Live Update Bugs: 8/15/2018

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Aug 15, 2018.

1. Behelit Augur

Zone: Combine Dredge
    NPC: Aqusos Ulto
    Quest: Kedge Counterblow

got the task no problem but was unable to zone in, kept getting the message "the way is blocked to you. perhaps you would be able to enter if you had a reason blah blah blah". I double checked the zone in phrase "ready", and waited over 3min with multiple attempts.

so either its bugged or I'm having a senior moment lol
    So Happy likes this.
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Report from our raid leader:

Bertoxx server, 7:19pm EDT

Our guild won't be able to raid unless this is fixed in the next few minutes.

ADD: He reports, "DZs [Expeditions] bugged".
    So Happy likes this.
  3. Angahran Augur

Since the issues with DZs and Instances were reported on test I'm just wondering who had the bright idea to roll the patch to the live servers without fixing the problems ?
    Daedly likes this.
  4. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

[Thu Aug 16 19:30:06 2018] You say, 'Hail, Hortulanus Cryolex'
    [Thu Aug 16 19:30:06 2018] Hortulanus Cryolex says, 'There are many hidden treasures over here in the Overthere,' smiling seductively. She picks up a [plant:Is that plant one of your treasures?], and it sways side to side, the plant's green maw snapping at the air.
    [Thu Aug 16 19:30:08 2018] You say, 'plant'
    [Thu Aug 16 19:30:09 2018] Hortulanus Cryolex says, 'Flora is often overlooked, yet it's amazing and often misunderstood! Plants take in sustenance from the sun and the soil and produce unusual [wonders:Tell me more of these wonders you speak of.]. I've had the luxury of studying many wondrous plants myself.'
    [Thu Aug 16 19:30:11 2018] You say, 'wonders'
    [Thu Aug 16 19:30:11 2018] Hortulanus Cryolex says, 'One subject in particular has been giving me trouble; I've given it sunshine and dirt, but it's given me nothing but heartache and hurt. I believe the plant has great promise, if only I can get it to grow! Now the previous iteration was not only promising but exceedingly dangerous,' She glances about furtively, lowering her voice. 'The [guards:You need to avoid the guards?] have forbidden further experimentation near the outpost!'
    [Thu Aug 16 19:30:13 2018] You say, 'guards'
    [Thu Aug 16 19:30:14 2018] Hortulanus Cryolex says, 'Yes. My tenure will be, uh, revoked if there are any more mishaps here... Y-You have no idea how much energy I've put into this succulent!' she blurts out. 'You know, they have a latent capacity to [grow:Could I help you grow this succulent?] quite explosively.'
    [Thu Aug 16 19:30:16 2018] You say, 'grow'
    [Thu Aug 16 19:30:16 2018] Hortulanus Cryolex nods, stroking her chin. 'Yes. I can tell that you're both able and eager to help. We will plant my latest experiment. If the seed takes, it will grow quickly and could be dangerous. You will want to bring reinforcements in case things go badly. Let me know when you're ready to go into the [field:I'm ready to go into the field.].'
    [Thu Aug 16 19:30:18 2018] You say, 'field'
    [Thu Aug 16 19:30:18 2018] Hortulanus Cryolex says, 'Good! I like your enthusiasm. One last question. Can you gather a [large] force or will we only need supplies for a [smaller] group?'
    [Thu Aug 16 19:30:20 2018] You say, 'large'
    [Thu Aug 16 19:30:21 2018] Hortulanus Cryolex nods. 'Shall we go [now:Let's go now.]?'
    [Thu Aug 16 19:30:28 2018] You say, 'Let's go now.'
    [Thu Aug 16 19:30:28 2018] Hortulanus Cryolex says, 'Off we go.'
    [Thu Aug 16 19:30:29 2018] The way is blocked to you. Perhaps you would be able to enter if there was a reason to come here.

