Live Update Bugs 03/15/17

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Mar 15, 2017.

1. v01d Journeyman

It may be worth checking crit rate on DD spells. Wizards on Phinny TLP are reporting either crit rate % AA's are not being applied, or similiar issue, versus pre-patch. AOE crit rate is unaffected, but DD crit rate is single digit or under 5%.
  2. Omegga Elder

Can confirm uncompleted collect progress has been wiped out and new collects clicked checks disappear when you zone.
  3. Sindaiann Augur

I see you chose to specifically remove the proof.

A) its not where it was before, basically is a generic term

B) A bug is something that is UNINTENDED. This was an INTENDED change.

C) If the spells were somehow performing OTHER THAN INTENDED, that would be a BUG

You do realize that on 01/17/17, before dot increases, Nectar of Woe was still more damage than Reef, and that trend carried thru to the current live portion now. So exactly what is your point? Are you trying to say the changes that occured on 02/15/17 that put Reef above Nectar is ok? Enlighten us.

01/17/17 - Live pre dot revamp

[44335/14620] Reef Crawler Blood Rk. III
    Classes: SHM/105
    Skill: Conjuration
    Mana: 2175
    Target: Single
    Range: 200'
    Resist: Poison -35
    Focusable: Yes
    Trigger Spell DS: Yes
    Reflectable: Yes
    Casting: 3s, Recast: 1.5s, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 42s (7 ticks), Dispelable: No
    1: Increase Poison Counter by 18
    2: Decrease Current HP by 2675 per tick
    Text: Poisonous blood pulses through you.
    Fills your target's blood with poison, causing #2 damage every six seconds for %z.

[44305/14625] Nectar of Woe Rk. III
    Classes: SHM/104
    Mana: 1958
    Resist: Poison -40
    Casting: 3s, Recast: 1.5s, Timer: 10, Rest: 1.5s
    2: Decrease Current HP by 3437 per tick
    6: Cast: Vengeance of Woe III if Not Cured
    Text: Your veins are filled with vile venom.
    Fills your target's veins with venom, causing #2 damage every six seconds for %z. If this venom runs its full course, it will trigger an even stronger venom.

02/15/17 - Overpowered dumb numbers

Mana: 19934
    Stacking: Blood of Saryrn 41
    2: Decrease Current HP by 23919 per tick
    Fills your target's blood with poison, causing #2 damage every six seconds for %z.

Mana: 15233
    Stacking: Nectar of Pain 22
    2: Decrease Current HP by 14092 per tick
    Fills your target's veins with venom, causing #2 damage every six seconds for %z. If this venom runs its full course, it will trigger an even stronger venom.

03/15/17 - Current Live Numbers

Mana: 9750
    Stacking: Blood of Saryrn 41
    2: Decrease Current HP by 10901 per tick

Mana: 15812
    Stacking: Nectar of Pain 22
    2: Decrease Current HP by 12658 per tick
  4. JChan Developer

We're looking into this now.
  5. Slomoe New Member

Any progress in collections that has not been completed has been wiped its affected a lot of players on emarr from the talk in general, no clue about other servers
  6. Tyreel Augur

Seeing this bug on Bristlebane too and it is not just a display bug.

Previously collected.
    [Wed Mar 15 18:26:05 2017] You have collected Failed Alchemical Experiment!
    [Wed Mar 15 18:26:05 2017] You have collected Coffin Cookie!
    [Wed Mar 15 18:26:06 2017] You have collected Burynai Burial Regalia (Ena)!
    [Wed Mar 15 18:26:07 2017] You have collected Stump Stalker!
    [Wed Mar 15 18:26:08 2017] You have collected Unnaturally Robust Foliage!
    [Wed Mar 15 18:26:09 2017] You have collected Sarnak Foot!

