Live Update Bugs 4/18/18

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Apr 18, 2018.

1. klanderso Developer

Just so I'm clear on this before I write up a task to look into this, previously audio triggers were 100% independent of the regular sound volume? Did adjusting any other volume settings affect them? As far as I can tell this shouldn't have changed, but it's a little wonky on the back-end.
  2. SoroxDrinal Elder

3. Jaera Augur

Prior to this patch, before logging in to EverQuest in the game configuration (where you select video card, luclin character models, and basic settings), you must have had sound enabled to use Audio Triggers.

However, once in game Audio Triggers played independently of the three sound/music sliders. This allowed you to turn off all game music, sounds, environment sounds, etc but still use audio triggers.

As of this patch, Audio Triggers are now tied to the 'sounds' volume slider. If this volume slider is all the way to the left (off), Audio Triggers will not play.
    Herf and klanderso like this.
  4. klanderso Developer

Aha, that clarifies things. I'll get it written up so we can look into fixing it, thanks!
  5. Ghubuk Augur

I always had all the volume settings turn down to zero percent and the audio triggers came through fine. Now, i have to turn up the volume slider for "sound volume" to be able to hear them which also causes me to have to listen to all the casting sounds.
    klanderso likes this.
  6. Rickate Augur

- Liquid Courage (16th Anniversary) - The spells cast by NPCs in this Heroic Adventure will now scale correctly.

[42145] or [48329] Fleshcarve
    Endurance: 5000
    Target: Single
    Range: 48'
    Resist: Physical -900, Max Resist Chance: 25%
    Reflectable: No
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 18s+ (3 ticks) Song, Dispelable: No
    1: Decrease Current HP by 20308 per tick

At least one of those versions of the spell does not scale and is being used at Level 70. I guess technically not a bug since it's not technically a spell, still really annoying.
  7. Rickate Augur

[42143] Plague of Strife
    Mana: 1000
    Target: Single
    Range: 240'
    Resist: Corruption -750, Max Resist Chance: 25%
    Reflectable: Yes
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    Duration: 30s+ (5 ticks) Song, Dispelable: No
    1: Decrease Current HP by 18462 per tick
    2: Increase Corruption Counter by 18
    [48327] version is 2: Increase Corruption Counter by 143763 so probably that one, also doesn't scale at Level 70.
  8. SoroxDrinal Elder

Looks like malformed XML had been in my MusicPlayerWnd for some time and the patch is catching more xml problems and crashing to desktop while prior to patch, the code was more forgiving.

When I made my custom UI update, I noticed malformed xml. No idea how long it's been like that. Ouch, so this was my bug. Sorry Devs...
    <Screen item = "MusicPlayerWnd">
    <ScreenID/>

<Font>2</Font>
  9. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Phinigel server. Raid zoned into Theater of Blood instance via the Agent of Change. We all ended up in various clusters around the southern part of the map, way out in the water out of bounds from the normal area of the zone. We were unable to move from these glitched positions, had to evac/coth the raid in order to actually set up and start.
  10. Urnihixul New Member

The broken geometry in the Chetari caves in Breeding Grounds seems fixed, but there is another area that is broken (perhaps it was before, I am not sure). While traveling from the room containing Gosik to the room containing Seros (actually entering the latter room), I fall through some geometry and ended up again in the bottom of the zone. When this happens, I can swim up some invisible lava to another part of the zone, for what it's worth.

Edit: standing at 784, 270, and looking toward the direction of the tunnel toward Seros's room, you can see the breakage.
    Sumonerr_Tunare likes this.
  11. Raccoo Augur

The text on my AAs that I have set to a space, to get rid of the text and just use an icon. Now whenever I zone it resets the text on top of the icon I use. Is there a way to keep it from adding the text back to the AAs when I remove it, other than making macros with alt activation and pause?
  12. PathToEternity pathtoeternity.pro

The Yes/No confirmation box for the guild portal stone doesn't remember where you stick it.

You can reproduce my experience by playing in windowed mode, walking onto the portal, waiting for the box to pop up, choosing Arrange > Center on the context menu, and then zoning in and out a few times. Eventually it will forget where you put it and move it somewhere else on the screen, usually the very next time.

I have a similar experience with other confirmation windows like rez boxes, TL boxes, etc.
  13. Kiras Augur

The Jeweled Hoarded Blood Orchid Katana isn't a katana. It isn't even a tachi or nodachi. It appears to be a hunga munga?

Oh, and usual message: Headshot is doing the wrong damage. The ranks of ROS say it increased in damage, but in fact, it does the exact same damage it did before ROS. I've been posting this pretty much every patch since launch. It's also on the issue tracker.
    Fadez likes this.
  14. Natal Augur

The first groundspawn I turned in from the rooms updated the task, but it clearly was not the correct one since at the end of the mission the room and NPC associated with it were completely not the murderer. The 4 mob drops did not match the murderer class either.
  15. Natal Augur

When I ran it the class useable lists did not match the class of the real murderer, so that can't be how it works.
  16. Natal Augur

Lol.....but the clues don't match the class of the murderer, at least that is what happened when I ran the mission last night after the servers came back on. I probably handed the wrong food in, but the murderer failed as well even though I selected to class indicated by the clues. After that I let it reset and then the NPC would no longer talk to me other than to say he wanted more clues. Killing the class that claimed to be the real murderer did not update the task either, so I ended up giving up and going to bed.

Reading what you say about how the mission works, I can see the fundamental design flaw it has, and that is the whole handing the food in thing. That should never have been an update step. The whole debacle regarding the aug could have been avoided if it had simply been left out. Then, the player would have had to kill to get the 4 drops to show who the killer was. They could then look at the food in front of them and use that information to determine the proper room. Handing the food in serves no purpose since all the food updates the step no matter which one (and hence is NOT a clue at all). BUT, the consequence of having a food as a hand in step as an actual updateable clue is that it created an alternative mechanism to figure out the murderer. If that single step was not included as part of the task then none of this aug debacle would have happened at all, since there would be only one route to determine who the murderer was.
    Metanis likes this.
  17. doah Augur

Theater of blood AoC port in is in a box underground at the moment.
  18. Aldryn Another New Member

I'm guessing the hero's forge chests aren't supposed to drop something every time, right? There was a chest that popped tonight that had nothing in it, so just making sure it's still supposed to pop even if it doesn't get populated with loot.
    Nniki likes this.
  19. Dew- New Member

The change to audio triggers aside, for some reason my audio quality on EQ has tanked since the patch. Everything sounds like it's coming out of a tin can now, unsure what the cause could be.

Edit: Fixed, I had to go into eqclient.ini and set sound44k=1. Odd change.
    Edit2: Nevermind, that kind of helped, spell effects and such still sound very odd, kind of grainy.
  20. Notafel Journeyman

Thirding the Theater of Blood AoC issue planting raids far south of the Maestro area. Can't move from the spot so need evac and CotH to escape and continue.

Also haven't seen it posted yet but the Relic AoC instance teleporter on the lower level isn't active. Can't get up to where the dragons are.