Live Update Bugs 4/18/18

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Imak Augur

Huge swaths of floor missing in Breeding Grounds static zone. In places you must levitate and climb the wall just to avoid falling underworld.
  2. Gidono https://everquest.allakhazam.com

Someone reported that level 101 Mage Scroll: Dichotomic Companion gives two scrolls when right clicked. One is correct and the other was the spell itself but a level 250 scroll. See image attached to item page.
  3. Raccoo Augur

Since the last patch I have had a lot of crashes camping characters to character select.
  4. Sinimyn New Member

Purifying the Purifier quest bug. When turning in the quest items to Vasyryx in the Frontier Mountains, all required items update the quest but the Drogan Ore, she gives it back to you. We did this group task last night and could not complete it due to this bug.
  5. Havanap Elder

Semi-related, when you have such a crystal on your cursor, clicking a hotbar slot has the effect of consuming it rather than placing it in your inventory. This is a change from the behavior of the potion bar, and has caught me a few times.
  6. Nniki Augur

The person is saying it put two spells in their book, one of which is level 250 and thus unmemmable, which is the intended behavior. One is the actual dichotomic spell that you mem to cast, and the other keeps track of which rank of the effect that is cast with the spell.

[49240/7650] Dichotomic Companion
    Classes: MAG/101
    Skill: Abjuration
    Mana: 8624
    Target: Pet
    Range: 100'
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0.5s, Recast: 60s, Timer: 11, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 6s+ (1 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    1: Cast: Dichotomic Companion (Highest Rank)
  7. Thunderkiks Augur

There are two different types of ore with similar names if I remember correctly. The one to update the task is grey, the other is for the essence of the dragon quest. Did you have the correct one?
  8. Sinimyn New Member

I will make a note of that, we are trying again tonight. I was unaware of 2 different types of ores. Thanks for the tip!
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  9. Thunderkiks Augur

10. Fadez New Member

11. keviin101higuys Lorekeeper

All anni NPCS gone from Bristlebane server... you guys should extend Anni this year with all the screw ups we had.
  12. Uuvin Augur

on the new adjusted /ach for the hunter of the tower of frozen shadow, there are 2 a large undead gnoll listed. I killed the one on the first floor 6 times. and only got 1 update. I gave up. later, Splos the magic monk of Povar let me know how he got the update. And I repeated it just today. The 2nd large undead gnoll is actually VhalSera up on the 6th floor. Killing him gave the check mark and update.
  13. Naugrin Augur

I have some randomly red hotkeys. They seem a slightly darker red than if an item in them is on cooldown. They seem to function normally.
  14. segap Augur

/useitem lines in socials with comments fail. It's including the comment as part of the useitem param rather than parsing it out.

example: /useitem 17 # comment
  15. Nniki Augur

I don't believe there's anything special about the # sign that indicates the start of a comment.

As far as I know, commands just keep taking parameters while valid and then anything that follows is ignored.

Since the /useitem command was changed to allow item names with spaces, it probably just takes the rest of the text and uses that as the item name.

Although, If you do something like /useitem 23 0, you can still add extra text afterwards. Kind of surprised it worked there. Not sure if there are any item names with two integers in a row where it would fail. There's items like 1 lb. Saltwater Tuna for the above case though.
  16. Prathun Developer

It's not a bug with the game that a hotfix repops affected zones, nor is it a bug that a repop resets everything in the zone.
  17. Rolaque Ancient

Items 1-3: all checked off, seem to be all right, though the visual part of Drusella's aura seems the same size, the damaging part of the aura is smaller.

Item 4: wtf did you do? The amount of Drusella's wandering has not been reduced, it has been ramped up. She does a 'scheduled' move, and sometimes keeps moving and wandering until it's time to make another 'scheduled' move. The patch change may have decreased how often she wanders, but when she does wander, it's non-stop for long periods. Was this even tested before it hit Test, because it looks like it wasn't?
  18. IblisTheMage Augur

I saw it as being indikator of a hotkey for a summoned item, when you are out of said summoned item.

I give such hotkeys a label, such as “rod” or “orb”, works quite well.
    moogs likes this.
  19. Xorsazis Augur

Second Warrior Pike Quest in Cabilis from Drill Master Kyg (Footman's Pike):

You say, 'Hail, Drill Master Kyg'

Drill Master Kyg says 'Welcome. Welcome!! Time to train. Time to fight. Time to serve the Iksar Empire. You will need weapons. I have the [footman pike] for all new recruits to earn.'

You say, 'what footman pike?'

Drill Master Kyg says 'A footman pike is what you need. A footman pike is what you get, but earn it you will. You must [slay many beasts] to prove to us that you are a true warrior. Fail and you will be exiled to live with the Forsaken.'

You say, 'I will slay many beasts' She does not respond to this text

Drill Master Kyg says 'Yes. You will slay or you will be slain. Take this footman's pack and fill it you will. Fill it with [weapons of our foes]. When all are combined, the full footman's pack shall be returned to me along with your militia pike. Do this and earn your footman pike and then we may have a true mission for you.'

You say, 'what weapons of our foes?'

Drill Master Kyg says 'Yes. You need to know the weapons required. Fill the pack with javelins. Froglok bounder and goblin hunter javelins. Two of each.'

You receive a "Footman's Pack" (4-slot container). She does not give you this item.
  20. Xorsazis Augur

Cannot delete. Something must have been wonky on my end, she finally gave it up. Works OK.