Linked Characters

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Iven, Dec 20, 2023.

1. Allayna Augur

Nennius and Fanra like this.
  2. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

3. Fyreaway Fire da bow!

Voted: Skip quest
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. kizant Augur

It's a great item to me. I only play wiz/enc so almost never have a fellowship and it makes me feel like a powerful mage for a brief moment.
  5. Iven the Lunatic

Hmm !
  6. Tatanka Joe Schmo

LOL, I didn't even know there WERE CotH restricted zones! Any reference for which zones these are?
  7. Iven the Lunatic

Most raid zones have that restriction. Sanctus Seru and Plane of Air as examples.
  8. Allayna Augur

I think I tested it in the Deep for the CoTH restriction.
  9. Winnowyl Suffering is optional.

In old school Plane of Fire, CotH is disabled a little ways past the wall we all floated over. You could get your mage over, and they could coth, but if they moved too far from the wall, it quit working.
  10. Allayna Augur

Also, CoTH is disabled in Basilica from TOL in the mission/raid at least, cannot recall if in the static zone.
  11. Iuwene Augur

In static Basilica CoH works. It does not work in Plane of Smoke, TBL. Both static and trial.
  12. Vividor Elder

Is there a timer before you can re-link to another character?
    I had the ring linked to my shaman and I switched to my bard, now I want to switch again to my shaman but I cant. I got the text: Your friend has severed the link between rings.

Any ideas?
  13. Allayna Augur

Are the previously linked characters in the same zone still?

If so, zone one of them. If not, re-link them and then break it again, I know this is a shock but it can be a bit buggy.
  14. Vividor Elder

Shaman and bard (alts) are in the same account so they are not in the same zone when I try.

What I do is target my shaman with my main and click Found ring and this text appear in my main window: "Your target must click their Lost ring". And this other text appear in alt window (shaman): "You must click your Lost Ring."

Then I click shaman Lost ring with my main in target and I got this text: "You will need to be further from your friend who posesses the other ring." If I move further (but with both in the same zone) and I click Lost ring and got this text: "Your friend has severed link between rings". And I can not link them.
  15. Flatchy Court Jester

I have not gotten to this yet but since I finished hunter I probably will. What is the difference in the 2 rings and why would you want one over the other? (other than one person needs lost and one needs found to use it).

And is one of the tasks easier to do than the other? I will probably do one on Flatchy and do it 4-6 times on other toons for the other ring.
  16. JetZeppelin2h Augur

I didn't read through everything but this can be useful because it allows you to coth in a zone without coth. Given you still have to run 2 toons to where you want to go because you need 3 for a fellowship so this lowers it to allow you to run only 2 toons to the spot you want to go then use the ring to get the 3rd person since you can't just run a mage and coth. Then you setup a campfire and the rest of the team can fellowship in.

It could have been a sorta nice feature if it allowed say 5 different people to link to 1 other person and then all 5 of them could port to that single person but I do understand it would create the issue of where does that 1 person teleport to if they used the ring.

Should have made it so you could get both rings and 1 ring allows you to bind to a single person and the other ring allows you to port to that person. That way 5 people could bind and port to 1 person and that 1 other person could pick 1 person for them to be able to jump to.

As it currently stands unless it is a zone blocking coth it allows me to run my bard to the camp really fast and fade past see invs mobs. Then my mage can use the ring to get to the bard's location. Then the mage could group coth everyone else.
  17. fransisco Augur

Hardly useless. Its COTH for a non-mage.
    Have a bard/rogue/ranger run there, summon a mage and then the rest of the party.
    I think this was a great idea. It's a nifty utility that didn't take anything away from mages in the process.