Locked out zones ToV

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dwimmerlaike, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Dwimmerlaike Elder

How much of the new xpac is going to be locked out? When I pay for an expansion with 6 zones, I only want to be able to use 1. I think it is a waste to have unlocked zones where people can actually enjoy them.
  2. Nniki Augur

Only the floors within Tower of Frozen Shadow require keys currently.
  3. Ghubuk Augur

Well, they just went and locked all zones except the first one now. Apparently someone asked that they be locked.
  4. Smokezz The Bane Crew

You have to do all of the progression starting in House of Thule forward to access ToV.
    Svann2, Proximoe, Jondalar and 7 others like this.
  5. Zamiam Augur

is this a joke ? or did they really lock all zones in ToV ? if so I wont be buying expansion this year ..
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Joke. Don't get it but its a joke.
  7. Ghubuk Augur

Was meant as a joking reply to the op's obviously snide post.
  8. code-zero Augur

I’m pretty sure that they are serious
  9. Ghubuk Augur

which part?
    Where they say quote When I pay for an expansion with 6 zones, I only want to be able to use 1. unquote
    or
    Where they say quote I think it is a waste to have unlocked zones where people can actually enjoy them. unquote ??
  10. Cicelee Augur

I heard that TOV raids are locked behind family progression. You have to go on quests to the mall and/or Amazon and obtain gifts, which you then give to your NPC parents, relatives and children.

You then have to go through walls of text in order to obtain the phrase to request raids. I am not sure how much wall of text there is, but I believe it is 30 days or so worth of conversing with your RL NPC's...

And if you are a husband/father like myself, make sure your skills are all maxed out. Especially the begging skill. You will need that for some NPC spouses and children.
    Elyssanda and Ngreth Thergn like this.
  11. Mediik Augur

I’m so confused...
  12. Laronk Augur

They're trolling the OP,

TOV has no locked zones, you can go where ever you want except TOFS does have keys similar to the current TOFS zone from velious but you can zone in on day one.
  13. Dwimmerlaike Elder

Call it trolling, call it what you want. Daybreak thought having all but 1 zone (and Stratos was lame) locked out was a great idea for their customers why shouldn't I think they'd continue with it? So the OP was kind of snarky on my part, but my curiosity is sincere: How much of this XPAC is locked out? Nothing more than ToFS which is fine. I had no complaints about the new VP being locked out, but many on TBL.
  14. Dagum Elder

The locked out zones so far are the ToFS zones. You can get to floor 1 without a key; however, 1 person in the group needs a key to go to any future level. Just like the original zone.
  15. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Actually, I figured the OP was just a troll post. The devs already posted that progression in TBL wasn't received well and they weren't going to do it again.
    Bigstomp and Yinla like this.
  16. BadPallyGuildLeader Augur

Too many sheet post... if I were daybreak community dude, I'd step in and snuff out the trollishness.... I mean no one will buy another restrictive, progression limited, false difficulty via trials, get 1 zone at rollout, expansion.
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I dunno I thought the OP simply hasn't done beta, done much in the forums and just wanted to know. Maybe the post was a bit dramatic but we never see that on the forums at all. :)
    Ratbo Peep, Duder and Zamiam like this.
  18. Laronk Augur

There will be locked zones again in the future I think but they'll do it better. TBL had a terrible entry zone and it was only one zone and the unlock method was clunky where you had to beat smoke everytime your lockout was done.
    Ratbo Peep and Elyssanda like this.
  19. Smokezz The Bane Crew

I'm sure there will... but not a single entry zone and the rest locked. That was a really bad idea.
    Bigstomp, Duder, Elyssanda and 2 others like this.
  20. Scorrpio Augur

Well PoP was rather well received and most of its zones were locked. (15 locked, 4 open if one does not count Knowledge/Tranquility. I mould say majority of players never saw elemental planes in-era. And TBL is kinda a successor of PoP.
    Elyssanda likes this.