Linear Item Progression

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Leeanni, Dec 4, 2012.

1. Leeanni Elder

New Linear Item Progression – Stats on armor collected will increase as you move up from one tier to another.

Can someone please explain this a little better if it's new. Or is it just that everything is recommended 100 and, of course, the stats will go up as you level to 100. It just seems like it was promoted as being new, but I'm wondering if it's just a selling point for something that has been in-game for ages.
  2. Hatsee Augur

It means that going from T1 to T2 you get heroics that are no worse than the tier prior so long as you're after the same class of item. I say class but I really mean the old class groupings that no longer exist, it's quite obvious what's a tank item, dps item, hybrid item, caster item, priest item, etc.

So it's not actually anything worth noting, it just means that after this expansion heroics wont be worse on new items. But getting the new items this expansion odds are your heroics you were after are going to take a hit as that wasn't taken into consideration for some reason.
  3. Forcallen Augur

Its called marketing. Everything in RoF is spun like Everquest is running for office.