Lions of the Heart, largest Casual guild EST/CST/PST Xegony

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Corwyhn Lionheart, Apr 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. complexication Kassina

You do live up to it, and then some.

I wouldn't come in here saying that if it weren't the truth. ♥
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Almost 7 pm EST and 65 toons online. :)
  3. Graymane84 Journeyman

I joined a few days ago. So far the guild has been a very good experience. There are quite a few people on whenever I am on. Guild chat seems busy. The guild is very helpful. Someone even created a low-level character to group with me yesterday.

Xegony itself seems busier than I thought it would be. There were 4 different groups killing pumas in Crescent Reach today. It was actually getting crowded there. It has been a very pleasant return to Everquest for me. Thanks Corwyhn and the rest of the Lions for letting me join.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I love having new people join my guild. The larger the better and everyone has a better chance for grouping and having fun. But I promise as much as I want to see our numbers go up I will never mislead people into joining us.

When joining a guild I think its always a good idea to check things out. A lot can be said about a guild leader. Are their guilds ads truthful?

For instance you see me posting online numbers. If you join my guild and are not seeing those numbers call me on it. I think that is fair. I think a guild leader should be honest and never mislead people with their ads. It says something about the person's character in my mind.

If you are looking at any guild ad and they mention raiding its a good idea to ask them what content they are raiding... never make assumptions.

Check out the reputation of a guild leader and their guild on a server before joining them.

The /who command can be very helpful in check out guilds. It is a bit limited as it only shows a maximum of 20 toons but it does have some versatility.

You could do /who lions all and you will see up to a maximum of 20 Lions toons. If there are only 10 online of course you will see only 10.

You can also do "/who lions 1 100 all" to show the first 20 Lions members between levels 1 to 100. You can change those level ranges around "/who lions 50 105 all" shows Lions between level 50 to 105 up to 20.

You can add classes "/who Lions paladin 90 105 all" will show you Lions of the Heart paladins between levels 90-105.

Doing a little work before joining a guild can help you from making a mistake. But in the end sometimes you have to put a toon in a guild and check it out. Just remember if a guildleader writes a guild ad that doesn't add up to what you see when you join... that says something.

If you are ever interested in joining Lions of the Heart please feel free to check us out first. I am very sure we do very well :)
    complexication likes this.
  6. Orkpork Journeyman

7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Friday afternoon and 40 toons online. :)
  8. Orkpork Journeyman

To the top
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

If anyone wants to temporarily put a toon in our guild just to see if the numbers we report here are correct you are always welcome to.

When I report numbers online that will be all toons online... adventuring peeps, chatting peeps, boxes, alts whatever.... I think total toons online is the easiest comparison between guilds since I figure that overall we are likely to have similar ratios of those afk or adventuring or boxes etc... This also why I do not use the term "members" online and use toon instead. I can't say if I had 76 toons online that they are 76 distinct members. In todays world of EQ boxing is prevalent so I don't try to break it down and as I said its hard to get that data on other guilds for comparison.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

This evening we have 56 toons online at 6:08 pm est
  11. Sydd New Member

Prior to my return to EQ a month or so ago I was curious as to the state of it's gaming community. After some research I learned that Lions of the Heart was a booming guild, boasting high numbers during peak play times. Over the course of the last month or so I've spent countless hours with guild mates on progression tasks, or helping those of lower levels enjoy their gaming experience. We really have been much like a family in the way a family looks after one another, sometimes with no benefit to oneself other than spending time with other rad and selfless folks. I'm proud to be a member of Lions of the Heart, and I encourage any new or returning players to give us a shot. We'll always welcome you to the pride.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Slow night but we hav 49 toons on at 10:35 pm EST.
  13. Orkpork Journeyman

[IMG]

i call it fire crotch earth elemental
    complexication likes this.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

15. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I have made a few posts in which I encourage people to check out a guild's reputation on their server before joining based on their guild ads.

Part of the reason for this is that forum rules do not allow negative comments in guild ads. People should be advised if you place a negative comment on a guild ad that moderators will remove it. The forum moderators have no way of telling if all the negative comments written on a guild ad are true or not. You will only find postive or at a minimum neutral comments on any guild ad. This is why I encourage people to check a guilds reputation in game.

Checking the facts behind a guild. The forum moderators do not moderate whether guild ads are true or not.

I post numbers of toons online in my guild on various days. Another guild I know says they have from 5 to 76 members online. Technically I could be claiming anything about guild numbers, raid targets, heck if we even raid (Lions is not a raiding guild btw. We participate strongly in the open server raids though and have good relationships with a few raid guilds). If you put a toon in my guild and you are not seening the sorts of numbers I am quoting that says something about me as a guild leader. I would not want to be in a guild where the guild leader misleads people. If you read an add claiming to have 76 members online at times and you have been in the guild a few weeks and never seen anything close to that then that is a warning sign.

Visiting a guilds website.

If you visit a guild's website and you see a link asking for donations the first thing to do is ask why. Do they run a Voice chat server that takes money? Do they pay for their website and need it for that? Or are they just taking donations so their guild leader can play for free? That could be another warning sign. If you checked my guild's website I will point out that our forums are not super active. That could be an important point for some people.

Check the reputation of the guild leader before joining a guild.

When you join a guild it is always a good idea to check with others on the reputation of the guild's leader. The guild leader should be the one shaping and maintaining a guild's reputation in the game.

I strongly encourage people thinking of joining my guild or any guild to consider doing due diligence and checking out a guild before you join it. And in the spirit of full disclosure I do think that my guild comes off very favorably when we are checked out. That being said I think it is good for Everquest as a whole if people get in the right guilds the first time. A good guild can make the gaming experience many times better.
    complexication and Motherlee like this.
  16. Hotwheelsfan New Member

Hello All.

I just joined the guild and server, after a week and a half it's been a great experience.

I am glad and proud to be a member - main, Kristell late 50's Pally.

Welcome all, and see you in the world of Norath.
  17. entreri808 New Member

Sounds like the right fit for me , planing on coming back to enjoy conent again , very old school player from 1999-2004 , stopped when max was 65 or 70 so will have to learn alot as far as AA's go but just want to play casualy. Might roll a bard
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Be great to see you join us. We have quite a few people who have returned after long breaks so you will have lots of guildmates who understand the return process well :)
  19. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Almost 2 pm Saturday afternoon and we have 54 toons online.

I think I misunderstood another colleagues ad on the forums here to mean he had players transfer from all servers to join his guild. It was pointed out to me that players may have just made new toons on Xegony to join his guild so I was wrong in that. My apologies.

I will still wonder that he tracks where everyone comes from that joins his guild but to be very fair maybe he does.
  20. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I also welcome anyone interested to put a toon in my guild just to check out the sort of online numbers I quote. I never want to mislead anyone.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.