Live Update Bugs 4/18/18

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Apr 18, 2018.

1. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

It is as much a bug as pulling emp to zone in, or illusion thru doors. People used these unintended short cuts to get access or loots they didn't earn the correct way. Daybreak has shown interest in fixing these long term exploits, so I felt it should be pointed out. Fixing the zone geometry is a big fix, I think, while killing lev in PoFire is probably just a toggle.
    doah likes this.
  2. Zhaunil_AB Augur

3. doah Augur

This is not a discussion forum!
  4. Paladin Augur

When hovering over a hot bar button with an item ion it, the name of the item no longer pops up.
    Eaiana likes this.
  5. niente Developer

Did you remake the hotbutton? Old hotbuttons won't have their item name saved.
  6. drEvil Lorekeeper

Plane of Justice: Trial of Stoning: NPC "a pitiless avenger" is supposed to ranged attack PCs and the NPCs "an accused prisoner" but they do not do either, making the trial incredibly easy and almost impossible to fail.
  7. Eaiana Augur

I noticed this too. Make using the anchor port clickie and the gyrospire clickie very confusing because they have the same icon.
  8. Cannikin Elder

Well I can now confirm that all 3 of the Fabled in Plane of Storms are bugged. They appear as fabled when inactive/untargetable, and then repop as non-fabled when activated.
  9. Dzarn Developer

Thanks for the report, the change in date formatting was unintended and will be fixed for the May patch.
    Sancus, Zvenn, doah and 8 others like this.
  10. Mistatk Augur

Still having the missing lines of pixels. Is this a known bug or? any plans to fix. 18years with out this, started last patch, tried everything from reloading EQ, Drivers, Windows.
  11. Rorce Augur

Are you using WinEQ by chance? I remember having this issue before, I forget exactly how I fixed it.
  12. Paladin Augur

This has always been the case.
  13. Evilash Journeyman

When doing research, the journeyman's trophy is not evolving from combines.
  14. smash Augur

Likely you doing a combine that is 100 or more trivial above your skill then trophy does not evolve.
  15. Zhaunil_AB Augur

This.
    Plus, that for this to be true, your skill is most likely below 250 too, since - for evolving the trophy - recipes are "capped" at 350.
    i.e. if your skill is below 250 and the trivial of the comine you are doing is 101 or more higher than your skill, then the trophy does not evolve. If your skill were 251 and the trivial 458 though, it would.
    Aanuvane likes this.
  16. Gialana Augur

In addition to what others have said, there's another reason a trophy won't earn experience, though I've usually only come across this case after my trophy evolves to the master level.

Each level of a trophy is associated with a certain range of skill level, the same range that determines which level of trophy quest you are assigned. For instance, you would get the beginner's trophy quest if your skill is from 50 to 99. While in this range, it's possible to evolve the trophy to one level higher, but you won't be able to earn experience on the trophy until your skill level is at or above the next range. Using the same example, if your skill is between 50 and 99, you'd be able to evolve your trophy to an apprentice trophy, but the trophy would not gain any experience until your skill level is at least 100.

I'm sure you already know this, too, but your trophy only gains experience on successful combines.
    Zhaunil_AB likes this.
  17. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

No possibility of a hot patch just to address this??? The code to fix cant be that difficult to write/fix. This error on your end is causeing many players to “alter” their computers which can and I bet will bork something with it. Take the 30 mins, fix this let us get back to useing our logs in an appropriate manner.

Its not like we are begging for Necro epic/DoT fixes, Ranger headshot, guild neighborhood evict options, spells that do/perform as intended... just a simple 0 to be placed correctly in the log file so GINA and other programs correctly read it.
    Allayna likes this.
  18. Paladin Augur

That worked, but what a pain! I had a LOT of hot buttons.
  19. Imak Augur

On Bristlebane, there is an orphaned familiar near the soulbinder that has been spamming zonewide *ERROR* messages every few minutes for several days. Some dev please stop by and kill that thing so we don't have to see it all weekend. Thx you ~!
  20. Allayna Augur

Noticed a lot more glitchy graphics and figured a video example would help.

Basically seems to be a variation of the old West bug, turning different directions changes the flickering of the graphics.

[IMG]