Lockjaw - DoN dead; Barrier Weakening etc.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Silinius, Aug 21, 2018.

1. Silinius Augur

Congrats to my guild mates of Faceless Insanity on killing stuff and getting faction and killing more stuff (rinse and repeat etc etc) 3 months till DoDH!

Edit: Guess I should note, we had 32 characters (2 boxes) on Yar/Vish. Fun fights!

Cheers,
    Adrienna and Drelik like this.
  2. phattoni Augur

seems noone cares but you, grats on being in competition with noone.
  3. Febb Augur

It seems you care enough to post on their thread. Thanks for caring!
  4. Ryak Augur

Grats! Having 32 people is going to be interesting going into the next couple expansions. Hope you don't lose too many in PoR. There's something about that expansion...
    Silinius likes this.
  5. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Lockjaw - DoN Dead; Barrier to merger with Ragefire Weakening etc.

Updated title based on evidence: top guild having 32 raiders.
  6. Whipper Journeyman

Not exactly what I would call "caring" but ok. I never understood people that stay behind on say Ragefire, Lockjaw, etc it becomes a tiny sandbox with a few hundred players at most...but if people enjoy that, then more power to them, people enjoy playing all different ways.
  7. Bewts Augur

The avenue to merge LJ and RF has been open for over a year now, ever since LJ caught RF by clearing PoP in the same release window for GoD. The current LJ population cannot help DBG beyond keeping pace with RF so as to keep the remote possibility the company would in fact merge two closely related TLP servers with dwindling populations.

As for “staying behind” that is a matter of perspective because starting over on another TLP destined to stall is not a palatable option for many server residents. Many did leave for Agnarr or Phinny but there are “restrictions” beyond just a time investment such as how we are allowed to playthe game. While I was playing, I preferred to box. Jumping through hurdles or risking suspensions to play with boxes is something I think much of the current company do not wish to do. Admittedly, the boxing preference is not for everyone, but it is a critical consideration.

Instanced content is fairly moot as a selling point given the current progression as well.

There’s also a very solid, reasonable and skilled leadership core (Sorry for the insults Bapt!) Anyone visiting these forums can see guilds collapse and drama unfold on more popular servers. There’s something to be said for a consistent and reliable raiding environment to participate in - even with some strong personalities things tend to work out.

I mean if you want to measure skill or really just success and access to pixels - I think the only time since Kunark I observed a complete wipe was never. We did wrestle with Vyemm once and Rathe a few times from bugs but I don’t recall a single wipe from Kunark, Velious, Luclin, PoP, GoD or OoW. While gear certainly is a factor (OoW went down faster than Silinus for a dollar), there’s plenty of opportunity in all those raids for wipes over years of raiding it. Sure speaks to a productive pixel farming experience while it lasts, no? Not to say this isn’t occurring on other servers but pixels flow to gear 2 or 3 toons in T1 raid gear. Why leave with that type of access?
    Adrienna likes this.
  8. Silinius Augur

Yeah, we are keenly aware that having a "lean roster" is going to present significant challenges. We started at 2pm PT with around 42 in total but lost 10 or so due to other commitments before Yarl/Vish. It is what it is. We generally have 2-3 applicants at any given time but attrition is the name of the game at this point. I'm just happy that we still have a roster of 15-20 long term members from the Velious/Luclin era who've stuck it out!

As far as staying on a server, Bewts summed it up nicely. We've been preaching about a merger (or a long term server release such as "FV loot rules" which has a proven history of success) as being something that would save the population of Lockjaw and maintain interest for our many "Type A Personality Loot " in the long term. It seems the only way that it "might" happen or that they might open up transfers from Ragefire TO Lockjaw is if for some reason, Ragefire cannot unlock the vote within the same vote cycle and we end up pulling ahead. Interestingly enough, I've seen recruitment messages for "new guilds" that have rerolled from Agnarr… maybe there is hope yet!
    Adrienna likes this.
  9. jeskola pheerie

Lockjaw is still the best server where you can play 2 accounts on one computer
    Adrienna, Drelik and Kevron like this.
  10. taliefer Augur

kind of disappointing to see DBG make the same mistake with rage and lock that they did with fippy and vulak.
    Ryak likes this.
  11. Drelik Lorekeeper

Grats FI, nice accomplishment. DHS will leisurely get there in a few weeks...
  12. Drelik Lorekeeper

Its all about who you play this game with...on Lockjaw the 4 raiding guilds have gotten to a point that we are not in one another hair and just enjoying the game and our guildmates.
    Adrienna likes this.
  13. Foaming I Drank Bleach IRL Once

Congrats FI. Great bunch of people, and hopefully this will cause a few fresh folks to goto LJ.
  14. Protocol Dragon Defender

Grats big Sil. Glad to see some of the old members like Nollen, Lexi, Jav and co from classic still there in the screenshots. Equally happy to see some of those Agnarr names showing up.
  15. Machentoo Augur

It takes more than the avenue being open. Historically, Vulak players had to beg for about three years before it got done, and by the time it was actually accomplished, there were only two guilds left on the server, both heavily reliant on M Q to even maintain current content.

Attrition usually only goes one direction.
  16. jeskola pheerie

By the time Vulak was merged into Fippy, Citizen had pretty much called it quits. That (botched) merger was just a test of a new merge algorithm.
  17. Machentoo Augur

Yeah--but they did allow transfers well before that, which was effectively the same thing, and what I was referring to even though I said merge. Still way too late.
  18. Discord Ocean of Tears Conservationist

Correct.
  19. Yawgmoth. Journeyman

discord ur app is still denied btw
  20. Discord Ocean of Tears Conservationist