So i am guessing the only fix we will get is a roll back if we get a fix. Feel free to reaquire through game play is probably gonna be the response since most of us don't have spreadsheets showing what we had...
  7. Orsknocker New Member

I cant login to any server. Just get disconnected before character select. Verified install files, restarted, tried logging into servers I know have no characters. Not using any 3rd party software. Several other people have posted on a threat in player support forums also.
  8. Kunon Augur

For Shaman it seems like they just decided to multiply the base damage of 101 to 105 regular Dots by about 3.5 and then ran a script that drastically lowered each proceeding DoT from each line regardless of when it started, what its original base damage was, or how it would effect people below level 105. By the HoT versions some aren't even double the original (pre revamps) damage. For some of the oldest DoT lines they get to the point where they are only 1/3 their original (pre revamps) damage. Great for those of us on Live, not so great for the TLPers.

Looks like they ran the same script on the Swift DoTs, but forgot that they only boosted their base damage by about 50%. The 101 - 105 are quite a bit higher and the 96 - 100 are a little higher than before the revamp. Then the 91 - 95 are noticeably lower and 86 - 90 are just over half of what they were before the revamp began.

Without the ability to cast older versions of DoTs (and the limited number of DoTs lines until modern EQ) that will mean an overall DPS nerf grouping or raiding for anyone lower than level 95. As much as it sucks to be a TLP Shaman, if Necros get the same revamp they are going to seriously suck on the TLPs until VoA.

Edit:
    I may not be a fan of the TLPers, but getting this whole DoT revamp thing finally worked out so that it isn't a complete fiasco (with changes every patch for 6 months) when Necros get theirs after a year of waiting would be nice.

Didn't feel like copy/pasting 200 spells, the EQR scripts get all the credit for that.
    http://spells.eqresource.com/spellsearch.php?level=1&range=greater&class=shm
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  9. Omegga Elder

Looks like players logging on now are seeing previous check marks on collects. I still do not see mine. I tried reclogging and still don't see them. Could my collect file have been overwritten with blank checks? Can it be recovered from the backup before the patch?
  10. Hludwolf Developer

This is only affecting achievements and collections where you have to right click the item to collect them correct?
  11. Omegga Elder

Yes, Pieces of History from the Dead hills turn ins are still updated. Its seems some players who logged in in the last hour have their checks and others don't.
  12. Hludwolf Developer

Which collection achievements do they have the checks for?
  13. Omegga Elder

Its collection achievements from any expansion that we started but did not complete. The completed ones are still completed with all checks, but any we started lost all checks. When I got on today I was running around Frontier Mountains and picked up one of the Natural Treasure collect set and clicked it, then look at my list and it was the only one there. When I zoned into Temple of Droga that one disappeared also.
  14. Symbius Augur

Just to give a bit of info. I logged in an alt right after the patch, sold some stuff and clicked a few in the guild hall.

Everything looked fine, so went afk for a while. Came back and zoned to the lobby. The checkmarks were now gone, but it still said 1/1 on the side.

I then camped all the way out and back in, now the checkmarks are still completely gone and it says 0/1.
  15. smash Augur

What precisely do u mean?

Yes you need to right click a collection to collect them. Its all collections you have some clicked in BUT not ALL in that serie.

Those series you have finished are ok.
  16. Symbius Augur

Also -- I have many duplicates of some collection pieces and when viewing them they are showing "Not Collected". I would think if it was just a graphical bug, then it would still show that you had them collected.

This is a pretty huge issue. Hundreds of hours of collecting these things the past few expansions and millions of plat in some cases spent only to have them completely gone because you may still be missing 1 or 2 in an achievement.
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  17. segap Augur

A "graphical" bug could be as simple as the location or data structure where the collected state is stored changed, but the client/service calls were not updated. The client is reading the old location and not getting the value that is no longer there. Such a bug would also explain new clicks showing until you zone (the client using locally cached data that refreshes on zone). Considering test copy was disabled because the patch on test made the data formats incompatible for copies, such a scenario is plausible. This is all speculation on my part.
  18. Ngreth Thergn Developer

He's comparing it to the achievements like "cat in a bag: XXXX" where you just have to have the item on your person.
  19. Glooping Elder

Not just the collection /ach's are messed up.. Slayer achievements under general wont list the checkmarks if you have the requirements done in the other tabs. Still will show if its previously completed but if they were partially finished all the checkmarks are gone
  20. daranged Lorekeeper

Yes ach`s are bugged been doin slayer`s i only have 2 left to do in "special" all others are checked off cept under "general" the "highly decorated" ach does not have anything checked off