"Locked" LoN Loot Cards - a suggestion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Droctrebor, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Droctrebor Journeyman

I might get reemed for this since it relates to the Marketplace and putting another item up for sale on it......but maybe not. First off, let me say I am not a big Marketplace consumer. With that being said, I have a suggestion for the Devs. It is my understanding that the loot cards in the "freebie" LoN packs are all locked and are no trade. I am assuming this is because SOE does not want people selling things that were given to them for free basically.

I have a ton of loot cards that will never be used by myself. Nor can any of these be sold or given to anyone else that would want them.

In the marketplace we have items for purchase such as merc slots, character slots, expedient vouchers etc.... all kinds of stuff. Would it be such a bad idea to place vouchers in the Marketplace that would unlock these loot cards ?

This is only a suggestion. I don't know if this would have an adverse effect on those that actively participate in the LoN card game. Of course, it isn't my intent to suggest something that would negatively effect other players in the game. However, if there is no harm no foul to anyone else, what would the harm be in this ? If you wanted them unlocked, you buy unlockers, if you don't, then you don't, as simple as that.

***EDIT- Or even possibly placing them on the Loyalty vendor since this is basically how we are getting the free packs anyway ?

Any thoughts on this out there ?

Regards,
    Droc
  2. Ishtass Augur

They want users to spend way too much money buying lon packs to get these chance items.
  3. Tegila Augur

and it's fully legal to sell loot cards so if htey put an unlocker in for say 10bucks for 1 loot card someone could get something worth hundreds of dollars then sell it with a $10 deduction in profit. there are many many items ive gotten on accounts i cant use them on taht sell on average for 150bucks and some sell up to 650 i've seen, this won't happen.
  4. EQbud Augur

I understand why they want the free cards to not be tradable, but it would be nice if you could transfer packs/cards between your own accounts.

I have 2 EQ accounts, and by default 2 LoN accounts. On my primary account there are several loot cards that I keep hoping to get from the boosters or via trading. Since my secondary account is just my trader and some mules, I have no need for any of the fun LoN toys there. I don't even open the free packs on the 2nd account because I can just imagine how crappy it would feel to get something I actually wanted, but be unable to use it.
  5. Kelefane Augur

They need to take the lock off of them. And just let us trade them. LoN in general is becoming old hat anyway.
  6. Jonny Panic Augur

I have a metric buttload (to use European measurements) of cards I will never use, period. The only reason I open packs is for loot cards. Nowadays, I mostly just open them for Oathbreaker loot cards, since Oathbreaker has the best odds of xp pots and no stupid housing garbage.

I'm yet to open a pack of M:tG and been forced somehow to keep anything I've gotten from the pack. Seriously, this has just plain never happened. I've never opened a pack and had a representative of Hasbro run up and Krazy Glue the cards to me, or chain them to me, or stick microchips in the cards and put a collar on me so, if I trade/toss the cards away, my head/spleen/xyphoid process/thyroid gland/femur/whatever will explode or a Wookie will jump out of the bushes and rip my arms off.

"Cash value" of a card is not a metric they should be concerned with, or make decisions based on, since they have no control over it. They just need to unlock all this junk and stop using the idea. I probably have tons of cards actual LoN players would like and I can't use them or trade them. It's idiotic.
  7. Tulisin_Dragonflame Augur

Yet high demand for some loot cards keeps people buying packs and playing to get them, that is part of the original intent of desirable loot cards. Massively increasing that supply by allowing people to farm free loot cards with unlimited accounts would undermine that rarity and desirability.
  8. Droctrebor Journeyman

I thought the free packs were for gold memberships only ? If that is a factual statement, it wouldn't be possible to farm them on FTP accounts. I could be wrong, but I thought it was a Gold membership "perk".
  9. Mykaylla Augur

Going to glue a Priestess of Titania to you now.

It's a fair comment, though, that there are plenty of EQ players that don't play LoN, and all those playing cards are locked too. It would be nice if you could trade loot cards- after all, you have to pay for a gold account to get five "free" boosters in LoN a month (you're correct, Droctrebor)- but even if that's to be restricted more, the actual playing cards being locked is a shame.
    Jonny Panic likes this.
  10. Leerah Augur

If I ever got a siren (we call it "slutfish") on an account that didn't need it, I'd transfer a character to that account, claim it and transfer it back. That said, I think items (illusions esp.) should be made legacy. (That includes beta rewards.)
  11. Klotar-TSM Lorekeeper

Wouldn't it be cheaper to just buy the siren illusion item from the MP with SC instead of transferring twice?
  12. Mykaylla Augur

It's a different siren. The Marketplace one is blue, with purple hair and a "skirt." Visage of the Siren Enticer is purple, with red hair and no skirt.
  13. Klotar-TSM Lorekeeper

Oh, I didn't know. But kinda like the belikos one(s) I suppose.
    OK, carry on! :)
  14. Siddar Augur

Just make them trade able in game.

Would revolutionize the bazzar for a few months tell things settled down..