Live Update Bugs 02/20/19

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Feb 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. roth Augur

Always been possible. IIRC they put a limit of three Ripostes per initial swing. That limit was put in place so that a warrior using Furious (the war riposte disc) into a mob’s Enrage (period where enemy would Riposte everything from the front) wouldn’t crash the system, or so I was told some 15-18 years ago (or so).

Mob attacks. You Riposte (#1). Mob Ripostes (#2). You Riposte (#3). It would stop right there.
    You attack. Mob Ripostes (#1). You Riposte (#2). Mob Ripostes (#3). It would stop right there.

As far as I can recall there has never been any change to this, not since they put that three Riposte limit in during Ruins of Kunark.
  2. Vdidar Augur

my laptop cant even launch eq anymore. gets an error saying 740: The requested operation requires elevation.
    The mold in delivery poofs if you die making the mission impossible to win. dont worry you wont know until you get ready to turn in. at least the old way you would know if it was borked from the start.
  3. Cadira Augur

For sure, thanks. I just know for certain before the patch it was resetting gaster, might have been a bug they fixed for all I know.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Windows issue:
    1. Run program always as administrator
    2. Change folder permission
    3. Disable UAC
    4. Select Elevate without prompting
  5. Rolaque Ancient

Confirmed - same problem with the Duende Mold for the Doomfire Delivery mission (Xegony server).
    redline and Vdidar like this.
  6. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Anniversary stuff may prohibit the necessary changes, so I cannot confirm March.
    Will look into these.

And I'll poke Absor about the mold.
  7. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Isn't that like poking a Bear? I hope you have high AC?
  8. niente Developer

Need more info - what filter setting are you using, who is dotting whom (i.e. NPC dotting a player, or player dotting an NPC), are you grouped with them, etc.

This confused me too, but I guess it does work that way. Here's some generic examples of how it works:
    You hit a moss snake for 346 points of damage. (Riposte Strikethrough)
    - I attempt to hit NPC -> NPC ripostes -> I strikethrough the NPC's riposte

A moss snake hits YOU for 23 points of damage. (Riposte Strikethrough)
    - NPC attempts to hit me -> I roll a successful riposte -> NPC rolls a successful strikethrough

You hit a moss snake for 1880 points of damage. (Lucky Riposte Lucky Critical)
    - NPC attempts to hit me -> I roll a lucky riposte -> that hit rolls a lucky critical
    Wulfhere likes this.
  9. niente Developer

I deleted it on accident, it's back now.
  10. Vdidar Augur

explain this to me like i'm 3 please
  11. CrazyLarth Augur

12. Angahran Augur

If this worked prior to the patch why would it require admin access after the patch ?
  13. Vdidar Augur

I had to give it access by adding the user back to the folder in some advanced options thing. I was told some of that suggestion in the post was really really terrible.
  14. Herf Augur

Should Monk Safefall be lvling up like weapons skills are after the patch? Because it doesn't seem to be. Weapons skills, Mend, etc all are however.
  15. Herf Augur

DoT messages from dead things now say "you have taken xxx damage from.." then it adds the dotted persons name.
  16. NameAlreadyInUse #CactusGate

Despite being Free-to-play, I did not receive the 50 AA reward for beating the Droga mission on two separate toons. Both are level 105, one has 211 AAs and the other has 287. I understood the cap to be 315 (3x level) for quest rewards. Both toons did receive a log message about gaining the Heroic Stat reward, but neither toon received any message about the AA reward (failure or otherwise).

What makes this extra terrible, is that it was "awarded" automatically, without my input. So despite having plenty of room in my Quest Rewards window to store more rewards, these awards are now lost forever.

Expected behavior:

1) Quest reward goes into Quest Rewards window for player to select at their convenience.
    2) Quest reward AAs are awarded up to the expected cap (3x the players level).

Please a) Fix the reward so that toons actually get the AA rewards and b) put the rewards in the Quest Rewards window, ESPECIALLY if you can't award it (due to AA cap).

EDIT: Why is there a stored cap in the first place? You already have an effective limit on how many AAs can be spent by non-All Access toons. Why complicate things with a stored cap, which can only cause players grief when they permanently miss out on a reward?
    NeverPayForLag likes this.
  17. Rowlen Journeyman

Loot protection seems bugged:

Got this loot protection too while trying to loot just some primaordial radiance which dropped from one named in trial wending ways today. Nobody in group had ANY lockout!

And got the loot protection again while trying to loot an armor piece from the chest at the end of wending wys with one char, that was in trial task, but not in zone at final kill.
  18. Aidoin New Member

Once Platinum Gem Studded Efreeti Boots the Armor Ornamentation slot changes from Slot4, Type21 to Slot 5, Type 21.
  19. Lianeb Augur

Slot number doesn't mean anything outside the number of slots for augs an item has.
    It's the type that defines it.
    Look at a piece of Defiant gear and the ornament aug slot is "Slot 2 Type 21"
  20. Edenwrath New Member

OK... i've been doing trials of smoke today and i noticed something that seems... off...

My lock-outs are as follow :
    2D:6h:30m - The trials of smoke - trial of the eternal cyclone
    2D:11h29m - The trials of smoke - trial of the ashes of rusted cliff's glory

And i'm giving a try at Trial of the speaker's amphitheater.
    task has been requested by someone with lockout on trial of the ashes of rusted cliff's glory and nothing else.

After initial wave, we try to loot the clickies to port up to mini-bosses and it tells us the following :
    You are not allowed to take these items, you have a lockout for this event.
    You are not allowed to loot the item: Sigil of the Golden Flame.

I know there was a loot protection implemented with the last patch, preventing you from looting items from chests in a trial you were locked out of. But is it normal none of us aren't able to loot the clickies from the speaker's amphitheater trials ?
    juddly likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.