Lockjaw - One major rotation flaw that needs to be addressed

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by AlmarsGuides, Oct 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlmarsGuides Augur

TL;DR Help me help you help yourself by making the rotation public

Dupre isn't allowing people access not on the rotation so they're unable to see which mobs are FFA and therefore can't leave their home towns without being scolded by half the server.

Math is not hard to guess a rotation mob's spawn time. We have these things called logs which use a program called Gamparse. You leave a character logged on 24/7 and read these logs and then do a very simple bit of math.

[Sat Oct 03 22:36:14 2015] <SYSTEMWIDE_MESSAGE>: Lord Nagafen has been defeated by a group of hardy adventurers! Please join us in congratulating Darth along with everyone else who participated in this achievement!

Oh look naggy was killed sat oct 3rd. So that means 24hr +20hr window. Wouldn't have figured that out without the rotation document.

Though what someone is definitely unable to do is figure out when they can kill a mob that is FFA that will not cause any drama and not interfere with ANY guild. Also this allows them to plan going up to Sky much better because they know ok Guild A today is a PST raid guild, tomorrow is a PST raid guild as well. If I go up at 4am EST - no one will lose mobs.

Make the rotation view able by all or I am unable to follow it, it's as simple as that. How am I supposed to use and obey something I am unable to see?

I understand everyone's point on the rotation. This is a different matter entirely. This is for people who wan't to do the right thing, want to follow the rotation but are unable to because you're keeping the spreadsheet coveted amongst yourselves.

This is information THAT NEEDS to be opensource to succeed.

Failure to do so is going to lead to further rotation breaks from me and I look forward to being the largest thorn in your rotation's side since Toxn to the guilds on Fippy.

With regards,
    Almar
    Croak likes this.
  2. Endtime Elder

Do what you want. MM are not the only guild doing what ever they want with other guilds rotation days.
  3. Simone Augur

I would actually recommend that you contact Dupre directly. Either by tell or in-game email. Dupre rarely reads the forums so it's unlikely he'll see your post here so contacting him directly in game is going to be the fastest way for you to resolve this issue.
    Protocol likes this.
  4. Lee81 Augur

Just an FYI - the rotation is officially dead. The competition will become fierce. We'll be ready for spawns at all hours of the day. You need a team ready to tackle raid mobs at all hours of the day. This is where the server is moving towards.
  5. Weregild New Member

Funny, I've not seen any non rotation guilds get any kills lately.
    Simone likes this.
  6. RadarX Augur

While concern over rotation is understandable, the policy going forward is these are no longer enforced. Attacks against players or guilds, including accusations, aren't something we're going to allow.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.