Live server tradeskills

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by quakedragon, Apr 3, 2021.

1. quakedragon Augur

So I'm on Live server and have several gems, and I'd like to strategically use them to skill up. I have so many random gems such as alexandrite, taafeite, staurolite, uncut black sapphire, scale ore, prestidigitate, nihilites, etc., I'd like to raise my tradeskills and do it effectively and use these gems up efficiently.

Almarsguide is weird navigating and it seperates all the info where I have to click click click all around that website and I don't find what I'm looking for. I'm looking for a trival breakdown of all the gems 2006-2020, not ONLY Progression/Classic gems.

Fanra is ok, better, but again missing 2006-2020 gems trival breakdown, it does great job like every other site providing Progression/Classic gems.

EQTraders has good trival list, and the guides are Progression/Classic gems/guides.

What about LIVE SERVER!?! 2021?

I remember a very very good spreadsheet for jewelcrafting. Really wondering if anyone has this spreadsheet, http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/for...31570-jewelcrafting-summary-spreadsheet/page6
    09-22-2016, 11:59 AM
    does anyone still have a copy of this spreadsheet? it appears it is no longer active on the stickied link

Most helpful thing I used back then
    With Google spreadsheets easily share with people and what not, I'm surprised there's not more of this, with other tradeskills.

Seems like EQ start to 2006, TONS of documentation. Progression servers aka 1999-2006 again, TONS of information. But Live servers, or 2006 to 2021 in general, not much, and if there was something good, none of the other sites bother to update and use the information and that site or spreadsheet with tons of useful information. Poof. And then 2006-2021 beautifully laid out documentation, gone.
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

You're a little ... rambly here, but I'll try to help.

Tradeskills up to 300 still work the way you think they do. You combine a recipe that's above your base skill and a certain portion of the time you get a skillup. Rinse and repeat until 300.

Tradeskills over 300 are based upon the number of recipes that you learn for that tradeskill in game (show up in the Tradeskill window). For each skill point above 300, there are a certain number of recipes you need to learn (it varies by tradeskill). ALSO, you must unlock the points via tradeskill mastery aas (5 points per unlock for each mastery ... and yes, it does get expensive aa wise).

Now, in each tradeskill, there are items that are harder to get and/or items that can be used in a great number of different recipes. For example assuming your end goal is 350 ... you want to make sure you aren't using all your staurolites in round cut combines only because you're going to need to make over 100 different recipes.

Now I have no idea about the ranting part of your post. In JC, blue diamond velium bracelets are still the best thing to do to get to 300 (and max your trophy) since blue diamonds are super common on Live servers and velium bars are unlimited ... plus you get most of the money back on sellback. That hasn't changed since Velious. The guides that still say that are right! And if your skill is lower than 300, you can use the lesser gems and/or metals to make lower trivial items to lessen your losses from sell back.

The quick trival lists from EQ Traders for each tradeskill is still the best list of all recipes in order that I know of. That hasn't changed. Other tradeskills are not quite as straight forward as jewelcraft, but the quick trival lists for each still make it pretty simple to figure out what the easiest/best way to get to 300. You can also always just ask in General chat on your server.

With the new 300+ points, you want to make sure to save all the other stuff to do one successful combine of each recipe. Most, but not all, recipes count for the 301-350 phase. That's why there's a tag on most recipes in EQ Traders about counting for 350.
    Barraind likes this.
  3. Wijimoto Journeyman

Post 300, when needing to learn new recipes, I found this tool super helpful http://eqrecipes.free.fr/index.php. You upload your recipe output file, it returns a list of recipes you haven't learned yet.
  4. Barraind Grumpy Old Bastage

EQTraders trivial lists are relevant for today.

If you're looking for a table that shows things like

Silver bar + new_gem = trivial X

That isnt really a thing for newer gems because those gems work differently and get significantly more involved.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  5. Grove Augur

My understanding is that the OP wanted a list of jewelry crafting recipes with trivials that restricts the major component to just gems. To my knowledge there is no such compendium. The list of recipes with trivials at EQ Traders referenced is the primary source as far as I know. I did an extract with pencil and paper listing the unusual gems -- the uncut ......, etc. -- that one finds in loot for my personal reference.
  6. quakedragon Augur

Thanks for being helpful and explaining the post 300+ tradeskills. But when it comes to jewelcrafting and blue diamond velium bars I strongly disagree that is the best route.

EQTraders trivial lists are relevant for today. Agree

Yes, but I'm looking for info on the newer gems. I wouldn't really consider them "new" because they been around since 14 years ago, 2007, and we still call gems like Morganite 'new'? https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=69956.
    It just seems like past 2006 theres little to no information/guides.

You don't even need a bar, that's the thing! With the bar thats like progression/classic, but since 2007 or so, they introduced cutting tool, trio setting tool, that thing made jewelcraft cakewalk.

