Livestream summary please?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lilura, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Zhaunil_AB Augur

Now, now...

How can you expect anyone to be enthusiastic about something that should have been part of last year's expansion (both the levels and the new zones), aside from the eye-candy they DID focus on much?
    Plus, perhaps it was part of the notes they got not to leak it ALL or speak about EVERYthing yet.
    Knowing they'd get this response i mean, they probably withhold some "interesting fact" for next month...
    Gotta keep the hype building - since it's not "high" yet.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Personally I'd like to thank the devs for taking the time out of their busy schedule to show us some of the next expansion. Now is a busy time for them, working long hours to get things fixed and finished to be able to launch on time.

It was nice to see that the revamps haven't changed the layouts of the zones (EQ is still not forgiven for the abomination which is Freeport). It was nice to see how Overthere buildings have been fixed up by the Dark Elves. Explanation on how and why the Combine are there was nice to hear as well.

An hour for these things never seems long enough.There are more questions left unanswered than answered, maybe that's how it should be, to make us curious to check it out.

Lauren was enthusiastic and excited, but she handed things over to the devs who actually know how things work! She stuck to the game and didn't veer off to anything unrelated, also made sure the boys covered expansion options and beta giveaway before she left.

Q&A could use some work. But a lot of what is always asked, for once was covered in the presentation. number of zones, raids, progression etc.

Thank you all, you did a good job. :)
    Gyurika Godofwar, Sancus and Nolrog like this.
  3. Elidroth_NotDev New Member

Some might say you have a face for radio too.. but despite your generally curmugeonous (is that a word?) persona.. You're OK by me.. LOL

Seriously.. People need to back off Absor. The guy has put in more years on this game that I would care to count, and still puts passion, quality, and fun into his content. Hell, Ring of Scale has me interested enough to come back and play.. Not sure where my play characters are anymore though.. LOL.. might be starting from square 1 again.
  4. Reht The Dude abides...

Keep doing what you're doing Absor, there are plenty of us who appreciate it. Now that Prathun guy....who knows!
  5. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Personally I like the fact it's the actual developers that work on the game talking about it. Not some hired dork that has no clue about the game but there to be a happy happy joy joy person. Ask him/her a question and get a reply of What's EverQuest? No thanks.

Quit and moaning about EVERYTHING.
    Venau likes this.
  6. Brovaar Elder

I guess I am not alone in this as I avoid social media like the plague, present forum not withstanding. Back in the day when we came off of BBS and went to the internet I always hated the birth of social media. To me it was boring. I didn't mind the buy/sell forums on the BBS though. Buying and selling computer components was fun. During that time Computer Shopper magazine was the size of an old Detroit phone book. I think a meg of ram went for $50 at the time.
    Metanis likes this.
  7. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Sorry for the rants. I guess I was in a bad mood that day.

Please accept my apologies.
  8. Sashnia Elder

I enjoyed the stream, one of the better ones in my opinion, I enjoyed seeing multiple personalities, hearing about the expansion and seeing the devs in action. Watching a promo video just isn't the same, I watch the stream to see the devs talk about the game and they all impressed me.
  9. Axxius Augur

We had a weird disorganized livestream before a high quality expansion (EoK), and a cheerful funny livestream before a total disaster (TBM). If there is any connection to be made, I'd gladly watch Absor frown and grumble for 60 min. :D
    Gyurika Godofwar, Yinla and Reht like this.
  10. Absor Developer

Who the hell let you in here... I gotta find me a mod...
    Metanis and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  11. Elidroth_NotDev New Member

Don't let it go to your ginormous head... I'm sure I'll return to my normal behavior soon enough.
    Gyurika Godofwar, Sancus and menown like this.
  12. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Oh hi Elidroth!
    Gyurika Godofwar and Sancus like this.
  13. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

It's all good Fanra. We've all been there before in one way or another.
  14. High Voltage Augur

Think if Absor isn't for camera, his boss shouldn't have forced him to be there.

Roshen tried to get some interesting questions from chat, but appearently couldn't find many. So the audience wasn't from the smart side of the moon either.

But still there is the question - What's the hook? In TBM we got Dicho, EoK had Alliances and Synergies. Those were small, but smart additions. What smart addition can we expect from RoS? The stream didn't show anything like that.

Edit: There were new spells proposed. An extension of an age old spell line is not a new spell in my books!
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  15. Lheo Augur

Dont get your hopes to high...when somethings makes to much fun or do to much damage the nerf bat will hit hard anyway..
  16. WorriedinNorrath Elder

There were plenty of questions but I don't think they looked in the correct spots. It was tweeted out a couple days before to ask questions and they would be answered during the stream. The tweet did not make it clear if we should ask in a tweet or the link to the news forum. I don't recall questions being answered from twitter or the forums.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  17. Aurastrider Augur

I think most of us can agree that we appreciate everything both Fanra and Absor bring to the game. Keep up the good work both of you and I hope you can both look back on this thread and get a good laugh.
  18. feeltheburn Augur

did you really mean to say all that or were you born in a alternate reality and fell off the turnip truck a week ago? Beta just came out no one played before hand , you really dont have a clue do you?
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Had a look at the wizzy spells on a betabuffed char yesterday, nothing to get excited about just a copy and past of previous spells, could have easily have been done through AAs without the need of purchasing new spells.

Hoping for new stuff when the AA's get updated next month. Not holding my breath, but really hoping to be proved wrong with lots of new AA lines.
  20. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

2 of my 3 questions were answered in the live chat. As were some others, unfortunately 80% of the live chat questions were not about the ROS but instead about other issues. They repeated twice to please only ask about ROS.