Live Update Bugs 11/16/16

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Elizabeta Augur

Icesprite Familiar is not able to be placed in the familiar keyring.

Also, not sure if this is new or not, Visage of the Daft Trickster cannot be placed in the Illusions keyring.
  2. Navin Novellus Journeyman

Rogue SOS2 is broken for PVP. Rogues were already extremely powerful in PVP. Previously SOS1 made rogues difficult to target, allowing them to often get the jump on others using it. Due to their extremely high damage, them getting the jump on someone nearly always results in that player's death. After the rogue gets this kill, they can then immediately go back into SOS and be hidden from any of their victim's allies who would be attempting to fight back. Even though this was extremely powerful, there were at least some ways to counter it by way of a limited number of spells / abilities which would give players See Invis (2) allowing them to see through SOS1. Most of these abilities were available only to certain classes or on items with limited charges or semi-long cooldowns, meaning all players could not simply passively or permanantly see rogues in SOS, but would have to actively be using these abilities to be able to do so if they noticed that an enemy rogue entered the zone.

With the addition of SOS2, there was no corresponding addition of spells allowing See Invis (3), essentially making this ability unable to be countered in PVP. A rogue who uses SOS2 is now untargettable, and can simply enter a zone and walk about with impunity taking their time while choosing their target. Once they kill their initial target, which can happen in under 1 second once they engage, they can then re-SOS2, again becoming untargettable to all of their victims allies. Since there is no way for players to see through SOS2 the only realistic or reliable recourse against rogues at this point is to leave the zone.

Something needs to be changed to allow some way to fight against rogues using SOS2. Some ways this could be accomplished: - Adjust SOS2 so that it only has the same effectiveness as SOS1 against player characters. - Adjust all existing spells / items which currently cast See Invis (2) to instead cast See Invis (3). This seems like it would be the simplest change. I do not know if there are currently any mobs which utilize Invisibility (3), but if not this change would have no impact on PVE. - Add new spells and items which cast See Invis (3)
  3. JChan Developer

Please put in a petition with Customer Service so that we can get all of the information that we need to assist you.
  4. Imak Augur

Items that are scripted to generate more than 1 illusion will not work in the keyring. Daft Trickster, Ancient Gods, Swabbys Eyepatch, Gnollish Totem -- none are usuable in the keyring.
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

Off the topic somewhat, but WELCOME BACK !

BTW, you may have also missed the memo that was going to give players an in-game way to order from In and Out. Double-doubles please.

And once again...Big Welcome Back!
  6. EnchFWO Augur

Update from previous post expanding on bug-

Enchanter: Randomly upon zoning (at least in/out Lcea), PBAE mez, free target mez, and PBAE stun can all get stuck with a 12 MINUTE recast zoning INTO or OUT of the zone or through different /pick of Lcea.

Personally experienced with Perilous Bafflement, Anodyne Stare, and Color Concourse spells (all rk 3).
  7. Azra New Member

Thanks for the reply.
    I put in one ticket, and another after it happened earlier this morning. One was closed (probably because i linked the numbers for reference) and I was given a reply, I quickly responded, and waited for other information, aside from the first reply.
    Still awaiting a fix or some kind of communication.
  8. Soraia Journeyman

We had a member that was having the same problem. He went and shrouded and was able to get the update.
  9. Soraia Journeyman

Worked on Partisan of Droga quests today so lots of zoning in and out. Every single time we tried to zone in, every member of my group got a message saying the zone wasn't ready and we were punted to the succor point. We would run back and be able to zone in fine, but never the first time we tried.
  10. Hostile Meat Wizard Elder

When we completed the mission Before the Siege in Lceanium the other day, the chest at the end which contained our reward and allowed us to complete the mission was locked and had to be picked.

That doesn't seem right.
  11. svann Augur

If you die in Lceanium then gate back you dont necessarily go to the same instance as your corpse. So when you get back to where you died, it isnt there! You have to know which zone you were in then use /pickzone to get to your corpse.
  12. gotwar Gotcharms

Nuke/bash it.
  13. Ngreth Thergn Developer

The game has no way to be psychic, so errs on the side of "simplicity" where if you tell it you want *that buff* (the one in the buff slot) when you cast a familiar, it gives you that buff. What it is actually doing is casting that buff for the buff part of the familiar everytime you cast a familiar. (when you cast them in sequence it's difficult to tell, but if say you had an hour between you'll note the refresh of the timer on the buff)

There other advantages than just the bag space to the keyring is the auto-dismiss.
  14. Greymantle Augur

Aggree, auto dissmiss is handy. I tried it with nothing in the buff box. Both landed. Thanks.
  15. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Wow. The ice sprite is super broke (It won't even summon a familiar currently, much less fit in the keyring) I'll fix this but it requires a server down patch to go live.
    As for the Visage of the Daft Trickster. Illusions and familiars that can be more than one thing, OR run excessive scripts will not be put in keyrings.
  16. Greymantle Augur

Rofl , may as well just make hotkeys like before. Faster. But ya that should work. Kinda moot at this point anyway for me as i currently am running around with 2x 1hb weapons so the razor not much help. Wish i had found the blunt and pierce versions in the day.
  17. Ngreth Thergn Developer

18. High Voltage Augur

Tried task called "Others' Things", given by Arbitrator Kelliar in Scorched Woods as 102 ENC + 102 CLR + mercs.
    * I could hail and talk to Arbitrator Kelliar while invisible. He is not indicated to see through invisible, though.
    * The task description refers to "chokadai eggs", maybe a typo as the mobs are "a chokidai ___"?
    * Imo leaving/entering the instance is solved in a weird/inconsistent manner. Not accounting for Gate, Fellowship campfire e.t.c. - in some HAs (CotF) you are ported in/out by an NPC. In some (TBM) you zone using the zone line. In this one, you are ported in by the quest giver, and leave through the zone line. I zoned out by accident, so I had to run the whole way across Scorched Woods back to Kelliar. Also, unlike other HAs, when hailed he now will not immediately give the option to port back into the instance - you have to follow the whole dialog or /say keyword instead.
    * After coming back to the instance, I noticed some mobs had changed in level (within the expected range) while I was out.
    * The "a chokidai ___" mobs did not attack when I casted Decree of Tashan Rk. II on them. So ENC could tash, then pull with slow.
    * OOC regen of mobs is insane, like 30%/tick or more?
    * The "wraith of ..." and "a reanimated ..."/skellie type mobs did not see invis.
    * I was supposed to collect some fungus parts and something from a vault in the basement, but couldn't get down to the fungus men in time. But while killing sarnak and chokidai on my way down, I was also unable to collect any ale or eggs. Might just have been the wrong mobs, though. Thinking back, there was basically no drops from the mobs (killed maybe 30-40? from starting area down both the tunnels to the central area) at all, beside a few gems.
    * As a side note - on my screen the Scorched Woods zone is so dark I could not even see the darkness there, sometimes.
  19. Karhar Dream Crusher

Templar's Synergy I description stats Spell Effect: Increased the next 3 incoming LEVEL 5400 and higher instant-duration heals by 5400 points for 12 seconds
  20. Axxius Augur

'Large' mobs in at least 2 zones (Droga and Chardok) give zero xp. Examples: mudmen in Droga, golems/constructs in Chardok. Check other zones too pls. This seems to be specific to the 'large' mobs only, the ones that have a lot more hp than other types.