Lion or Sabretooth

Discussion in 'Priests' started by kinadafz, Dec 19, 2017.

1. kinadafz Augur

Lion is the superior proc, but it only lasts like 17 seconds, right? And, with a 1 minute recast time.

Sabretooth is up to 2.5 minutes constant, where Lion is roughly 35 seconds during the same period.

Is 35 seconds of lion more damage than 2.5 minutes of Sabretooth? Am I figuring this correctly?

This is what I've really been wondering recently. I only have rank 1 of the Lion and it may be way better after I max it out, but I'm still wondering what is better for damage. (do note that I just made the switch back to Lion's, but I'm just wondering how much more damage it will actually do).

In a perfect world you could cast Lion, then when the proc portion dies, cast Sabretooth, and then sabretooth wouldn't overwrite the heal of the Lion.

[49193/14657] Lion's Roar 1Target: Single
    Range: 300'
    Resist: Lowest -300
    Reflectable: No
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    1: Decrease Current HP by 13265
    Text: Lion fangs tear in to your skin.
    Deals #1 damage to your target.

[56371/14742] Sabretooth Maw IITarget: Single
    Range: 300'
    Resist: Lowest -300
    Reflectable: No
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0s
    1: Decrease Current HP by 2337
    Text: Savage jaws tear into your skin.
    Deals #1 chromatic damage to your target.
  2. Brohg Augur

if you're getting 35s out of every minute, since you're so faithful in recasting Lion, then it's definitely better and carries with it the large regen.

If you're only going to cast Lion every 2.5 minutes like Sabertooth? then … well that's something you'll have to work out. Sounds lazy, I can't support it.
  3. kinadafz Augur

you get 35 seconds for 2 minutes of uptime for Lion.

Basically, you get 35 seconds of lion in compared to 2.5 minutes of sabretooth

To be the more clear exact, bring in my 5th grade math skills gives me 5 casts of lion = 2 casts of sabretooth.

Assumptions:
    Lion can be cast once a minute
    Roar lasts 17 seconds per cast
    Sabretooth can be cast whenever
    Sabretooth lasts 2.5 minutes

So, 5 casts of lion = 2 casts of sabretooth.

Is 85 seconds of Roar, the lion DD proc, more damage than 300 seconds of sabretooth?
  4. Jetslam Augur

Think there's a bit of misunderstanding here.

OP: Lion is only one buff. The one that does BOTH the heal and proc is the one that is a sword graphic and lasts for 35-45s depending on extension AA/gear. The other buff (bear graphic)that you get when you cast is simply a placeholder that casts the actual effect buff. It does nothing. This means that 40s of every minute is covered by lion. This may be extended even further with the new focus on the RoS BPs.

It's always worth casting Lion over Sabertooth.

Brohg: The 35s mentioned in the OP's post was due to their misunderstanding of duration and figuring two casts of lion in same time as one cast of sabertooth I believe.
  5. kinadafz Augur

Ahh, thanks Jetslam. Then most definitely yes, with roughly 45 seconds of the big proc, aka, only 15 seconds without it, it is a most definite no brainer to always cast lion.
  6. Brohg Augur

Oh I see how you're reading it, like he multiplied the wrong info by 2.5. A mechanical misunderstanding is kinda the better situation since it's easier to fix :)
  7. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

more importantly... what are you doing with only rk1 of lion.... you should be spending your time getting rank 3 of it instead of doing maths on the forums =)
  8. kinadafz Augur

Oh, it’s on the list...along with finishing EoK progression, leveling to 110, gearing up 5 toons, etc etc haha.

Semi plan is to gear up warrior with t1 EoK gear, get new weapons for other toons, then work on tbm progression, Zerker and ranger 2.0, and finish EoK progression. Then do r2 stuff.
  9. Leigo You come here often?

Rank3? This spells maxes out at rank 6 giving a 18k proc and an 8k hot.
  10. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

rank 3 is as high as you can go w/o raids. but good revive of a dead thread =)