Live Update Bugs 06/19/2019

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Mazame Augur

I would just like to point out the spell and the way it works doesn't bother me.

What does bother me is the Impenetrable Defenses achievement.
    "Complete the raid without letting any of the animated armors reach Unfettered Emerald Excellence."

If "You're supposed to kill them. It is very bad[tm] for them to reach the middle of the zone." and "It's a sure way to fail the raid." Then to me this would be part of the event. not an achievement.

To me an achievement would be doing the event in a way that is different from the event as intended and in doing so make the event more challenging.

If letting them get to the center is "very Bad " then maybe the achievement should have been to let one reach the center and still win the event.

Just saying.
    Axxius, Ssdar and Prathun like this.
  2. Prathun Developer

Is it possible that someone landed the killing blow on a suit of armor while it was in the middle? The scripts that manage the behavior of the armors haven't changed since last year. There's nothing in the design doc about them despawning. I'm 99.99% sure that they have never despawned, at the moment they detonate or otherwise, in concept, implementation, or post-tuning. The armors do not have a depop NCD. The only Mearatas raid scripts that have 'depop' in them are the controller (which depops the auras), and the cleanup script. There is nothing else anywhere in this raid that depops anything.

Note that snare will still work.

I believe the raid will still be easier that it was previous to today's update with the changes that went in, despite not being able to root one of the armor types instead of dealing with it. If for some reason it's not, I'll do another tuning pass on the event for a future update. Though it's unlikely that I'll rip out mechanics and more likely that I'll make it easier to deal with those mechanics.
  3. Prathun Developer

Yeah, this makes a lotta sense.
    Ssdar likes this.
  4. Lallainye New Member

Additionally pet window is no longer clearing when charm breaks.
  5. Sancus Augur

Prior to this patch, fire pets were hard coded to cast Fire Elemental Bolt every 4 seconds. They now are averaging a cast every ~10 seconds outside of FBO, and as such doing notably less DPS, even with an EM 27 focus.

As the patch notes don't mention a decrease in their base casting rate, I'm assuming it's a bug.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Fire spells are back to being resisted in Plane of Fire raid, previously they landed on all bar the Guardian.
  7. Ssdar Augur

Posted this in the test bugs, but it has gone live as well:
    For melee classes without mana, if the mana percentage label (<EQType>20</EQType>) is used somewhere in the UI, it now displays "-nan(ind)", where previously it would display "0". It appears there is an exception for this in the player window so that it just doesn't display anything at all for classes without mana, but if it is used elsewhere in the UI it has this weird output instead.
  8. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

Not sure why or if there's a setting I can change but after I alt-tab or bring a minimized EQ window back up, the screen stays blacked out (just the cursor shows up) for about 5 or 6 seconds. Before, it was nearly instant once the window was brought to the foreground.

I'm using an Asus laptop with a Geforce GTX 850M but haven't tested it on anything else yet. Also playing with both characters in full screen mode rather than windowed mode.
  9. Belexes ForumQuester

I had this issue a few months ago, not sure what caused it and I could not figure out why one PC did it and the other didn't and they are both high end machines.

On the PC that was doing this, I solved it by going to windowed mode. The other PC is still in full screen mode and working ok. I am assuming it is graphics card related somehow. My two PCs have different graphics cards installed.
  10. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

That definitely "fixes" it. It's actually faster that way than it ever was before with both chars on full screen mode. I'll have to fix all my windows now and try that, but it does show a big improvement.
  11. Liveware New Member

In addition to the client crashing on camping (fast or slow) to desktop or character select screen, the client will also crash when trying to reset to the default UI while in game.

dbg.txt

[Wed Jun 19 17:54:07 2019]00873:Loading UI.
    [Wed Jun 19 17:54:07 2019]00874:Deactivating previous UI.
    [Wed Jun 19 17:54:07 2019]00875:Unloading previous textures.
    [Wed Jun 19 17:54:07 2019]00876:Resetting UI.
    [Wed Jun 19 17:54:07 2019]00877:Resetting character select UI.
    [Wed Jun 19 17:54:07 2019]00878:Resetting game UI.
    [Wed Jun 19 17:54:07 2019]00879:Exception in RunGame GameLoop Code = c0000005 ADDR=777CE4C3
    [Wed Jun 19 17:54:07 2019]00880:EAX=00000000 EBX=525f0001 ECX=00000739 EDX=00000000
    [Wed Jun 19 17:54:07 2019]00881:ESI=387fc222 EDI=525f0000 EBP=018fd51c ESP=018fd4e8
    [Wed Jun 19 17:54:07 2019]00882:process was trying to WRITE invalid data.
    [Wed Jun 19 17:54:07 2019]00883:Invalid access occurred at virtual address 0x00000000.
    [Wed Jun 19 17:54:07 2019]00884:Fatal error occurred in mainthread! (Release Client #630)

