Lions of the Heart, largest Casual guild EST/CST/PST Xegony

Discussion in 'Guild Recruitment' started by Corwyhn Lionheart, Apr 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Oh I think I mentioned this before but will again in the interest of full disclosure. When I quote online numbers of toons that will include those that box, those afk in pok/guild lobby/bazaar etc. The ratios of each change from time to time but will basically be the same as any other guild. So when comparing size or amount of active members toons online will give show the relative activity of each guild.

I don't believe in tricking or fooling anyone in joining Lions. We stand on our reputation which anyone is welcome to check in general chat or with anyone on Xegony.

My EQ post name is the name of my main character I play because I also stand by all my posts and I think it's fair enough that people see what I am about since I have and will be the only leader of Lions of the Heart from now till the game disappears into the sunset.. well short of a zombie apocalypse or retiring to my time share in heaven :)
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

73 toons on this afternoon and everyone is having a good time :)
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Slow afternoon so far only 40 toons online. Hopefully things will pick up in the evening :)
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

62 toons online this afternoon...
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Doh.. .we were up to 68 toons online..that is until the Xegony server crashed.. DOH!
  6. Riptide666 Elder

If you are currently raiding, what time do you start typically? My wife and I are looking for a place that raids at 7-8 pst
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

At the moment we are doing participating in two open raids. Alternate Saturdays and Thursdays but they start at 6 pm EST approx. CotF on saturdays and RoF on Thursdays.

We were doing RoF with other guilds but they other guilds have basically vanished now.

We are not a raid guild if that is what you are looking for. Only a portion of our guild raids so we don't run our own raids atm. For a raid guild on Xegony I would suggest Machin Shin. I believe they have an advertisement in this forum.

Things may change in the Fall when more people are logging in.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I should also mention that for those hoping to eventually join a raid guild we do not mind you joining us while you try to get in a raid guild. We do not ask you to join us for life or anything silly like that. Join us for a while and stay as long as you like but if you leave for any reason we will wish you well and all the best. You don't have to log in at 3am to deguild to avoid any drama.

I don't believe in trying to force people to stay in the guild I think people should do what makes the game fun for them. If that is changing guilds or going guildless that is what they should do.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

In addition to Lions of the Heart I can also recommend the guild Soul Asylum or Shield of Loyalty if you are looking for a casual guild on the Xegony Server.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Slow evening only 37 toons online tonight so far.
  11. Elmara New Member

I have to say that, since returning to Everquest after a 12 year hiatus, it was a pleasure to be approached by and accepted by Lions of the Heart. I have made many friends and have enjoyed myself immensely. However, the best part is the patience that each member has always shown to someone who has been gone so long with things changing so much.

I also enjoy playing with Heroic characters - it's my game, after all - right? The guild has always been very polite and courteous when answering questions about my recent heroic character, never degrading me for my choice of how I play.

I have continued to receive emails and parcels from guildmates who know I am playing with trade skills and remember things I am looking for to further my trade skills.

What more could you ask for? Someone to group with, someone to help you learn and figure out the game, someone to help you if you're doing quests (like in Vex where we nearly wiped from adds!) and someone to help with trade skills.

Lions of the Heart! Look no further!

Elmara.
    CLR/NEC/SHD/MNK/MAG/ENC and now a heroic'd DRU! :)
  12. Graymane84 Journeyman

My laptop is not working at the moment and won't be ready till next week, so I have time to do some research. I'm a returning player from 99-03 era that played on Veeshan/Test Server. I was in casual guilds for most of that time but also a raid guild on Veeshan. I was also the first level 50 Inquisitor on any server in EQ2. So I have traditionally bounced around either casually playing or power gaming depending on the mood and the time.

I am mainly interested in part time play now as my family and job commitments really preclude me from demanding raid schedules. This sounds like a nice fit for me, so I might create a toon on Xegony and check it out. I'm kind of excited about all the new content as well as trade skills fixes and other changes in EQ. I've subscribed for $10.00 per month and created 2 other F2P accounts as I would like to try out boxing.

I'm still trying to get my head around how fast people seem to be able to level now.
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Hope to see you on Xegony :)
    Hope to see you on Xegony :)
  14. Orkpork Journeyman

We gots all the hotties here!
  15. Teayen New Member

I have been with this guild for a little while now and it is great. There is always someone on you can group with and also everyone is very helpful if you have questions. We all work together when someone is in need of help with a mob or quest. Also there are class experts in the guild that can help guide the young classes in their skills and give tips.
    complexication likes this.
  16. UK_Guy New Member

I moved to Xegony from another server (Drinal) a week or so back and the welcome I've been given upon joining the Lions has been fantastic. The guild atmosphere is super friendly and there are loads of people online all through the day, at all sorts of levels. It takes me back a fair few years to see the sheer numbers of zones people are playing in and has re-kindled my love of EQ. Thanks for the invite, Corwyhn!.
  17. Graymane84 Journeyman

Hopefully sometime this week I'll have my laptop back. I've also started the process to get my old account reactivated although those char would be on Luclin I think as they were on Veeshan before.
  18. complexication Kassina

We all know that on every server there's bound to be a bad apple or two determined to ruin everyone's fun. You don't find that in Lions.

Corwyhn is the poster pally of what I consider a good guild leader. He makes you feel welcomed and answers any questions you may have, and stands up for his guild members and his guild through thick and thin. He'd probably take the most ruthless DoT in the game for you if he could, he's that humble and genuine.
    He's also really funny, which is a bonus.

The guild members are people I adore. Everyone's willing to help everyone else, and will throw whatever buffs we can. Some of us are really good at our classes and some of us suck at our classes, and that's okay - because we're a family and we're just having a good time.

Until hotwings are involved at least. I've banned them because I say so. ;)
  19. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Ack... I am extremely humbled by this post. Hopefully I live up to it. Thank you.
  20. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Decent turn out early this evening we have 60 toons online.

People may wonder why I don't quote how many toons we have in our roster. It is because I stopped removing inactive toons many years ago. Our roster of over 3500 toons is just not a real representation of how active we are which is why I quote toons online at various times so that people can get some idea of how active a guild we are.

And as I have mentioned before like with all guilds that will include boxes, people afk etc. But I think the overall number is a fair way to compare to other guilds since the ratios of such are generally going to be the same.

Its coming up on almost 16 years since I started Lions of the Heart and I have been running the guild the whole time. The fact I have had so many fantastic players over the years has made it easy.

We aren't a large guild because we need large numbers for raiding. We mostly do open raids. I like to think we are such a large guild because we have such a friendly guild environment.

Anyway thank you to all the great members of Lions past and present and thank you to all the nice people on Xegony that make it a pleasure to play Everquest! :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.