She doesn't give the Expedition (DZ), but she thinks she did.
  5. Mithra Augur

They're spinning up after about a 30 minute wait. It sucks.
  6. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

Obviously they thought it was resolved, and are hard at work to re fix the fx.
    svann likes this.
  7. Glynna New Member

Primary anchor spell not working on cazic-thule and is place in housing zone. No message given just does not port. Secondary anchor missing and has been missing for a few weeks now
  8. Kinadorm Augur

• There needs to be a resist modifier added for the malo spells now that Malosinete is removed. The regular spells are resisted way too often now. 4-5 resists in a row isn't uncommon on current content. It also eats mana every time.
    • Maliase Rank 32 and Rank 33 appear to be identical for shaman.
    • I had to buy Rank 33 of Malaise before Wind of Malaise Rank 12 opened up. The description says it only requires Rank 31.
    • The recast time on Soothsayer's Intervention isn't being affected by Improved Ancestral Intervention AA. It is twice as long as it should be.
    • The Lupine Spirit AA requires a target to cast where the spells do not. Also, the cast time is twice as long as the spell.
    Darsh and Runzen like this.
  9. Glynna New Member

Housing zone is down also on Cazic thule by using gate in guild lobby
  10. Bloodlord Balkoth New Member

i just logged in to my necro who was logged out in Sunrise Hills and when i log in i am in lesser faydark WTF?
  11. Begile New Member

Changes to Spirit of Eagles AA no longer allows me to cast on lower level toons. Was this intended?
  12. Belexes ForumQuester

That was it!! I have never seen that happen before. Good suggestion. Everything works normal now.
  13. Nightmares Augur

Having much the same issue.
    Loading screen = nothing
    Combat = Nothing
    Usually have the 3 set at 5-10-15 for my headset and/or Monitor/TV
    Have to move the slider 1 tick minimum to play any sounds ( then it's Blaring)
    And once I turn off attack and turn it back on I have to move the slider again to get anything, within same zone, and when zoning back and forth.

If I may, would it not be easier to have each set with their own sliders? 2d, 3d, etc. In this way we could custom tailor the settings of each to how we'd like them. This would also have the added benefit of keeping the sound types separated so no worrying about conflicts with 1 type of sound vs another in the same "category" within the system. (Yes, basically a Mixer so we could break things down just a little)
    This type would have the added benefit of being able to tweak the system either on the players end or the Devs, when things need to be addressed system side. Having them separated would also alleviate many future bugs, and past bugs that resurface occasionally. I know you are trying to consolidate things in the game, but I really suggest this approach, it has a lot more beneficial effects than penalties.
    Jiggs likes this.
  14. Jondalar Augur

You are partially correct.
    Clicking the AA version triggers a 3m cooldown on the aa version AND a 1.5 m cooldown on the spell version.

Clicking the spell version triggers the 1.5 m cooldown on spell version but NO cooldown on AA version.

15. Nightmares Augur

Bard Regen Aura messages.
    On the bard end, and not sure if this is something to do with some of the new chat filters. I've noticed the heal messages from my Bard Aura no longer show up in my chat windows ( Checked each window and tried moving some filters around looking for this). I've asked group members if they were getting the messages and no one seems to have them showing anymore. I have not tested if the aura is now broken, or just the messaging of the healing.
  16. Jondalar Augur

They are maxed.
    Spell version doesnt have the same resist modifier as the AA version had.

Sancus likes this.
  17. Anug New Member

Sounds seem to be screwed up. Most sounds are normal volume (spell casting, hitting mobs, etc.) but things like moving items in and out of inventory, AA dings and sound of money looted when a mob dies are very low and can barely hear them. I didn't see any new settings for sound so not sure what the deal is.
  18. Velisaris_MS Augur

I'm not sure what the end result of this was supposed to be, but it most definitely does not cast the highest "Spirit of X" spell the character has. My ranger still casts Spirit of Eagles with the AA, not Spirit of Falcons, which he has. So, either you tried to change it and it's not working, or you said it was changing when it fact it didn't change anything. Some clarification as to what was supposed to happen with this change is needed.

Also:
    This. In addition to not being able to cast it on lower level toons any longer, any low level toons that had the buff on before the patch, now have a "blank" buff that does nothing. The buff icon is there, but no longer has a timer on it and no longer increases run speed or grants leviation.
  19. Runzen Elder

The whole point of the aa malo is that is was unresistable or almost impossible to resist … for the life of me I cant find the previous aa wording to copy in. The aa also used to say something to the effect of this is in addition to your regular spell line... meaning we are supposed to have two versions. Why would we spend aa to get the exact same thing we already have in our book, to have it resisted just as much?
    Darsh likes this.
  20. Metanis Bad Company

I think this has already been reported but you can't use the /alt buy command to purchase the newly changed Glyphs.

It was handy to create a hot button that

1. bought the glyph if it was down
    2. activated the glpyh
    3. bought the glyph right away again so the hotbutton refreshed correctly