[Lockjaw] Head count, how many of you...

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Cylense, Oct 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cylense New Member

Have stopped playing as much or all together since the rotation on LJ ended?

Before the fan boys get all over this and start to tell me this game isnt for me and dont let the door hit me in the on the way out, understand Im not here to or moan. I simply want see the effect it has had, Im not trying to take away your precious non-instanced pixels. Hell I myself am/was a member of FI and the number of targets they are taking down on a daily basis is staggering, laughable almost. I cant help but wounder if this is really what DBG meant for when they increased the spawn rate of end bosses.
    lockjaws likes this.
  2. Simone Augur

Far as I can tell no one in my guild has quit logging in since the rotation ended. So Peace of Formosa EX seems unaffected by it, membership wise.
  3. Thorak1234 Lorekeeper

Since the rotation ended, my guild was destroyed. Half my guild splintered and formed another guild to try and compete with FI. The other half had to merge with another guild. Now, we can no longer raid on LJ. There is no longer any hope to raid within-era. Maybe we can raid 3 expansions old and pick up the crumbs that FI leaves behind. I am debating whether it is even worth playing anymore.

I will be re-rolling on no-box/instance server if they do instancing right.

Congrats FI, you won EQ. The server is all yours. Hope you don't feel too lonely 6 months from now when everybody has left.
    Alphont and lockjaws like this.
  4. Dreamcoil Journeyman

OP seems like a troll.
  5. lockjaws Augur

Guilds merging, many others have stopped logging in.... yep. =/
  6. Cylense New Member

lol... why?
  7. Cylense New Member

Sorry to hear that Thorak, I honestly didnt think the rotation ending would have the affect it did on guilds. I was surprised the exodus that was seen not only in guilds like AD, but in others. My phone bangs off the batphone alarm all the time now and I kinda just roll my eyes the the absurd amount of targets we are contesting for. I think I'd rather see guild prove how few of players they can take a mob down with then how many they can claim at this point. I never EVER thought I would be for instancing.. but I now understand why its so common place in todays MMO's. If thats the vision for these servers though, so be it. Im totally down with people having fun the way they want to.. but from someone who played way back in the day.. you cant tell me this is how the game was, it wasnt even close.
  8. Cylense New Member

Great to hear Simone, its nice to see some of the guilds persevere through it for the time being. I think if a person can wrap their head around just being behind an expac or so, its easier to handle.
  9. Simone Augur

Eh, that's almost exactly what we did on Vulak'Aerr. We raid early in the mornings so just kill what targets were up and were kind of like a half an expansion behind.
  10. Syrup Augur

Absolving the rotation brought me back to the TLP's

Now that targets aren't handed out, there is a reason to log in
  11. bodes Augur

A tumultuous classic period is good for weeding out the people who are just going to quit at the first sign of the inevitable rotation drama, like Thorack1234 up there
  12. Thorak1234 Lorekeeper

I'm glad somebody is rejoicing at the misfortune of others. Too many fans boys to have a serious discussion on these forums. I get it. EQ is a hardcore game and filthy casuals don't belong. If you cared at all about the long term longevity of the server you wouldn't be saying this.
    Punchu and Sequins like this.
  13. Finley Augur

Daybreak's #1 goal should absolutely be to weed out paying customers sooner rather than later :eek:
    toddv and Sequins like this.
  14. Sequins New Member

Well I actually had no idea the guilds that formed on Lockjaw have been playing the whole time on other servers. So, that makes sense how things ended up. Some are here to try and be #1 at something and will move on when something new comes out to try and rush. I think the rest, including the countless people who quit months ago were the ones who came back for nostalgia. Of course they left, this is nothing like classic (my server anyway!). The server does have an eerie silence now. Most of the time the only chatting in general is just people trying to sell. If people want to be kings of a graveyard, let them. Once they run out of krono, it'll be difficult to keep those mage armies going.
  15. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

Country clubs and bars do this.
  16. Cylense New Member

I can totally understand this, I saw it happen. The idea of racing people caused others to start logging back in again.
  17. Lee81 Augur

Yeah, Daybreak is so wealthy. Who needs a higher revenue stream? Just weed those people out because they're unimportant. We have enough players. This game is soaring. We have millions of player subscriptions. We can do without a thousand or so. Just cater to the top % and call it a day. Their bottom line is padded anyways. Like seriously, we're winning!
    frankie78227 and Sequins like this.
  18. Vaclav Augur

For higher paying customers. Not ones that are paying equal or less, like this comparison.
  19. TL_KRONOLORD Augur

For higher paying customers? What does that mean?
  20. Cylense New Member

ya thats truly the sad part isn't it? These servers always nose dive at some point, this one seems to be doing it a bit quicker then the rest I have been involved on. Truthfully, the idea of "Competing" or being the "best" makes me laugh.

Not just because the content is so old, but because Lockjaw is an amalgamation of guilds that didnt want to compete with TL. Yet those same people are now calling others "filthy casuals" because they dont want to compete with FI lol. Im sorry, but if you are on LJ, at best you are second place, the moment you moved to this server it was signed sealed and dated. This isnt directed at any one person or guild in particular, the hypocrisy of it though just seems to be lost. If you are an elite raiding guild, you are here because you couldnt hack it on RF.
    Zurd and Punchu like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.