbers and from the current rotation (that is going away now) where Prime-time guilds can only take down the target in their prime time, they are only getting 1/3 of their own rotation kills.
    All said and done, they were only getting an average of less than 0.6 boss kills per week and that is under the assumption that they have inny/ct/vox/naggy all unlocked.
    Under the current rotation, they are going to be getting 1.74 kills/week. I made several assumptions to come up with these numbers like assuming bosses are going to be killed within 12 hours of their spawn timer but the number is sound.
    The guild(s) that thrived on FFA targets just got the number of targets they will get slashed by almost 1/3 mostly because of the spawn timers getting dragged out and the FFA ratio going down.

I gave Darth these numbers way ahead of time and he understood that the 24 hour kill timer hurt us but he also understood that the 24 hour kill timer helped the folks that just want to experience these targets.

If anyone has any pull with DBG, they should suggest that with rotations now, DBG should make spawn timers based on the last spawn of the creatures instead of the kill time of it. That way it wouldn't matter at all if one guild took 2 hours to kill it or 22 hours. No matter what it wouldn't delay the spawn of the next mob.
    This kind of update would benefit ragefire's mess of a rotation too.

P.S.
    I must say I am a bit disappointed with how much good dragon loot was up for sale this weekend. I saw 3 dragon items up for sale. A Bladestopper, a White Dragonscale Cloak, and a Tash globe. For those of you that are accusing Darth of making money off of this game, have you seen these items sold on this server by Faceless ever? It isn't allowed and will never be. If someone sold an item that was awarded to them, it would be grounds for removal. The only items that I know were sold by faceless were the Rogue spears off of Vox which our bank was overflowing with because there are just not enough rogues to sponge them up.
  13. Jezzie Augur

Guilds on Vulak gave up on the "competition". Many of EoE's kills went uncontested due to the tactics/drama that ran players off the server/game.
    FFA is cool if the odds are stacked in your favor, but why is a lesser guild going to waste it's time showing up for FFA?

"30-40% of raid kills went to other guilds when they were competing."
    There may have been some competition before EoE got established but there was no competition after that. People didn't want to compete with EoE, you couldn't call it competition because you didn't have another guild that wanted to dps race against EoE. You can't have competition without 2 parties agreeing to the format.
    How many times did Fearless engage a mob after EoE had already engaged?
    Most of their mobs went uncontested due to the fact that you couldn't round up another players on the server that enjoyed the tactics/drama involved with raiding on Vulak.
    That said, Lockjaw isn't Vulak. Faceless could of pulled an EoE but they didn't, and as somebody that's interested in playing on a server that hopefully can maintain a healthy population for years to come, I applaud the conduct of the top guilds on this server toward lesser guilds.
    If the #1 and #2 guilds can just figure out their differences I see a bright future ahead for Lockjaw.

On the FFA, if Faceless are winning 100% of them then just award the top guild more mobs in the rotation, they've earned it, they didn't lock the server down when they were fully capable of doing so.
    Simone and Solkos like this.
  14. Solkos Augur

On this kill,
    Did you have in the guild MOTD something similar to:
    Vox window opens at XXXXX Time!!! Bind in or near Permafrost AND BE READY for a Batphone!!!

Did you guys even batphone? Are 95% of your guild members on your batphone even? If none of these are true, it is no surprise you had 20 when Faceless had 60. It's a matter of effort and not who has a job and who doesn't. Isn't noon almost prime time for AD's oceanic group of folks? Before server transfers AD had the potential to field a 50-70+ person raid at Noon. What happened to this? You can't blame this on RoI coming to the server.
    We have plenty of people that can log in from work or people that work from home and are retired. I work also and can't show up to raids during my work time. It is what it is.
  15. Fiyero Augur

Uh, AD has way more than Faceless including 2 different time zones.
  16. Solkos Augur

17. Simone Augur

Other guilds did compete with EoE. LoGA would go for Emperor Ssraezsha and EoE would come in and KS them. EoE got 14 of the 15 Emperor Ssraezsha kills in era for a total of 93.3% which also allowed them to get 100% of the Vex Thal kills. That wasn't good for the server and is exactly why the server is the abandoned ghost town it is today.

I can't remember the numbers on Kunark and Velious mobs but I'm pretty sure they got over 70% of the kills on those in era as well. They definitely got it for Trakanon and Veeshan's Peak. They had a monopoly on Veeshan's Peak for a good chunk of time. When another guild finally had a smallish raid force keyed for the zone; EoE just KSed them with their larger keyed up force.

What happened on Vulak'Aerr is a shinning example of why rotations are a good thing and was probably a factor in why rotations are being made mandatory on the progression servers this time around.

I was just lucky enough to have crappy play times that put me in a guild that didn't have to deal with the drama that went on during prime time. So our guild was able to raid in peace without anyone really bothering us otherwise we probably wouldn't have stuck it out as long as we did.
  18. Protocol Dragon Defender

Simone, you know I'm the guild leader of the guild in that video, and that you just linked it from my old youtube account? I came into this server with Faceless with the exact goal of getting to the top and creating a rotation so that we wouldn't have to see another Vulak. That's why we had rotations on this server from the second week, long before DBG created these nebulous mandatory rotations.

Also note that "ksing" was against the rules on Fippy/Vulak, unfortunately that is no longer the case here.
  19. Fiyero Augur

Wow Zaide. That video... Funny how that EoE KS running up behind after engage looks so familiar to here...
  20. Darth Augur

I went into the rotation talks with two goals.

Keep the existing rotation if a majority was happy.

Switch to a competitive rotation with a casual rotation inside it for guilds that couldn't compete in this era due to real life or a non-desire to play that style.

I figured that since before the last round of mob changes the average spawn rate was 72 hours, that allotting 50% of the current 36 hour respawn to a rotation would be enough. Since that simulated what a no ffa rotation would have looked like a few weeks ago.

Most of the guilds that consider themselves casual were interested in this rotation, as it gave them 24 hour windows to kill their targets.

Inside this rotation talks it became clear that certain guilds didn't care about either the top guild, or the true casual guild. That their choices and suggestions only benefited them, and the not the majority of the server. The only reason my proposal didn't win, was because the guilds leaning toward it had to hear two guilds declare things like "We want no FFA targets." or "We want 7 to 1 on FFA, and tons of rules on that FFA so that we can do them." They wanted 3 hour engage windows to "Make the rotation move faster so we get more spawns before Kunark." Everyone else saw this as "We want smaller guilds that won't log in at 4am to lose their mobs to Faceless Insanity so they're the bad guys."

The facts are simple.

I went into these rotations with the intent of making sure every guild that NEEDS a rotation to see in era content, had the ability to actually see the content.

I went into these rotations with the intent to set up a rotation that still allows for there to actually be a top guild, for there to actually exist a reason to strive to be the top guild. And, to set up a way for a guild to actually try and be a top guild.

There is no number 2 or 3 guild on this server. If there is, it's Magicus and The Free Masons. It sure isn't the guilds crying for zero FFA and 7 to 1 and all these FFA restriction rules.

Do you want to hear the rotation meetings? <Modest Man> recorded the entire thing. Please I invite everyone to ask them to post it up and have a listen. I'm easily identifiable. I'm the guy that sounds like a Kentucky Hillbilly (Howdy Ya'll), trying to pass 24 hour windows to help all guilds that need a rotation. You'll spot the guys pushing self serving interests only real quick.

Regardless, always remember....

Faceless cares <3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.