Ex. Uncut Morganite, trival 270, all it takes is having the gem, the tool, THATS IT!
    http://www.eqtraders.com/search/reverse_recipe_search.php?item=28757&menustr=010000000000
    Go visit a vendor, he's got a couple morganites for 2g? Thats easy attempted skillups to 270, and its just not the morganite, its all these other gems too, alexandrite, nihilites, uncut black sapphires, etc etc etc.
    http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_item.php?item=28757

This is what I mean by there is no Jewelcraft guides for LIVE server to 300, these gems drop all the time, and all I need to be carrying is a jc bag and a tool to cut it for quick 270 trival tradeskill raise!

update:
    I found the glimpse of the spreadsheet that was passed around, this is it. Sadly its using waybackmachine meaning its not there anymore and I can't mess around and sort the information.
    https://web.archive.org/web/20140331040732/http://www.editgrid.com:80/user/kyroskrane/Jewelcrafting
    Found it browsing through fanra, fanra seems to be decent at content for tradeskill guides compared to almarsguide, allakhazam and eqtraders.
    See they know what I'm talking about! https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Tradeskills
    Actually upon further browsing Fanra site, it is pretty good content, exactly what I'm looking for.
    Was looking for something like this list, http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/for...e-6-1-(Serverwide-Drop-Edition)-Rev-Apr-2009=

Thats just 2009 though, but beats 2003 classic/progression skillups by a longshot. I'm curious since 2009, 12 years later from 2009 is there even better ways?

I will be going off that list!

Was looking at 350, I guess I'll have to do this route, when I decide I want to do it, https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/jewelcraft-to-350.244226/

See in that thread, one other person talks about the spreadsheet too!
    Where the heck is that spreadsheet, why did it poof?
    It was the best thing ever!
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Not a whole lot has changed really.

But if you go backwards in EQ traders you might see more
    On the left click tradeskill guides
    Then click learn Jewelcraft
    Then click EQTC Jewelcraft Supplies by zone
    Go thru that list and pick your zone for example lets use Aalishai(The Burning Lands - just cause its first on the list.

And under that we see Primordial Dynastic Radiance
    So now click that and you will get another list of zones it can be in but what we want is the link that says Find recipes that use this item. There is a huge listing for every recipe that uses that item and its trivial and the combine.

Back in the day many players contributed to the guides and walk thrus but that amount has dwindled to just a few..... like Bonzz, Almar, Paul Lynch, Fanra seem to be the most up to date. And of course our super mapping duo of Good and Brewell,

So you are right there are not as many easy to find user friendly guides as there used to be, but any player can make one like a few who did the tradeskill past 300/350 guides.

Sometimes its just a matter of how one searches
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/wiki/eq:The_Burning_Lands_Tradeskills
  8. quakedragon Augur

Ya I feel you. I think Smithing, tailoring, jc, maybe a few others haven't improved much since 2012, but looking in bazaar and seeing all this new food and not seeing misty thickets and kaladim constitutionals, makes me wonder if baking and brewing seen huge improvements in skilling up with them.

I see tons of new food, huge stacks of them for sale, makes me wonder, hmmm is that an easy skillup path to 300 compared to whatever are the other options. I mean 200+ of them for sale, must be very easy.
    Like Merchant Brew, wtf is that? I just looked at it, http://www.eqtraders.com/items/show_item.php?item=40409&menustr=080030000000 I been selling my natural spices to vendor for 1s the whole time! 382 trival not bad!
    Maybe some foods/drinks not listed because they bad but 300+ trival cakewalks maybe???
  9. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Most of the matts for those high food/drink are not that easy to get. Depends on if your using your Overseer or how your baz or bar is on your server. And when you hit 300 and over your skill up rate drops dramatically so what used to take maybe 100 combines now takes 1000 it seems.

I see those natural spices go for over 500 plat each and that's a lot when you need 1000 combines. Players sell stacks of them not for the ease of the combine but for the stats they give you.

Most tradeskillers stay with the easier to skill up combines.
  10. Aanuvane Augur

EQ Traders Forums - Tradeskill Guides. All of those stickied guides should still be decent.

Jewelcraft
    Quick Trivial List
    Tradeskill Trophy Quest
    Jeweler Charm
    (all uncut gems are shown due to unreliable availability)

