List of abbreviations?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Shanarias, Dec 24, 2017.

1. Yruc Augur

Servers are old, people have played for 0-18 years... so the population on the servers is going to be at the top end, very little low level characters being made on the live servers. Only time is usually someone leveling up an alt. Xegony is actually one of the best returning / new player live servers. There are guild that help out a lot. Look around for one. If you are free to play you only have the new player chat channel, if you are silver / paid account then you can use the general chat ask in there, say returning player looking for a guild to help and see if you can find one.

If you are a paid player then try maybe Agnarr (while it has a shelf life only going to LDoN it currently has a good population at all levels (1-60) Also Phinigel is a good TLP server which will have all expansions but the lower level population is starting to thin out but is there.
  2. Shanarias Augur

So, having taken much advice, here is my current situation. I have leveled up to level 39 and am in a Guild I like very much. I am only lvl 39, but I go to CR about 2-3 hours a week, and buff low level players, because I am trying to give something back.

I am only level 39, because by the time I get to the point where it is time to upgrade, I want to be the best Cleric I can possibly be, and able to be cool and calm in "emergencies", so as to avoid wiping. I have no chars any more from when I played years ago. The development now is totally different, and the merc is the thing. Thanks to all of you (and I mean ALL of you) for helping me to understand the dynamics better.

I remember why I liked this game so much. The variety is incredible!
  3. Hileth New Member

Don't stress too much about wipes. They're going to happen. Sometimes mobs wander into camp at the worst possible time. Sometimes no matter how hard the tank tries to get the mobs attention, it would rather beat on the chanter. Sometimes you get attacked by the fizzle monster even though alteration is maxed out. If you do have that big of a run of bad luck, just keep healing as best you can and hope the wizard or druid can get an evac off.

The good news is that even if the party does wipe, you can all meet in the guild lobby to regroup and either go back to the original camp together or try someplace new.
    Grove likes this.
  4. Scorrpio Augur

So... what was that abbreviation anyway?
    Tatanka likes this.
  5. slayerofbats Augur

6. Geroblue Augur

If you just search for the abbreviation, likely most search engines will ignore it or say the 'word' is too short and was ignored.
  7. ---Xislaben--- Augur

= Why yes I am camping here, kindly find an alternative location.

edit:
    How ridiculous. Give you a hint, the first two of four letters are GT and the last letter is O.
  8. Tatanka Joe Schmo

9. Yallaen New Member

Geesh, I thought I stumbled into a Linux forum here!
    Bottom line, how about throwing the person a bone, instead of flaming?? I'm late to the conversation. I played EQ hardcore in 2000-2003. Then, a couple nights ago, I was looking at MMPOG videos, and stumbled into EQ, and found out EQ was still alive, kicking, and here I am.

I used to love to RP (Roleplay), and I signed up to Fironia Vie so I can continue to RP. I like it...I'm a high elf, so I'm very formal..I bow, I talk nicely..and I HELP when I can. I do notice a different feel than it used to be. BUT, I am surprised how many people are still playing, and how many new folks are here playing for the first time!
  10. Tatanka Joe Schmo

The OP was given plenty of help, and offers of help. He chose to be an @$$.

How about reading comprehension FTW?
  11. Shanarias Augur

So, I guess you are the "Forum Police"? Seriously, I thanked everyone including you in post #22 of this thread. You can continue to denigrate me, but I won't waste either of our time worrying about feelings here. If your feathers got ruffled, it is inherent in this form of communication.

I meant you no harm. I was merely frustrated at having to learn so much stuff I used to know. Not nearly as bad as getting trained in a safe spot like a PoK book somewhere. :)
  12. Tatanka Joe Schmo

I honestly never saw post #22.

My apologies.

And, yeah, zone lines are usually not as safe as you think. That's where everyone dumps their trains!
  13. Shanarias Augur

Looks like we both got "forum exp" from this one. And thanks again for helping me get toughened up here, and in the game. Life is truly good when I can come back here after all these years, and still enjoy this fascinating game that sometimes feels as though it was made especially for me.
    Tatanka likes this.