Live Update Bugs 09/20/17

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Sep 20, 2017.

1. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Let's make clear this is not a bug. This is something we want.

Just in case someone at Daybreak decides to "fix" this. Please don't.
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Ishtass Augur

Why in the world would you complain about this mechanic? So many times quests will not give you credit for doing something you already did, and this is a nice workaround to get the quest to sync with your progress.
  3. Zhaunil_AB Augur

I did not take that reply as a complaint, but instead as a reply to Moege who had an issue with task not updating.
    Fanra's clarification above was a good thing though;
    without a quote of what he replied to, someone only giving this thread a cursory glance might indeed draw the wrong conclusions.
    Fanra likes this.
  4. Rorce Augur

Hmmm? What part of that post was worded as if I were complaining? I was trying to be helpful and give advice to the person above me who was having issues getting a step to update.
  5. Ngreth Thergn Developer

We agree.
    While it is not the way we intend it, it is also harmless and a way around another bug that does not give you credit we may WANT you to have.
    The only thing "off" in this is that we don't want one item to give you task credit on all of your characters, but that is a quirk of "collect" elements. If it really concerns us, we make the item no-trade.
    Yinla, svann, Fanra and 1 other person like this.