[Wed Jun 19 17:54:07 2019]00885:Client Version: Jun 13 2019 09:58:49
    [Wed Jun 19 17:54:07 2019]00886:Skin Directory: UIFiles\SparxxUI\

[Wed Jun 19 17:54:07 2019]00887:Graphics DLL Loaded: Graphics DLL Version 2.00.111342
    [Wed Jun 19 17:54:07 2019]00888:Graphics Build Date: Jun 13 2019 10:00:23
    [Wed Jun 19 17:54:07 2019]00889:Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, 25.21.14.1935

[Wed Jun 19 17:54:07 2019]00890:Crash (char = , zone = guildhalllrg)

[Wed Jun 19 17:54:07 2019]00891:Local Player's World location at time of crash: -0.592486, 45.447697, 3.514853.

[Wed Jun 19 17:54:07 2019]00892:Gamestate at crash = 5
  12. Imukai Augur

There is some issue with pets allowing unlimited summoning of them. They are not being credited as a "pet" - the pet window is blank. Pet spells do not work on them. But they are there following you around, and they protect you if you get hit -- sort of like enchanter pets.

The only data I can provide is my already-summoned pet died and I resummoned it w/ PoTime focus (mage water pet) and it did not work, but I saw him standing there. So I tried again. And again. After having 10 pets mixed of water, earth, and fire, after laughing at the pet train following me around, and after verifying that they did in fact respond by attacking when I got hit... I logged out.

Upon returning they were gone and I was able to summon a pet normally and successfully.

A beastlord in our raid had the same thing happen to him as well.
  13. its_a_secret Journeyman

After the patch the Child of Ro's normal Firebolt III spell that it casts was reduced from like 800ish to 300ish. I assume this is a bug because coupled with the normal low damage swing it's now our lowest damage pet. And since it has the least survivability I can't think of a reason to use it now.
  14. Mogley Lorekeeper

On quest Exploring Shards Landing I was grouped with 2 of my alts when it came to the time to collecting samples my Zerker quest never updated. On quest Unspoken verse you need to find books I have found all of them but 3 and they are not where they are supposed to be, they are page of a Citizens Diary, page of High Guards Diary, and page of Council Minutes. Without these I cant continue on and cant get another quest
  15. Silias McKendrick Augur

When in raid/group if the person doing turn in is at a different location in zone it locks loot to them and does not open up to raid/group.

Example we are in raid for sisters of spire in sky, we have someone stay there and spawn mob but it locks to them and cannot be rolled by rest.
    Example Ixbiliat for cleric epic, cleric does turn in, raid kills mob at its spawn location, all loot locks to cleric.

Making it not possible to roll through window etc the rest of the drops.
  16. Deillusional Augur

I could have been mistaken as I edited the post as you was replying to it. We tried it with a lower than normal force yesterday so didn’t see the 25 percent change, just the other changes so we can change our current strat when we raid it next. Rov seems to have posted that they was no change in mephits at 25 percent so it does look harder than normal with the spells not landing on them I guess previously when we wiped at 25 percent and they reached the middle and someone lived during it it looked like it de spawned. Could have it been related to Argo on the boss and a cleanup script maybe. I guess we will find out when we raid it properly next.
  17. GNOME_POWER Augur

Go to the side of the building, go up the slope and go to the second floor.
  18. Dahaman Augur

ISSUE: Chat window size and placement is not saving on full screen displays. If EQ crashes, it resets the display from full screen to windowed screen. Switching it back to full screen means chat windows are reset to a be in the middle of the screen and resized. They have to be moved and resized back after every crash. This started with the introduction of the tabbed windows.

ISSUE: The new percentage hitpoints, mana, XP, AAxp, etc. are creating UI illegibility. The inventory page seems to be the test bed for this (it looks okay there) without notions of downstream conflicts with the general UI. If this was done to handle a raid encounter easier, then there are two issues. The first is that a raid that depends on that level of accuracy is poor design. The second (and more important) is the inflicted pain on the rest of the people that don't even raid that encounter.

I understand that custom UIs are not supported, but non-useful UI changes should be slow to put in place to reduce these issues. Another example of unintentional UI change pain is the display of all the crits that use to display for me in a desired color and suddenly they are changing windows, changing colors, and effectively gone from viewing.

Please please please slow down the constant UI changes without options to keep what we have.
    Caell, Metanis and Mogley like this.
  19. Boze TLP complaint factory

I don't think this is a new bug, saw this happen to a mage in raid some time last fall. Haven't seen it happen since.
  20. Wildfall New Member

I am getting booted out of game when I switch characters? Any fixes for this as I dont see many others with the same problem?