Triv Cut Gem
    ..60 Rnd. Malachite (5s2c)
    ..64 Rnd. Lapis Lazuli (9s4c)
    ..68 Rnd. Turquoise (1g1s5c)
    ..72 Rnd. Hematite (1g5s7c)
    ..75 Rnd. Cat's Eye Agate (2g9c)
    ..79 Rnd. Onyx (6g8s2c)
    ..83 Rnd. Jasper (7g8s7c)
    ..87 Rnd. Carnelian (8g9s2c)
    ..91 Rnd. Star Rose Quartz (1p4s9c)
    ..95 Rnd. Wolf's Eye Agate (3p3g5s9c)
    ..98 Rnd. Jade (3p6g7s4c)
    102 Small Shaped Pearl (4p7g2s4c)
    106 Rnd. Peridot (10p4g9s9c)
    110 Rnd. Emerald (13p6g4s9c)
    114 Rnd. Opal (17p8g4s9c)
    174 Tril Bloodstone (5g2s4c)
    178 Tril Amber (2p6g2s5c)
    182 Tril Topaz (5p2g4s9c)
    186 Oval Fire Opal (41p9g9s9c)
    188 Pear Star Ruby (68p2g4s9c)
    192 Oval Fire Emerald (89p2g4s9c)
    196 Tril Sapphire (104p9g9s9c)
    200 Sqar Ruby (131p2g4s9c)
    218 Oval Demantoid
    234 Tril Amethyst
    234 Marq Crimson Nihilite
    235 Marq Alexandrite
    252 H-Mn Goshenite
    259 Marq Indigo Nihilite
    267 Tril Combine Star
    270 Rnd. Morganite
    279 Sqar Staurolite
    282 Tril Staurolite
    284 Marq Amber Nihilite
    284 H-Mn Staurolite
    287 Rnd. Jacinth
    287 Oval Staurolite
    290 Pear Staurolite
    292 Marq Staurolite
    295 Rnd. Staurolite
    300 Sqar Black Sapphire
    304 Pear Rubellite
    310 Tril Shimmering Nihilite
    346 Sqar Prestidigitase
    348 Tril Prestidigitase
    351 H-Mn Prestidigitase
    354 Oval Prestidigitase
    356 Pear Prestidigitase
    359 Marq Prestidigitase
    362 Rnd. Prestidigitase

Alternative Route:
    ..45 Silver Practice Veil (Silver Bar 5g2s4c)
    ..88 Electrum Practice Veil (Electrum Bar 2p6g2s5c)
    134 Gold Practice Veil (Gold Bar 10p4g9s9c)
    179 Platinum Practice Veil (Platinum Bar 104p9g9s9c)
    224 Velium Practice Veil (Velium Bar 262p4g9s9c)
    271 Palladium Practice Veil (Prismatic Palladium Bar =Scale Ore (drop) + Gnomish Heat Source 1p4s9c)
    316 Dwerium Practice Veil (Dwerium Bar = Raw Faycite Crystal (drop) + Platinum Bar 104p9g9s9c + Gnomish Heat Source 1p4s9c)

However - Personally - I would never use the Prestigitase, Staurolite for normal skilling up - save that for the 301 - 350 path - they're too uncommon to waste.

The Practice pieces are all decent depending on how much plat you have to spend.
    Grove likes this.
  11. Elyssanda Bardbrain

12. quakedragon Augur

Cool, I'm recalling this spreadsheet, https://web.archive.org/web/20140331040732/http://www.editgrid.com:80/user/kyroskrane/Jewelcrafting
    Maybe it was Adetia's back then or started from Adetia's? All I remember is people could edit it, so maybe someone just wanted to keep all the knowledge to themselves and got rid of it? Everybody seemed like they was going to become a master jeweler when that spreadsheet was there, that or the trio setting jewelry was super popular, it was pretty OP, being level 5 with 35 DS and +2000HP, yeah fun times.
    Adetia's spreadsheets are pretty good, maybe in that eqtraders thread they was looking for hers because of the 350 tradeskill.

I'm just trying to get to 300 haha, but yeah that spreadsheet pretty good for 350, nice template.

So to me, it seems like 2006-2012 they revamped tradeskills and a lot of easy crafts, I guess from 2013-2021, they added new foods/drinks, not sure about the rest but its expensive to do and continued on with the revamped tradeskills, like all these animal pelts, silks, etc. And the cutting tool with gems. Pottery, Fletching I don't know much about but I assume 2006-2012 or even before route is better than any new routes (2013-2021)? Unless they added something cheap (drops everywhere) and 300+ trival?
    I do know alchemy that is DANG easy from 2006-2012 revamp, having all these versluid fungus and aderise bir dropping like candy. Same with poisonmaking. Not sure about tinkering, I think its easy since SoF and abundance of clockworks?

I'm in no rush to get to 300, I'm focused on 300, not so much 350. I know a lot of players stuck around and they already had 300 so a ton of the LIVE server tradeskill guides are all about getting 350. I'm trying to get 300 on LIVE server, I'm going to stick with this guide here http://mboards.eqtraders.com/eq/for...e-6-1-(Serverwide-Drop-Edition)-Rev-Apr-2009=
    Seems to be most up to date.

My only wish is it would include some of the other expansions from like 2014-2021, unless none of those expansions offered any easy (like something drops like candy aka the versluid fungus) because truth be told, I don't know jack squat about tradeskills from Expansion 19 (Rain of Fear) to 27.
    I mean there's got to be one of the past 8 expansions that had something pretty good for raising tradeskills I would think?
  13. Aanuvane Augur

Basically very few "easy" things got added in any of the later expansions that materially changes basic skill up paths. I've edited that tradeskill guide on the EQ Traders site when something has come up to make things easier, like Broiled Raxil fish for Baking. There just really hasn't been an easy button for JC in the more recent expansions.